• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTx and bullying.

Perseus

MBTI Type
INTP
There is a bullying forum at:
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/bullyonline/messages

I have introduced Personality Types into the discussion. It seems that all sorts can bully or be bullied.

However, the worst ones (my view) are ESTJ and ESFJ. The INXP is less likely to notice until the bullying gets very severe. Other bullying types identified have been ENTJ and ENFJ and even ISFJ (by Poison Pen) and INTJ (by secret underhand conniving).

So far ISTJ and INFJ have been moderately OK, although I suspect at least one ISFJ.

If the ESTP decided to bully (and they may do it using agents) they are likely to be very dangerous. I supect two of these using a ESFJ and ISFJ to do the dirty work on their behalf.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I was never bullied at any point in my upbringing.

It's possible that it was due to my always being the "new kid" every time we moved, though.

In high school, some of my classmates told me about halfway through the year that they thought I was a psycho at first cuz I didn't talk much for the first few months of class. :D

MBTI Type
INxJ
I was quiet but very assertive. I think people were curious about me. Sometimes, a brave jock would try to engage me and I'd brush him off. I definitely wasn't bullied. Not part of any group either.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I was discussing with an INTP friend the effects of the environment on personality development. He told me that INTx personalities were more likely to have been preyed upon by bullies. He says that because they are usually more in their head than being social, they would probably give off a non assertive image, which is something bullies pick up on. He then said that being treated unfairly probably lead them to being more T and valuing justice over anything.

I can’t find anything that in the literature that mentions this, so where the heck is he getting this (out of his ass I presume). Also, I would think that being picked on could possibly make you more of a feeler and in touch with the emotions of others because of how much emotional crap bullies can put you through. Then again, his argument makes sense to me, so have at it. What was your type and when you were a kid were you a bully, a victim, a bystander, etc…

Nah, I don't think so. I had a bully for all of 1 week in the third grade... until I whipped her fat ass. However, even before then, in preschool, I was obsessed with fairness and equality. I didn't have older siblings to bully me, so that's not it.
So nice try, but no. That may be the reason you can't find anything supporting that theory in the literature. :)

ygolo

My termites win
Funny story.

I was never bullied in school but when I was in ninth grade one of the boys in my science class went to the back corner of the room with scissors. I sat at the back of the class and I heard him come up behind me but I didn't turn around. Then the whole class started laughing and I turned around and he was just standing behind me smirking.

I thought he cut my hair so then I started shacking my hair on the desk to see if he cut my ponytail or something. All these little hairs fell on my notebook and they were short and wiry and not mine.

He went into his pants, cut some of his pubes and sprinkled them on my head. I was absolutely stuck on stupid and started sputtering. I threw a piece of paper of him, called him a bitch ass bitch and pouted the rest of the class. :doh:

They only did this once right? That was definitely mean, and if he kept doing it, I would say you had a bullying experience.

I had a guy wipe his nuts with a napkin, and then my mouth with it. He only did it once, and annoying as it was, I didn't considering him a bully. I didn't like him. But he was more a troublemaker than a bully.

I think bullying is when someone gets into a routine of picking on a particular person.

pardo

MBTI Type
istp
I think bullying is when someone gets into a routine of picking on a particular person.
mmh actually if I take this definition then I was a bully too.. I constantly "stole" stuff from a certain female classmate and she hated it but I kept doing it.. I was a 11 year old stupid, but I didn't think I was really hurting her.. maybe I was.. someone should have just told me .-.

anyway I stopped when on a bad day THE WHOLE CLASS ganged up on me, stole all my stuff and started throwing it around......... that really felt like bullying, I almost cried because in truth I'm a very vulnerable person... bastards! But I deserved it lol..

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
From what I know INTx will be a victim of bullying if he/she is good and totally geeky.

But if he/she is dark, unsocial , odd and creepy even the bullys will avoid them.

I think this is true. My INTJ dh says that he was bullied in school until he grew his hair long, adopted a heavy metal style of dressing, and learned to act crazy. He says people will leave you alone if they think you're crazy. Plus he grew big. That brings up another interesting thing to ponder - what it's like to have been bullied as a kid but big and tough as an adult. Inside, is there always going to be a vulnerable, bullied kid? I think there is.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Funny story.

I was never bullied in school but when I was in ninth grade one of the boys in my science class went to the back corner of the room with scissors. I sat at the back of the class and I heard him come up behind me but I didn't turn around. Then the whole class started laughing and I turned around and he was just standing behind me smirking.

I thought he cut my hair so then I started shacking my hair on the desk to see if he cut my ponytail or something. All these little hairs fell on my notebook and they were short and wiry and not mine.

He went into his pants, cut some of his pubes and sprinkled them on my head. I was absolutely stuck on stupid and started sputtering. I threw a piece of paper of him, called him a bitch ass bitch and pouted the rest of the class. :doh:

By God, I would've killed that kid (not literally of course, but at least inflicted some form of intense pain). I remember in the ninth grade this older kid thought it would be funny to toss some ranch salad dressing (they served it in little cups) at a couple of freshmen tables, and some happened to have landed on my backpack. The general grossness and insolence of it made me so angry that I got up and threw a cafeteria chair back his way. Being a generally quiet girl with good grades, all I received was a warning and some slight admonishment. He got a suspension (not that I think the punishment necessarily matched the crime, but it was satisfying nonetheless).

