User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default I dealt with a bully once

He took a swing at me. I pushed he down the bleachers. That was the end of it.

MBTI
    INTP

him*

MBTI
    INTJ

HAHA!

Bad-aaaaaasss!
    wails from the crypt.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Don't bullies usually search for the sensitive and/or passive kid in the class? I couldn't imagine them getting the desired emotional reaction from an INT.

When I was bullied, I just came up with ways to avoid it (enter funny fat girl). Or when I was fed up, I would lash out with some insults that I had been gathering in my head. Apparently, they were pretty good because I was pretty much left alone after that.

Ps may react differently, but I think that INTJs would do their best to avoid being passively bullied.
    I tried ignoring my tormentors, I mean I would just act like they weren't there and say/do nothing as they gave their worst and all that did was drive them into new frenzies of trying to provoke me. It is not true when adults tell children that ignoring is the best way to go. Better to do as you did and lash back.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

My daddy taught me to give them and the system chances to work propery first. After a few failures I cut out the BS and gave them a chance to either talk to me or talk to my fist. By the time I hit high school I was the one the bullies p34rd. One dumb ass in grade nine was picking on a friend of mine, I told him to fuck off, he invited me to a "friendly chat" after school. I showed up, he didn't. :SaiyanSmilie_anim:
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I tried ignoring my tormentors, I mean I would just act like they weren't there and say/do nothing as they gave their worst and all that did was drive them into new frenzies of trying to provoke me. It is not true when adults tell children that ignoring is the best way to go. Better to do as you did and lash back.
    If you let them step over you once, its over, they will keep riding over you till you cold cock em one day. I agree.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    If you let them step over you once, its over, they will keep riding over you till you cold cock em one day. I agree.
    Yes. I think when kids bully or mob that they aren't always looking for "reaction" but rather a chance to bond with each other in the group action of dehumanizing and excluding someone.

They feel close in that moment of having a chosen common target and it makes them feel good. It is a social action as much as anything else.

It is also about feeling that there is someone "less" than they are and that makes them feel better about themselves. They aren't always exactly like internet trolls who troll for sheer reaction.

Therefore the conventional wisdom that, "don't give them a reaction and they'll move on" is false. They may not have been looking for reaction at all, but rather a target to focus bonding and venting on.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Yeah. I personally think the platitude that violence doesn't solve anything is a crock. If someone is bullying, the best thing you can do is come down fast and hard so they know it's going to cost them. Oftentimes that's enough.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Violence - last resort, but not to be excluded.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, I was.

Then a very large bully a couple grades older than me said they were going to beat me up at lunch recess that day...that time I had a plan.

After that, they didn't mess with me anymore.

Mine was due to racism more than my personality, though the fact I was a star pupil probably didn't help.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.