User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I was never bullied. People didn't know what the hell to make of me - I was quiet, but not shy and generally didn't associate much with classmates, but I was pretty content, and people were puzzled by it.
    "He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelTao View Post
    I think this is true. My INTJ dh says that he was bullied in school until he grew his hair long, adopted a heavy metal style of dressing, and learned to act crazy. He says people will leave you alone if they think you're crazy.
    I did not have so classical things in mind when I have posted that post.
    The things you have said can work for you or against you.

But if you go too far you are safe.

Most of the time I was the guy in gray who does not says anything. But from time to time I did some things that were far from anything normal.

For example taking my clothes of and walk through school like that. I was lucky because never any school employees saw my shows.

I did not pay too much attention to gender/toilet thing.

Once there was the school competition in: Who will do the most repulsive thing?
    I won the contest with digging other peoples noses.

Back then video games were new thing but I did few essays on how I have played those games. Also I have added many violent details to show how things there really look like.
    I got max grade for them because teacher loved my sarcasm.
    But others have probably linked this with how I am so quiet all the time and probably they have created disturbing picture about me.
    That is because they were spending more time with me then the teacher.

There are more exemples but I just want to prove my point, not brag about it.
    My point is that if you do things like this everybody will keep their distance. My introversion really liked that.

But with time I have figured out that all of this is not my call because I have too much brain power too to stay like this.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    I was discussing with an INTP friend the effects of the environment on personality development. He told me that INTx personalities were more likely to have been preyed upon by bullies. He says that because they are usually more in their head than being social, they would probably give off a non assertive image, which is something bullies pick up on. He then said that being treated unfairly probably lead them to being more T and valuing justice over anything.
    I was picked on. A lot. I was a skinny little girl with a lot of frizzy hair who used to be quite talkative. Never, ever non-assertive, though. And sometimes, the bullying would make me cry.

I learned the art of the snappy comeback, but learned to ignore my feelings (since they had no place in logic, didn't want to give the other person the satisfaction of knowing that it got to me, etc).

Maybe I learned the Vulcan feeling repression trick a little too well, because I completely don't understand feelings now. To the point that some people wonder if I have any.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Funny enough, I was never picked on in school. When I was a freshman, I beat the hell out of a group of three upperclassmen, just because I wanted to see if I could do it or not. The attack was not in the least bit personal and in the end, we all became associates of sorts.

MBTI
    INFP

I was continually and ruthlessly bullied in school, and I never became an INTP. I'm still an INFP, just a more damaged one than I might have otherwise been. I have met INTPs who feel that they were originally supposed to be INFPs, but reacted to extreme abuse at home by changing types. I'm not fully convinced that it's possible. If I could have just changed types to avoid some of the pain, I might have been tempted to do it. I couldn't. I am what I am, no matter how painful it is to be this. I did notice that the IN__ types were more likely to be bullied than ES__ types, but sometimes NTs were the bullies.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

In germany we have a high breakdown of schools after the 4th grade. There are 3 school systems that range from easy, to medium, to high standard. High school, if I may say so, qualifies you for university after 12 years of school.

So we have not that much problems with school bullies, because the freaks go to one school most of the time.

but I had one iNTj guy on high school, I have founded later a company with him, when webdesign was in and we have made some money.

He developed against questions a formidable sense of humor. Well some would say, a cruel sense of humor but we all liked it. And yes there was one thing, why nobody dared to challenge him in any ways.

He wore t-shirts in the middle of winter, when it was like -2 degree celsius what is I guess -19 degree Fahrenheit xD.

I really liked him, he was a great guy xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I spent the entirety of my youth hoping someone would start something with me so I could embarrass them in a fight... everyone either ignored me or wanted to be my friend though, not a single fight in my life.:steam:

MBTI
    INTJ

Bullying was about only common in middle school. High school not really.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i think introverts get bullied full stop. not sociable enough. though i was bullied too. that's just what happens when you're 'weird'.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I was never bullied. My dad gave me my first gun, when I was like 3. Then it accidently went off like 300 times.

It's all about a good lawyer xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]