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
In a majority environment of INTs, I'm very sure they would bully someone who is ENFJ, ESFP, etc because they hold substantial control of their scope.
Would they bully, though; or give the cold shoulder?

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think this is true. My INTJ dh says that he was bullied in school until he grew his hair long, adopted a heavy metal style of dressing, and learned to act crazy. He says people will leave you alone if they think you're crazy. Plus he grew big. That brings up another interesting thing to ponder - what it's like to have been bullied as a kid but big and tough as an adult. Inside, is there always going to be a vulnerable, bullied kid? I think there is.

This would be very interesting to hear about. Any former victims of bullying that grew up to be huge and or mean looking? What do you think of it?

The only reason I started this topic is because my INTP friend and I observed this young kid, that we really like, in our communitty being bullied and wanted to give him some good advice. Then next thing you know, we are disscussing the kids type, guessing he is an INTJ (14 years old) but who knows, and wondering how to do him a favor.

Eventually, I just scared the crap out of the little 17 year old picking on him, but I kinda felt like a bully because the kid was really seriously trembling when I got him. I did not hurt him or anything, I just grabbed him and barked all kinds of orders at him and other scary stuff, but the kid was really shook up. The bullies dad is my dads friend, so it didn't get too bad or anything, but I hope I don't cause any negative emotional effects in the bully, or cause backlash for the other kid.

I don't know... but anyway, that is why I wanted to hear some bullying perpictives and thank you for all who shared.

Jughead

MBTI Type
INTP
I was never bullied. People didn't know what the hell to make of me - I was quiet, but not shy and generally didn't associate much with classmates, but I was pretty content, and people were puzzled by it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think this is true. My INTJ dh says that he was bullied in school until he grew his hair long, adopted a heavy metal style of dressing, and learned to act crazy. He says people will leave you alone if they think you're crazy.

I did not have so classical things in mind when I have posted that post.
The things you have said can work for you or against you.

But if you go too far you are safe.

Most of the time I was the guy in gray who does not says anything. But from time to time I did some things that were far from anything normal.

For example taking my clothes of and walk through school like that. I was lucky because never any school employees saw my shows.

I did not pay too much attention to gender/toilet thing.

Once there was the school competition in: Who will do the most repulsive thing?
I won the contest with digging other peoples noses.

Back then video games were new thing but I did few essays on how I have played those games. Also I have added many violent details to show how things there really look like.
I got max grade for them because teacher loved my sarcasm.
But others have probably linked this with how I am so quiet all the time and probably they have created disturbing picture about me.
That is because they were spending more time with me then the teacher.

There are more exemples but I just want to prove my point, not brag about it.
My point is that if you do things like this everybody will keep their distance. My introversion really liked that.

But with time I have figured out that all of this is not my call because I have too much brain power too to stay like this.

Enyo

MBTI Type
xNTJ
I was discussing with an INTP friend the effects of the environment on personality development. He told me that INTx personalities were more likely to have been preyed upon by bullies. He says that because they are usually more in their head than being social, they would probably give off a non assertive image, which is something bullies pick up on. He then said that being treated unfairly probably lead them to being more T and valuing justice over anything.

I was picked on. A lot. I was a skinny little girl with a lot of frizzy hair who used to be quite talkative. Never, ever non-assertive, though. And sometimes, the bullying would make me cry.

I learned the art of the snappy comeback, but learned to ignore my feelings (since they had no place in logic, didn't want to give the other person the satisfaction of knowing that it got to me, etc).

Maybe I learned the Vulcan feeling repression trick a little too well, because I completely don't understand feelings now. To the point that some people wonder if I have any.

Dominicus Griswold

Funny enough, I was never picked on in school. When I was a freshman, I beat the hell out of a group of three upperclassmen, just because I wanted to see if I could do it or not. The attack was not in the least bit personal and in the end, we all became associates of sorts.

Snail

MBTI Type
INFP
I was continually and ruthlessly bullied in school, and I never became an INTP. I'm still an INFP, just a more damaged one than I might have otherwise been. I have met INTPs who feel that they were originally supposed to be INFPs, but reacted to extreme abuse at home by changing types. I'm not fully convinced that it's possible. If I could have just changed types to avoid some of the pain, I might have been tempted to do it. I couldn't. I am what I am, no matter how painful it is to be this. I did notice that the IN__ types were more likely to be bullied than ES__ types, but sometimes NTs were the bullies.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In germany we have a high breakdown of schools after the 4th grade. There are 3 school systems that range from easy, to medium, to high standard. High school, if I may say so, qualifies you for university after 12 years of school.

So we have not that much problems with school bullies, because the freaks go to one school most of the time.

but I had one iNTj guy on high school, I have founded later a company with him, when webdesign was in and we have made some money.

He developed against questions a formidable sense of humor. Well some would say, a cruel sense of humor but we all liked it. And yes there was one thing, why nobody dared to challenge him in any ways.

He wore t-shirts in the middle of winter, when it was like -2 degree celsius what is I guess -19 degree Fahrenheit xD.

I really liked him, he was a great guy xD

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I spent the entirety of my youth hoping someone would start something with me so I could embarrass them in a fight... everyone either ignored me or wanted to be my friend though, not a single fight in my life.:steam:

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Bullying was about only common in middle school. High school not really.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i think introverts get bullied full stop. not sociable enough. though i was bullied too. that's just what happens when you're 'weird'.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was never bullied. My dad gave me my first gun, when I was like 3. Then it accidently went off like 300 times.

It's all about a good lawyer xD