• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] are INTJs attracted to INFPs?

nonchalant

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
What are your experience regarding the dynamic between the INTJs and INFPs?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All the INFPs I know are lovely. They're all quiet and low-key, and very sweet, but not in an in-your-face way. They're more unobtrusive about it. Plus they offset my grouchy cynicism quite nicely.

nonchalant

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
All the INFPs I know are lovely. They're all quiet and low-key, and very sweet, but not in an in-your-face way. They're more unobtrusive about it. Plus they offset my grouchy cynicism quite nicely.

Have you ever had a crush on an INFP?

I guess my question is are the INTJs crazy about the INFPs? Like falling head over heels in love with them?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Two of my former roommates, an INTJ and an INFP are dating. I think they just hit their 1 year. Other than both being kind of immature they seem to compliment each other well.

Chthonic

Romantically I have no idea. The only place I've met them is here. For me they are a very quirky and often quite funny type with a logic that I just can't follow most of the time. They will always say things that seem left field to me, but not to others. They are like the softer complement to an intp which is another type I have a hard time following or understanding. It's my limitation not theirs obviously. But of the two I find the infp a lot more delightful although both express a similar humour and way of thinking. But they can also bite, quite viciously (although I'm not sure that's intentional or not).

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Yes, INTJ's are attractive to INFP's. INTJ's like Ne. It's the same reason why they fall for ENFP's and ENTP's.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What are your experience regarding the dynamic between the INTJs and INFPs?

Romantically, I don't really know, but I'd imagine that it'd work quite well as long as one of them wasn't too introverted. From what I've experienced, INFPs can rebound a lot of the harsh criticisms that INTJs offer in positive ways, and I find that INFPs and INTJs have fairly similar senses of humour.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess my question is are the INTJs crazy about the INFPs? Like falling head over heels in love with them?

Yes, if you are not head over hells in love with INFP that means you are not an INTJ, but some other type

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, if you are not head over hells in love with INFP that means you are not an INTJ, but some other type

"Head over Hells". Jealous much? :harhar:

INFPs are often like catnip :wubbie: to the INTJ: one must beware of the NT-NF death spiral, hidden values-landmines within the INFP, and the tug-of-war between Ne and Ni.
I know however that many INFPs detest INTJs, either because immature INTJs are the only type who whine while running over someone, or because INTJs keep stepping on the INFPs' fweelings inadvertently. <--- Case in point: I see what I did there.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
"Head over Hells". Jealous much? :harhar:

INFPs are often like catnip :wubbie: to the INTJ: one must beware of the NT-NF death spiral, hidden values-landmines within the INFP, and the tug-of-war between Ne and Ni.
I know however that many INFPs detest INTJs, either because immature INTJs are the only type who whine while running over someone, or because INTJs keep stepping on the INFPs' fweelings inadvertently. <--- Case in point: I see what I did there.

Yes im very jealous about some INTJs fancying INFPs..

nonchalant

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I like the INTJs ;)

INTJs are sexy, charismatic, mysterious, intelligent, and usually they are very handsome. INTJs are very polite and formal as well. They usually carry themselves well. It always seems like they have a good head on their shoulders. Some INTJs may appear arrogant but that's part of their charms. I like the INTJs' egnimatic stares and I like how calm they appear to be.

I can't imagine myself dating any other type than INTJs.

IDreamtIWasABee

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Natural friends. Kindred spirits. Romance is challenging, but not in a negative way, since they always understand the other in the abstract. Not easily intimate, but always cozy.

In their fights and "debates" they resemble two Bismarckian Great Powers: battle is joined for defined purposes, for brief duration, and with an understanding that it won't upend the framework of their relationship (both fear the loss of control entailed by romantic conflict, as in war). Actually, I don't think they could get a debate going, as the INFP has little sentiment for the hard facts that matter to the INTJ, who enjoys being appreciated (for fucking once) for her knowledge. The INFP thrills to being seen as a Ne-heavy puzzle box. Debate becomes spirited discussion. Again, natural friends.

To the extent they do debate, INTJs like to try to "corner" the INFP into confessing cold hard facts that ruffle their feathers. I don't think they do this out of malice, but rather because they want to know how mastered Fi is buttressed by Te. Logical fallacies are easily found, but no more often than inscrutable, yet somehow "rational" Fi-reasons.

And because they get off on unearthing the rotten side of the INFP (which they respect), who similarly likes knowing how the INTJ's little black heart swells up like the Grinch's.

They shouldn't be coworkers, unless they have a House/Wilson kind of dynamic. Which is a pretty big fucking exception, but many times the little things kill in the office.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=24377]nonchalant[/MENTION]
I have formed two very good friendships with INTJs. One is a male that I would date if I were homosexual. We are both there for each other when we need support or whatever else. The other is a female and if her values aligned with mine (mostly I'm a Christian and she's not) I would have no reason not to propose marriage to her.
Anyway, the point is that I love both of them dearly. They hurt my feelings without realizing but. I don't blame them for that though. After all, sometimes I do the same with them. Mostly because I don't make much logical sense to them. And when they get me talking, I tend to get carried away. That's mutual though.
I envy the functions of INTJs honestly. My attention span is no good.
"If I only had strong Ni" :whistling: - Wizard of Oz :rotfl:

Outrageousoreo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reading this... I need to find an INTJ friend now. Haha.

sassyluver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I actually have a INTJ crush and he's been my friend for about four years now. We've been really great friends and we are so comfortable with each other. Often, I could seem to read him as he could read me too. As an INFP who has a drama inside, xD I really appreciate that. I accidentally confessed at him (because he asked if I liked him t.t) and gladly accept it but our relationship is still platonic xD I am not the shy-typed INFP, I am the loud and bubby one with my small circle but what I think that draw us together is that, we can understand each other and he can be comfortable with me and not afraid to show his true colors at me since I can pretty much read him. :) So yeah, I just like him. :) I am also keeping a diary about him spending time with me and he reads it everyday... INTJs, do you normally or would you normally readthe private messages that a person dedicated for you?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJs, do you normally or would you normally read the private messages that a person dedicated for you?
Only if I had the invitation or permission of the writer to do so. I would consider it a privilege, and a sign of trust.

sassyluver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Only if I had the invitation or permission of the writer to do so. I would consider it a privilege, and a sign of trust.

Oh, I see.. :shock: And with that trust that you've gained, would you tell informations that you have obtained privately with the other party? Often he would tell me informations if I asked him directly.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I have performed calculation of functional attraction of typological archetype formation. Thus state:

INFP attracts INTJ in stage 3; INTJ attracts INFP in stage 7.

Also, correspondingly, in 5 and 4. 4 lies adjacent to 5, hence there is a "buffer zone" of auxiliaration.

Such is an osmotic process; catalysis remains feasible through appropriate agency.

As such, it is regarded asymmetrically. A la, 'sin' to 'cos'.

---

Sorry, that may have been a bit confusing.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I see.. :shock: And with that trust that you've gained, would you tell informations that you have obtained privately with the other party? Often he would tell me informations if I asked him directly.
Do you mean would I share those private messages with a third party? No, not without permission or damned good cause (i.e. to save someone from grave harm).