User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    INTPs get hung up on definition. We are the ones who define an idea or word with the most care because we care about that definition itself. ENTPs seem less bothered. If a definition works for its current purpose then it's usable so why interrogate it to death.

Hope that helps
    This. However ENTPs do use Ti and some are even as fluent or more fluent than some INTPs, but in general they just intuit the whole thing more and thus doesent hang up on some details of the definition. At least with my ENTP friend when having some interesting intellectual conversation, if the definition to something he says is asked, he will surely give an answer to you, no matter how specific you try to go. He would just see that as a intellectual challenge that he will gladly accept :P I think ENTPs when done something like that in a wrong situation could easily(or at least more easily than INTPs in average) get annoyed by it tho, i think its something they need to invest more energy into, but still can be as fluent in doing so than INTP for example = the ENTP would get "burnt out" faster by investing in Ti like that(except if its really some of their interest or passions) and it leads to getting annoyed easily. And i think ENTPs could be bit more irrational when annoyed than INTPs.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    This. However ENTPs do use Ti and some are even as fluent or more fluent than some INTPs, but in general they just intuit the whole thing more and thus doesent hang up on some details of the definition. At least with my ENTP friend when having some interesting intellectual conversation, if the definition to something he says is asked, he will surely give an answer to you, no matter how specific you try to go. He would just see that as a intellectual challenge that he will gladly accept :P I think ENTPs when done something like that in a wrong situation could easily(or at least more easily than INTPs in average) get annoyed by it tho, i think its something they need to invest more energy into, but still can be as fluent in doing so than INTP for example = the ENTP would get "burnt out" faster by investing in Ti like that(except if its really some of their interest or passions) and it leads to getting annoyed easily. And i think ENTPs could be bit more irrational when annoyed than INTPs.
    Oh sure, most types can do it but the INTP is still there two weeks later with a new idea to tie everything up whilst everyone else is on a beach with a beer.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?