User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w0 sx
    Socionics
    duno

first, i dont always like being in charge. its a lot of work. I prefer to advise the one in control, and let them know when things are likely heading in a direction that is different than their origional intent. I would like to think that i am considerately careful. Nitpicking about all of the minutae means their ears are worn out for when something really needs to be pointed out.

when i am leading something, i like to do my main planning in private. i send folks info, let them go over it if they want and then meet up. i get extreemly uncomfortable when everyone around is a yess sayer. to the extent that i will often try to keep one person who is harder to convince, someone not quick to jump on the bandwagon, on my team/aware of whats going on. Does it mean i execute all my plans perfectly and never have personality (and personal) clashes with said indoviduals? of course not. i like being told no and this wont work nearly as much as the next person.

Which is i suppose, why i like to know rules and the framework for what to do when things get out of hand ....before they actually get out of and. knowing who my boses are above me, and who is under me, and the limits of my power, and the importance of the goal and what the objectives are, mean that when things get ugly, its damages are more likely to be minimized. i like to see that everything is as solid as can be so that when a crack appears, the team is less likely to automatically ouy both baby and bathwater. Means eating humble pie a few times, but if in the end the objective is reached....mission accomplished. by that i mean, when i was young, my natural tendency was to say reaching the goal at all coats is the objective. these days i continually reason to myself that when I run over people and their ideas, the statistical probability of what i am trying to accomplish lasting (and the likelyhood that another of my ideas is implemented by these same individuals) gets greatly diminished.
    Active, successful natures shun the dictum 'Know Thyself' and follow the commamdment 'Will Thyself' ~nietzsche

"Willing is the intj's evolutionary consequence of Knowing present and future as the everpresent livestream of yesterminute." ~reg~

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w0 sx
    Socionics
    duno

Also, have to agree that there is a world of difference between vision....or the purpose behind the action, and choosing the action that will bring about the realization of the groups purpose. I'm young enough to still think that most cooperate planning sessions are about deciding what the next action to fulfill the purpose is. (Ie what is the next big idea). Then the trickle down effect happens where floor and department managers are sometimes told, and sometimes invited to find their own ideas about how to achieve the cooperate purpose. I would think it rare for the staple guy or photocopy girl to be required to give input on what the purpose for the company's existance should be....but they may have ideas regarding which equally priced copier would best suit.
    Everything is tied together in a well run company. Big international corporate purpose...then the city, then the building, department, floor, cubicle...and so-on and so-forth.

Sorry, I went on a bit of a tangent. I said my first sentence to say that my vision is personal and internal. It drives everything I do. When I make corporate suggestions (ideas on how to implement) I will accept criticism with as good a grace as I can muster. The how (implimentation) is up for discussion. But Critique my why (my reason for wanting to act) too many times, (ESP if without first earning my respect, ) and the claws will begin to protract. The more this goes on, the harder I have to self talk about what I'm not going to do to and the less ill hear what the irritant is saying. And when the cat finally makes her move, it's sudden, and deadly.
    Active, successful natures shun the dictum 'Know Thyself' and follow the commamdment 'Will Thyself' ~nietzsche

"Willing is the intj's evolutionary consequence of Knowing present and future as the everpresent livestream of yesterminute." ~reg~