User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Pet Peeves

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I realize I'm a bit late into this conversation, but some of my pet peeves are:

Having to explain things to people when they aren't even paying attention to what I'm saying.

People peeking over my shoulder when I'm on the computer (My parents do this a lot and I've just gotten into the habit of switching tabs or doing something else just before they enter the room. As an INTJ, privacy is very important to me).

On the same note, being interrupted by acquaintances who carry out their small talk while I'm doing something productive is really annoying and completely derails my train of thought.

Also, people accidentally stepping on (and scuffing up) my shoes.
    “I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of. ” -Joss Whedon

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poetica View Post
    I realize I'm a bit late into this conversation, but some of my pet peeves are:

Having to explain things to people when they aren't even paying attention to what I'm saying.

People peeking over my shoulder when I'm on the computer (My parents do this a lot and I've just gotten into the habit of switching tabs or doing something else just before they enter the room. As an INTJ, privacy is very important to me).

On the same note, being interrupted by acquaintances who carry out their small talk while I'm doing something productive is really annoying and completely derails my train of thought.

Also, people accidentally stepping on (and scuffing up) my shoes.
    I haven't encountered the shoe problem, but agree with the rest.

(Also, great avatar.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Poetica liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

- People who either blatantly ignore me or ask me my opinion then completely disregard it
    - Clingy/demanding/overly emotional people
    - Astrology
    - Hypocrites- parents who criticize their children for behaving in the same exact fashion as them
    - Having my space violated; particularly sudden, overt sexual advances
    - Loud, open-mouth chewing
    - Bullies, animal/child abusers
    - Arrogance
    - Anyone who tries to get a rise out of me or tries to lie to my face
    - People who cancel plans, or aren't punctual
    - Questions like "why are you mad at me?" or "what's you're problem now?" just because my mind is someplace else and I'm not smiling
    - "Bubbly" people
    - Onions
    - Receiving criticism for being a picky eater
    - Forced conversations
    - Extremists
    - Phonies
    Last edited by hecait; 06-15-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    Likes Bknight liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Bernie Sanders voice.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes JocktheMotie, asynartetic liked this post

-When people around me feel the need to make talking more akin to white noise than actually discussing something important or interesting.
    -People who are always anal about how I should be more productive, even though I would be wasting time either way.
    -People who don't question rules and kiss the ass of the authority just to be treated like a good doggy.
    -People who tell me that I should be more outgoing and smile more.
    -People who buy pizza hours before they are going to eat and just throw it in the refrigerator nonchalantly as if it wouldn't completely ruin the pizza forever. (Once refrigerated, it's gone to Hell.)
    -People who believe that house maintenance is more important than video games.
    -People who think that wearing professional business attire makes their opinion matter more, even though it's obvious bullshit coming out of their mouths.
    -Overly aggressive and violent men (It's only attractive when females do it). The entire football team seems to fall under this category. My God are they... Ugh.
    -People who disregard either logic or emotion and completely depend on the other without considering that humans weren't built to attain the status of a robot or an irrational psychopath.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

*Deep breath*

EVERYTHING
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes hecait liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

- Ignorance, Arrogance, Stupidity,
    - Clinging, Demanding, Bossy people
    - Yelling and screaming to win and argument(primitive raging intimidation)
    - Rudeness, disrespect
    - Having my quiet time violated, people coming in without knocking, people rushing me
    - Overly emotional people, including depressive and dependent ones and people who just won't ever move on, taking everything personally
    - Senseless Bullies, Overwhelming arrogance, creating fantasies about oneself (accept the reality stop pretending and denying the past or true self)
    - Dancing (I'm actually fine at slow dancing, though... )
    - Musicals, Opera (like nails on a chalkboard)
    - People who think they "know" everything for a fact and don't consider possibilities
    - Stupid Questions
    - People being too bubbly and hyper ( I just don't know how to act around it)
    - Being pressured into anything
    - Receiving criticism for being a picky eater
    - Small talk(pointless)
    - Zealous Religious Folk
    - Not getting a straight to the point answer
    -One word text responses, mixed signals (wasting my time)
    -Cowardice
    -No self dignity

-Dishonorable acts or acts that cross my value system, especially.

