User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. #1
    Member Bnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    IXTX
    Enneagram
    4 sp
    Socionics
    entj Ni
    Posts
    65

    Default The Universal call

    This thread will be the base where we work together to pin point where our Ni gets its information

    In my experience i gain considerable information from out of nowhere,Iv'e learned to listen to these small hints my intuition gives me because its most of the time 100% on point,anything I desire comes to me and how I should act upon it,its no mystery that INTJ's the masterminds are given this special talent from the great divine source of things,I might also consider it natural selection,in my perspective INTjs are the real alphas of this new era we living in, has anyone had these experiences with universal vibrations? or am I the only one who became aware of the universal call thats leading me to a certain conclusion,in my life I have always been appointed to leadership positions and i have always successfully led my team to glory,my unwavering will ,will not falter ...my spiritual experiences has been magic to my life and i feel myself slowly getting stronger despite my young age,my talents manifested after my bout with the shadow and then i became aware of the reality around me...Iv'e recently been researching a way to awaken hyper cognitive functions because i believe theres this energy everyone can tap into to unleash this hyper cognition, John Nash,Stephan Hawking and many others showed signs of these hyper cognitive functions,John Nash showed us how he used his superb talents for pattern recognition,finding the patterns in normal newspapers and magazines to come to certain conclusions though i think his schizophrenia bested him in that department his Ni couldnt be controlled,Stephan Hawking is the example of superb lung capacity ,his rigorous training breathing under pressure has benefited him against his motor illness and he still lives, i have mild schizophrenia,and my episodes have led me to many conclusions and philosophies of life,linking everything to chess and back,my experience with the vibrations around us,its truly an incredible feeling,more addictive than the Ni-Te loop,now its your turn to become aware my brothers and sisters! its time you became aware to transcend beyond

  2. #2
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Ni doesn't get information out of nowhere. We have brain synapses that triggers on patterns. We get information from past experience and the senses, just like everyone else. Ni is essentially a subjective idea/understanding about something based on pattern frameworks you've subjectively inherited in the past... based on your senses. There's no secret mysticism to this whole Ni thing. Philosophies inherited like optimism and pessimism are understandings that are subjective to the individual. It is a form and example of the product of Ni. We all have it to a degree, just like we have all other functions too.
    Likes Chthonic, BadOctopus liked this post

  3. #3
    Senior Member Noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    806

    Default

    I count a conclusion that comes from the subconscious as coming 'seemingly' out of nowhere. There is a process of reasoning but sometimes the process is less visible while the conclusion is the one with bold colors. If you can backtrack into a clear trace of the leaps, not like confirmation bias, then imo it falls under that category.

    The above is excluding dreams, which vary from actually nonsensical to nonsensically insightful.

    I think anyone, regardless of cognitive preference, can start experiencing "from nowhere insights" if they accustom their minds to working that way - e.g. If you start to use stream-of-consciousness a lot, you might just fall into the habit of letting your thoughts go by unbounded; There is some evidence that mindfulness / meditation leads to increases in grey matter density; Forming more complex metaphors - which you can also get into the habit of through intentional practice - can naturally lead to unexpected insights into the natures of certain things.

  4. #4
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I count a conclusion that comes from the subconscious as coming 'seemingly' out of nowhere. There is a process of reasoning but sometimes the process is less visible while the conclusion is the one with bold colors. If you can backtrack into a clear trace of the leaps, not like confirmation bias, then imo it falls under that category.

    The above is excluding dreams, which vary from actually nonsensical to nonsensically insightful.

