User Tag List

First 34567 Last

There is a bullying forum at:
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou...nline/messages

I have introduced Personality Types into the discussion. It seems that all sorts can bully or be bullied.

However, the worst ones (my view) are ESTJ and ESFJ. The INXP is less likely to notice until the bullying gets very severe. Other bullying types identified have been ENTJ and ENFJ and even ISFJ (by Poison Pen) and INTJ (by secret underhand conniving).

So far ISTJ and INFJ have been moderately OK, although I suspect at least one ISFJ.

If the ESTP decided to bully (and they may do it using agents) they are likely to be very dangerous. I supect two of these using a ESFJ and ISFJ to do the dirty work on their behalf.
    Freud is 80% fraud, all except the E for Ego
    The difference between the Psi Cops (psychiatrists)
    and the Psi Corps (psychologists) is the R for Relationship.

Perseus

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I was never bullied at any point in my upbringing.

It's possible that it was due to my always being the "new kid" every time we moved, though.

In high school, some of my classmates told me about halfway through the year that they thought I was a psycho at first cuz I didn't talk much for the first few months of class.

MBTI
    INxJ

I was quiet but very assertive. I think people were curious about me. Sometimes, a brave jock would try to engage me and I'd brush him off. I definitely wasn't bullied. Not part of any group either.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    I was discussing with an INTP friend the effects of the environment on personality development. He told me that INTx personalities were more likely to have been preyed upon by bullies. He says that because they are usually more in their head than being social, they would probably give off a non assertive image, which is something bullies pick up on. He then said that being treated unfairly probably lead them to being more T and valuing justice over anything.

I can’t find anything that in the literature that mentions this, so where the heck is he getting this (out of his ass I presume). Also, I would think that being picked on could possibly make you more of a feeler and in touch with the emotions of others because of how much emotional crap bullies can put you through. Then again, his argument makes sense to me, so have at it. What was your type and when you were a kid were you a bully, a victim, a bystander, etc…
    Nah, I don't think so. I had a bully for all of 1 week in the third grade... until I whipped her fat ass. However, even before then, in preschool, I was obsessed with fairness and equality. I didn't have older siblings to bully me, so that's not it.
    So nice try, but no. That may be the reason you can't find anything supporting that theory in the literature.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Funny story.

I was never bullied in school but when I was in ninth grade one of the boys in my science class went to the back corner of the room with scissors. I sat at the back of the class and I heard him come up behind me but I didn't turn around. Then the whole class started laughing and I turned around and he was just standing behind me smirking.

I thought he cut my hair so then I started shacking my hair on the desk to see if he cut my ponytail or something. All these little hairs fell on my notebook and they were short and wiry and not mine.

He went into his pants, cut some of his pubes and sprinkled them on my head. I was absolutely stuck on stupid and started sputtering. I threw a piece of paper of him, called him a bitch ass bitch and pouted the rest of the class.
    They only did this once right? That was definitely mean, and if he kept doing it, I would say you had a bullying experience.

I had a guy wipe his nuts with a napkin, and then my mouth with it. He only did it once, and annoying as it was, I didn't considering him a bully. I didn't like him. But he was more a troublemaker than a bully.

I think bullying is when someone gets into a routine of picking on a particular person.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    istp

I think bullying is when someone gets into a routine of picking on a particular person.
    mmh actually if I take this definition then I was a bully too.. I constantly "stole" stuff from a certain female classmate and she hated it but I kept doing it.. I was a 11 year old stupid, but I didn't think I was really hurting her.. maybe I was.. someone should have just told me .-.

anyway I stopped when on a bad day THE WHOLE CLASS ganged up on me, stole all my stuff and started throwing it around......... that really felt like bullying, I almost cried because in truth I'm a very vulnerable person... bastards! But I deserved it lol..

MBTI
    INXX

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    From what I know INTx will be a victim of bullying if he/she is good and totally geeky.

But if he/she is dark, unsocial , odd and creepy even the bullys will avoid them.
    I think this is true. My INTJ dh says that he was bullied in school until he grew his hair long, adopted a heavy metal style of dressing, and learned to act crazy. He says people will leave you alone if they think you're crazy. Plus he grew big. That brings up another interesting thing to ponder - what it's like to have been bullied as a kid but big and tough as an adult. Inside, is there always going to be a vulnerable, bullied kid? I think there is.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Funny story.

I was never bullied in school but when I was in ninth grade one of the boys in my science class went to the back corner of the room with scissors. I sat at the back of the class and I heard him come up behind me but I didn't turn around. Then the whole class started laughing and I turned around and he was just standing behind me smirking.

I thought he cut my hair so then I started shacking my hair on the desk to see if he cut my ponytail or something. All these little hairs fell on my notebook and they were short and wiry and not mine.

He went into his pants, cut some of his pubes and sprinkled them on my head. I was absolutely stuck on stupid and started sputtering. I threw a piece of paper of him, called him a bitch ass bitch and pouted the rest of the class.
    By God, I would've killed that kid (not literally of course, but at least inflicted some form of intense pain). I remember in the ninth grade this older kid thought it would be funny to toss some ranch salad dressing (they served it in little cups) at a couple of freshmen tables, and some happened to have landed on my backpack. The general grossness and insolence of it made me so angry that I got up and threw a cafeteria chair back his way. Being a generally quiet girl with good grades, all I received was a warning and some slight admonishment. He got a suspension (not that I think the punishment necessarily matched the crime, but it was satisfying nonetheless).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by istpunk View Post
    In a majority environment of INTs, I'm very sure they would bully someone who is ENFJ, ESFP, etc because they hold substantial control of their scope.
    Would they bully, though; or give the cold shoulder?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelTao View Post
    I think this is true. My INTJ dh says that he was bullied in school until he grew his hair long, adopted a heavy metal style of dressing, and learned to act crazy. He says people will leave you alone if they think you're crazy. Plus he grew big. That brings up another interesting thing to ponder - what it's like to have been bullied as a kid but big and tough as an adult. Inside, is there always going to be a vulnerable, bullied kid? I think there is.
    This would be very interesting to hear about. Any former victims of bullying that grew up to be huge and or mean looking? What do you think of it?

The only reason I started this topic is because my INTP friend and I observed this young kid, that we really like, in our communitty being bullied and wanted to give him some good advice. Then next thing you know, we are disscussing the kids type, guessing he is an INTJ (14 years old) but who knows, and wondering how to do him a favor.

Eventually, I just scared the crap out of the little 17 year old picking on him, but I kinda felt like a bully because the kid was really seriously trembling when I got him. I did not hurt him or anything, I just grabbed him and barked all kinds of orders at him and other scary stuff, but the kid was really shook up. The bullies dad is my dads friend, so it didn't get too bad or anything, but I hope I don't cause any negative emotional effects in the bully, or cause backlash for the other kid.

I don't know... but anyway, that is why I wanted to hear some bullying perpictives and thank you for all who shared.