A bit of a list, I got here.

-When people want "just a sip" of my drink. If we were in the desert and you were about to die, I'd gladly share. Otherwise, get your own. This is my biggest pet peeve with my wife. We'll be at a restaurant, fast food joint, or similar business, and she'll say, "it's okay, I'll just have some of yours." I don't like drinking others' backwash. This made me freak the fuck out as a child.

-Grammar and spelling nazis. Yes, it bothers me to no end when I see people confuse "your" with "you're," however, it's annoying when someone makes such a fuss that it distracts from the topic of discussion. Given the conversational nature of internet forums and social media sites, such mistakes are bound to occur. It's less forgivable on forums, however. I think it bothers me the most when I read company memos and emails and see glaringly obvious mistakes. I don't expect everyone to possess perfect spelling and grammar skills (I certainly don't), but surely they've heard of spell check.

-When people don't fact check on facebook, reddit, forums, etc; when people post any article and assume it's legitimate even though anyone can publish an article online. Check the article's sources, at least. If they don't list sources, assume the article may be bullshit or poorly researched. Don't share it with your friends as fact.

-Imperial/Standard measurements. The OP said it better, I won't repeat it. There is something very appealing about the metric system. Everything converts easily. Why is the US still using a dated and confusing system? It's like a big fuck you to the rest of the world. I'm an inventory buyer and we have buy metric and "standard" hardware, which means our production team has to make 2 versions of many of our kits (1 for international, 1 for domestic). It's inefficient and costly. It makes no logical sense. I understand it would take time for the US and any countries using the old system to convert to metric, but it would be beneficial in the long run.

-Small talk. Enough said. I don't care what your dog did to your curtains. I don't want to talk about what I did last weekend.

-Road rage. You sped up and weaved through traffic to get around me because I accidentally cut you off. Oh look, we've stopped at the same traffic light. So you didn't make it to your destination any sooner and you've consumed more of your gas and endangered other drivers by trying to pretend you're racing the Indianapolis.

-When people hover in my cube or stand behind me while I'm trying to work.

-When (I assume) I'm displaying my "normal" face and people ask if I'm upset or angry. "Nope, just thinking." Worse, when they continue to push the issue it as if they didn't believe me, which does lead to me becoming upset or angry because my thoughts have been distracted and I've had to expend energy persuading them that, no, nothing is wrong. Even worse is if they then say, "see! you are upset about something!" Then I explain why I'm upset which inevitably hurts their feelings and makes me look like an asshole.

-When people try to micromanage my time and work.

-semi-related to the above: When I have a particular way of doing a task or solving a problem, yet people question it and insist I do it their way (usually bosses and my dad). Then, if I make mistakes or take longer, they wonder what went wrong. "Didn't ya do it like I said?!?" "Yes I did, and if you'd let me do it the way I'd been doing it, I wouldn't have made this mistake." "But that's not tha way y're supposed to do it!" "Yes, but it works."

-Alpha males who feel a need to display their alpha traits with every chance they have.

-When people select a tiny quote or statement from a larger speech, body of writing, etc by another person and take it out of context to prove a point which could easily be countered had they understood or read the entire speech/book/article/etc. This is an increasingly common occurrence in the age of sound byte driven media.

-When people ask, "whatcha thinking about?"

Yes, I realize that everything I just typed is
    Likes Passacaglia, Bknight liked this post

Most Senior Member
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    1&5

My pet peeves are as follows:
    -arrogance
    -bullying
    -close-mindedness
    -dimwittedness (sometimes)
    -when extroverts or feelers think themselves and talk as if they are very intelligent, while they are just dimwits in reality
    -behaving with powerful people politely, while being rude to the weak ones
    -hypocrisy
    -rudeness among friends
    What might i write?

Most Senior Member
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    1&5

-praising and talking about the beauty of art
    -discussions on spiritual feelings
    -oh and yes, getting angry and agressive in a debate