    I think anyone, regardless of cognitive preference, can start experiencing "from nowhere insights" if they accustom their minds to working that way - e.g. If you start to use stream-of-consciousness a lot, you might just fall into the habit of letting your thoughts go by unbounded; There is some evidence that mindfulness / meditation leads to increases in grey matter density; Forming more complex metaphors - which you can also get into the habit of through intentional practice - can naturally lead to unexpected insights into the natures of certain things.
    The logic following this would produce 'out of nowhere' experiences for almost every mental process.
    When I see with my eyes a man coming out of the corner of a street this is also an 'out of nowhere' perception. Because I did not see the place in which the man was coming from.
    When I see something and experience a feeling from it, that feeling may often be from out of nowhere too. When you meet a new person and don't like the person that feeling is also from out of nowhere. Will you examine the past and all the little psychological processes you've experienced in the past to figure out why you personally don't like people who portray themselves in such a way?
    When you taste something you like, you also enjoy that tasting experience from out of nowhere. You don't particularly know why you like the taste of something other than that you like it when consuming it.
    Ni holds no difference. And if an Ni user doesn't know how to backtrack the idea towards the process in how the Ni thought process got there at the end, they hold themselves at risk of strayed delusion and solidifying it too.
    The thought remains though is that seemingly out of nowhere is not the same as out of nowhere which is also a subjective perception. Of semantic arguments though, I'd enjoy calling 'out of nowhere' something in which a person has no method of retracing the conclusion to any sort of understanding which is not the case with Ni.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Ni is often wrong in its conclusions too, but we choose not to notice that or simply make up some story about it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    The logic following this would produce 'out of nowhere' experiences for almost every mental process.
    When I see with my eyes a man coming out of the corner of a street this is also an 'out of nowhere' perception. Because I did not see the place in which the man was coming from.
    When I see something and experience a feeling from it, that feeling may often be from out of nowhere too. When you meet a new person and don't like the person that feeling is also from out of nowhere. Will you examine the past and all the little psychological processes you've experienced in the past to figure out why you personally don't like people who portray themselves in such a way?
    When you taste something you like, you also enjoy that tasting experience from out of nowhere. You don't particularly know why you like the taste of something other than that you like it when consuming it.
    Ni holds no difference. And if an Ni user doesn't know how to backtrack the idea towards the process in how the Ni thought process got there at the end, they hold themselves at risk of strayed delusion and solidifying it too.
    The thought remains though is that seemingly out of nowhere is not the same as out of nowhere which is also a subjective perception. Of semantic arguments though, I'd enjoy calling 'out of nowhere' something in which a person has no method of retracing the conclusion to any sort of understanding which is not the case with Ni.
    'Seemingly' out of nowhere versus certified Out of Nowhere is in response to Bnova's "I gain considerable information out of nowhere."

    Those examples aren't out of nowhere even by appearances. Taste is not an insight or a conclusion - it's a sensory experience. Seeing a man from out of the corner of your eye is also not an insight or a conclusion - it's literal perception. There is no information in either case except what is obviously and immediately being given by the environment.

    But meeting a new person and having a bad gut feeling about them can serve as a good example of a seemingly out of nowhere insight. You could be wrong or right, but the question isn't concerning the integrity of the insight, rather the origin. Are peoples' intuitive reactions to body language literally "out of nowhere"? No. Are they always apparent to their conscious minds? No. Especially not to the conscious mind of someone who hasn't intentionally studied body language or who believes it isn't important.
    Likes Bnova liked this post

  7. #7
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    'Seemingly' out of nowhere versus certified Out of Nowhere is in response to Bnova's "I gain considerable information out of nowhere."

    Those examples aren't out of nowhere even by appearances. Taste is not an insight or a conclusion - it's a sensory experience. Seeing a man from out of the corner of your eye is also not an insight or a conclusion - it's literal perception. There is no information in either case except what is obviously and immediately being given by the environment.

    But meeting a new person and having a bad gut feeling about them can serve as a good example of a seemingly out of nowhere insight. You could be wrong or right, but the question isn't concerning the integrity of the insight, rather the origin. Are peoples' intuitive reactions to body language literally "out of nowhere"? No. Are they always apparent to their conscious minds? No. Especially not to the conscious mind of someone who hasn't intentionally studied body language or who believes it isn't important.
    But conclusions and Ni are not the same. Ni doesn't make conclusions as it is a perceptive function in itself. Hmmm Fun thought. I suppose that's where points are and things. Essentially what you perceive can be seen as from out of nowhere in itself, and an experience is part perception with a concluding judgement or some of the sort. So many things. So much fun. So much enjoyment.
    I wasn't disagreeing with you in my comment but more of rambling on with ideas and I suppose something that can possibly be a semantic issue... I hope it didn't come across as writing a major argument against your post. It wasn't intended.

  8. #8
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    I think it's a mistake to assume that any one function is superior to any other. They all serve a purpose.

    Also, there's nothing cosmic or divine about Ni. It's simply the ability to process data from the outside world, and build a framework of ideas from it, like fitting puzzle pieces together.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    But conclusions and Ni are not the same. Ni doesn't make conclusions as it is a perceptive function in itself. Hmmm Fun thought. I suppose that's where points are and things. Essentially what you perceive can be seen as from out of nowhere in itself, and an experience is part perception with a concluding judgement or some of the sort. So many things. So much fun. So much enjoyment.
    I wasn't disagreeing with you in my comment but more of rambling on with ideas and I suppose something that can possibly be a semantic issue... I hope it didn't come across as writing a major argument against your post. It wasn't intended.
    No worries I was just clarifying

Similar Threads

  1. The Universe
    By reason in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-10-2015, 04:05 AM
  2. [MBTItm] the solution to life, the universe and everything
    By entropie in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 11:15 PM
  3. Thoughts on God, life, the universe
    By Shinzon in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 04:30 PM
  4. The Plague Called Undercutting
    By rivercrow in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO