User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    I don't know, but ENTJ to me would seem like the ultra bully, or was that ESTJ?
    that's ESTJ.

ENTJs can be bullies but we don't really fit with the scheme enough to be real popular ones.

I was bullied but that's not to say I didn't aggravate most of the dislike that was directed towards me, however the people I aggravated were never the ones who bullied me.
    wails from the crypt.

From what I know INTx will be a victim of bullying if he/she is good and totally geeky.

But if he/she is dark, unsocial , odd and creepy even the bullys will avoid them.

MBTI
    ENTP

You as a kid, in the OP, sound a lot like my brother.

When I was a kid I had severe shall we say, identity issues, which interfered a lot with what my interactions and behaviour might otherwise have been like. IOW my childhood was stolen from me by a congenital disorder that ruled it.

I was bullied a lot as a result of the disorder and as a result of the bullying I became withdrawn and extremely unsociable. However, being a strong extravert this did me no good at all and I became extremely depressed.

Much later, when I was almost leaving school, I made a bunch of friends among the misfits that didn't go to my school, so I had this double life of being life and soul of the social group outside school, and then the quiet, shy geek in school.

I've been told as an adult that I've bullied one or two people, though it wasn't my intention and I didn't realise I was doing it at the time and once it was pointed out I was mortified and immediately apologised to the person and tried to make amends.

Once you lose or overcome your social anxieties that come through various reasons, it's actually quite frightening how easy it is to fall into the trap of being a bully without realising it. I mean it's bizarre how behaviour that one person intends as benevolent can be taken so very differently by the person on the receiving end. This is why now I tend to like to hang out with people who are quite loud and assertive, because I feel sorta reassured that if I were overstepping my boundaries, they'd tell me in no uncertain terms, I don't have to fear with them that I might find out that all along when I thought we were friends and they were as happy as me, that they actually believed I was bullying them.

It's funny how quickly a person can forget, as I do sometimes, how something that now comes naturally to me (i.e. being assertive and stuff) can be so hard for another person to do, and that you can't behave in a way that takes for granted that people will tell you if they object.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by istpunk View Post
    Also, true. ENFPs like to start up shit and imagine that others are out to get them. Everywhere on the internet they're seen as lovable bunnies, I know you guys inside you don't fool me one bit.
    My sis is ENFP and she makes people thinks she's nice and makes people think i'm some anti-social freak and uncaring freak which i'm not.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My INT husband was bullied a lot more than I was and a lot worse. I flip out and turn into a raving, flailing psycho when people try to pull that crap with me. The contrast between that and my normal persona seemed to shock people and made them back off.

I also usually had friends, often big friends.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

I wonder if other INTx still feel like they are being bullied. I kind-of do. I was bullied often as a kid, but could hold my own in a fight, so the bullies moved on to my friends.

It seems like in most workplaces (at least at big American companies, or at least mine) have an ESJ mentality to the point the mottos and attitudes thrown around (especially when giving feedback at review time) are anti-IN (be more Extraverted, be more Sensing may not come out--actually "be more extroverted" was in several of my later reviews, I can use Si pretty well), and since it affects your livelyhood, and career (which is often important for INTs), it can feel like bullying.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I wonder if other INTx still feel like they are being bullied. I kind-of do. I was bullied often as a kid, but could hold my own in a fight, so the bullies moved on to my friends.

It seems like in most workplaces (at least at big American companies, or at least mine) have an ESJ mentality to the point the mottos and attitudes thrown around (especially when giving feedback at review time) are anti-IN (be more Extraverted, be more Sensing may not come out--actually "be more extroverted" was in several of my later reviews, I can use Si pretty well), and since it affects your livelyhood, and career (which is often important for INTs), it can feel like bullying.
    May god have mercy on you people. I could never work in a ESJ world. All those bullshit acronyms and posters of nice scenery with words like teamwork, responsibilty, honesty, integrity, and all kinds of SOP bullshit. Man I would die right there on the spot, if I was assigned to the sales task force for IBM or some other corporate enviornment. My father is the biggest ESTJ on Earth, and it was always his way or his way before I murder you rude little animals for being so ungratefull. Put it this way, if it involves any paper work or beauracracy or a standart way of doing things, and I am forced to do it that way, then I will consider it bullying.

MBTI
    ENTP

I was bullied as a kid. I never talked to my schoolmates, because I felt nothing in common with them, and they felt like I was 'offending' them.
    First it hurt me, because I felt terribly alone without nobody who could understand me and I didn't even want to go to school. But after some years, I realized that it made me stronger... and that I could counterattack them. I guess I become colder.
    So, when I was like ten or eleven, I made cry one of my bulliers telling him that 'he was a good-for-nothing and he would be on drugs and end dead in a alley'.
    My new brand bigmouth put me in a lot of trouble, though. It's not very smart to tell something quite offensive to some bully who is larger than you and is with four or more friends.
    Luckily, my wit was liked by most teachers, and somehow they supported me. It also helped that my father is a very important figure in my town, I guess.

In the end, I'm quite happy that I got bullied. If they accepted me, maybe I would have become one of them.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    ENTJs can be bullies but we don't really fit with the scheme enough to be real popular ones.
    ENTJs are NTJs. That means that they may end up bullying people so they can getting what they want. ESTJs are more likely to do it for more 'social' reasons.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTj

Don't bullies usually search for the sensitive and/or passive kid in the class? I couldn't imagine them getting the desired emotional reaction from an INT.

When I was bullied, I just came up with ways to avoid it (enter funny fat girl). Or when I was fed up, I would lash out with some insults that I had been gathering in my head. Apparently, they were pretty good because I was pretty much left alone after that.

Ps may react differently, but I think that INTJs would do their best to avoid being passively bullied.