User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default INTx and bullying.

I was discussing with an INTP friend the effects of the environment on personality development. He told me that INTx personalities were more likely to have been preyed upon by bullies. He says that because they are usually more in their head than being social, they would probably give off a non assertive image, which is something bullies pick up on. He then said that being treated unfairly probably lead them to being more T and valuing justice over anything.

I can’t find anything that in the literature that mentions this, so where the heck is he getting this (out of his ass I presume). Also, I would think that being picked on could possibly make you more of a feeler and in touch with the emotions of others because of how much emotional crap bullies can put you through. Then again, his argument makes sense to me, so have at it. What was your type and when you were a kid were you a bully, a victim, a bystander, etc…

Personally, I was the loudmouth that always had an idea up his sleeve to get everyone involved in doing something stupid. I always made sure to hang out with everyone, especially people who were shy. I also, did get in a lot of fights as a kid, with the self proclaimed tuff kids that picked on people, I really hated it. If I knew I would get in trouble fighting, I would just get them in a yo mama smack down. I always won because I knew how to get the crowd on my side even if my jokes were lame.

How about you?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Let's see...

Back in third grade, I was picked on by this one kid who was twice my size. He picked on everyone, though.

So what I decided to do was act all flirtatious towards him to confuse him. This was third grade, mind you.

What happened is that we both ended up in the office for bullying. Apparently he'd told on me. WTF.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Let's see...

Back in third grade, I was picked on by this one kid who was twice my size. He picked on everyone, though.

So what I decided to do was act all flirtatious towards him to confuse him. This was third grade, mind you.

What happened is that we both ended up in the office for bullying. Apparently he'd told on me. WTF.
    lmfao, how would an eight year old know how to flirt? Amazing, only an INTJ.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This is common. No one thinks they're a bad person.

MBTI
    istp

I disagree on types being bullied. In a majority environment of INTs, I'm very sure they would bully someone who is ENFJ, ESFP, etc because they hold substantial control of their scope. And they would not bully in front of face, but would do so subtly in a passive way which is in fact bullying if you think about it.

You INTxs should not think you're much different, In my opinion the only introverts that truly stand up for other introverts fairly or try to do so would be ISxPs.

Also, true. ENFPs like to start up shit and imagine that others are out to get them. Everywhere on the internet they're seen as lovable bunnies, I know you guys inside you don't fool me one bit.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I have a feeling that INTx types may be too oblivious to realize they're being bullied too much. (Well... INTJs. Maybe not INTPs so much.)
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ

I got bullied a lot haha.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    I got bullied a lot haha.
    I don't know, but ENTJ to me would seem like the ultra bully, or was that ESTJ?

Quote Originally Posted by istpunk View Post
    Also, true. ENFPs like to start up shit and imagine that others are out to get them. Everywhere on the internet they're seen as lovable bunnies, I know you guys inside you don't fool me one bit.
    Maybe a little true, I sure loved to start shit up with kids I percieved as acting like they were bad asses. I don't know why but that always got to me, I also knew how to get everyone on my side and make them seem like they started the crap.

MBTI
    istp

I had to revenge for one of my ENFP friends more than a couple times. I enjoyed attacking enemies of my friends. Especially ENTJs/ESTJs who talk nonsense all the fucking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post

Maybe a little true, I sure loved to start shit up with kids I percieved as acting like they were bad asses. I don't know why but that always got to me, I also knew how to get everyone on my side and make them seem like they started the crap.

INTs can be bullies too! Mental bullies! We'll screw with your brain so you look like this and then your head will explode.