First 4567 Last

Thread: Pet Peeves

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Oh... I have a lot. I'm easily peeved and annoyed. I doubt I could list them all. Some are more intense than others.

+ Lateness.
    + Lack of follow-through without valid reasons.
    + Chaos for the sake of chaos.
    + Not following proper exchange in conversation.
    + Careless rudeness.
    + Making everything religious/spiritual/political.
    + Unwillingness to speak louder and hold self confidence when there isn't a reason not to.
    + Speaking about weaknesses to make onnself seem unique, special, or better than others. I.e. excessive self-putdowns.
    + Unwillingness or inabillity to be serious or talk in a clear, unmetaphorical, untangential manner.
    + Holding back negative misgivings, then releasing them all at once with no warning, then blocking anyone or anything from resolving it.
    + Unwillingness to talk out an opinion/stance when the action of it effects other people present.
    + General meekness and neededless fear of an authority.
    + Intentionally disruptive speech/behavior in a public setting that impacts others not part of the group.
    + Unwillingness or inability to speculate when it's needed and required for improvement.
    + Breaking rules when it results in casualties.
    + Lack of social skills.
    + Messiness that impacts others.
    + Bad smells that can not be avoided.
    + Showing little to emotion, vocal variance, and facial expression, every time in every situation.
    + Intentionally causing harm to another to get ahead and having no remorse for it.
    + Too warm of an environment.
    + Indoor spaces with too high humidity.
    + Ticking clocks.
    + Inconsistent electrical connections.
    + People who walk too slow and or take up too much space and lack awareness of their environment, and thus do not accomidate to others.
    + Making everything to a debate, challenge, or argument.

Alright I'll stop. So maybe this is a list of peeves and things I don't like that are sort of like a pet peeve, but they're all one in the same to me.
    You have a large list.

My pet peeve revolves around social interactions. The main one that springs to mind is; "To be honest...." "Let me be honest...." "I'm going to be honest and tell you..." and all manner of permutations of this. Really? REALLY? Oh I see, so those other times you aren't honest? I typically put up my BS radar on full power after I hear one of the afore mentioned and I tend to deduct 'spanky' points from the speaker. I much prefer and myself use, "I'm going to be candid" "Frankly..." etc. For some reason I'm suspicious of those who feel I need to be on extra alert and really pay attention because they are 'being honest' at that moment.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    The whole YOLO attitude, no matter what or who it impacts.
    Agreed.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    You have a large list.

My pet peeve revolves around social interactions. The main one that springs to mind is; "To be honest...." "Let me be honest...." "I'm going to be honest and tell you..." and all manner of permutations of this.
    Or "do you want me to be honest?" No. I want you to fucking lie to me and if I find out you have been lying to me, it's going to end badly for you.

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

get asked a question about something
    answers
    gets immediatly yelled at for interuptting and how everyone keeps interupting them.

jeeze if you don't want me to talk don't ask "ooh what's that?"
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Or "do you want me to be honest?" No. I want you to fucking lie to me and if I find out you have been lying to me, it's going to end badly for you.

I've come to the conclusion that honesty is a good policy. Lies have a way of being found out eventually. The maintenance of a lie requires more lying. Apart from questions of ethics and morality, it's too much damn work.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

MY pet peeves. I thought I didnt have many. Then I met children....

1. Repeating myself.
    2. Hearing my name being said more then once, consistently. Over and over, like a mantra.
    3. Seriously what planet do you live in where the word STOP means GO?
    4. small talk. It's boring. I dont care what method you are using to loose your tummy fat. Go away
    5. When my sarcasm is taken seriously. Why the hell would you believe I would actually rather swallow glass?
    6. When people get angry at me for saying YOLO. Ugh, fine , Carpe Diem. Better?
    7. Going back on your word. No , you cant do that. you PROMISED me if I were to drink I can crash your couch. Now you are kicking me out WHILE I'm drunk. Thanks bro.
    8. People in emotional distress, ALWAYS.
    9. People who come to me for consolation.
    10. Emotions other then my own
    11. The Gym
    12. children who play rated R video games. Where the hell are your parents?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    You have a large list.
    Oh I'm fully aware I am easily annoyed. I try and suppress it from it constantly coming out, but I don't do a great job of it sometimes and on some issues.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oops. Forgot a few.

1. Having to speak louder than comfortable
    2. Having to express more emotion than I care to do

3. Oh, how could I forget the kids. The screaming. The evening chorus of a child's whiny crying echoing throughout the walls of the restaurant's. Truly, truly heart melting.
    One could only wish.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

vanity plates.

INTIM3D8 ....seriously?
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Krim13 View Post
    3. Oh, how could I forget the kids. The screaming. The evening chorus of a child's whiny crying echoing throughout the walls of the restaurant's. Truly, truly heart melting.
    One could only wish.
    I never understand why parents drag screaming kids to restaurants. Usually the parents look frazzled and miserable. I have to assume they're oven or microwave is broken, they're stopping for a bite while travelling, or some other reason. Otherwise, why torture themselves?
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.