First 12

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    I think it's more closely related to Ti vs. Te, I'll see what Jennifer thinks.
    I'm not sure, I'm still thinking (and as soon as I start to get an answer, more questions pop up... so... nothing clear yet in my head.)

But looking in terms of the OP, which specifically talks about INTJs and also about "regular INTJs" (the assumption is that they are convergent to start with), whereas bnova is suggesting that his mild schizophrenia leads him to be more "divergent."

So I then immediately ask (1) How are INTJs convergent, in bnova's view, if I want to define convergent for this discussion and (2) how would schizophrenia push an INTJ towards more divergent thinking and what would divergent mean in that context?

My take on that was that INTJs seem to have a sharp focus -- they have an internal vision that they then sharpen to very specific concrete ideas. Yes, that's in context of a Ni + Te mechanism. (this also could apply to Si + Te.)

Meanwhile, if you get Ti, you get a Ti + Pe setup (Ne or Se), which to me seems to more naturally radiate. Te seems to focus on very specific statements, it wants to crystalize things and moves from the general to the specific; Ti is looking for principles by nature, it moves from the specific to the general. That's where I think you are going with your suggestion here.

My mind is already racing on to see if even BROADER generalizations can be made though (such as with Fi and Fe).

So would it likely that:
    Ji + Pe = divergent in nature
    Pi + Je = convergent?

Still thinking, but that's where my process just went.

[And I guess my thought process, as you see, has trouble crystalizing into specifics: You can see that the more I think about it, the more I 'reach out' for more things to bring into a general concept, versus crystalizing into something very specific.]
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IXTX
    Enneagram
    4 sp
    Socionics
    entj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Because you're not an INTJ.
    then what type do you think i am?

MBTI
    IXTX
    Enneagram
    4 sp
    Socionics
    entj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm not sure, I'm still thinking (and as soon as I start to get an answer, more questions pop up... so... nothing clear yet in my head.)

But looking in terms of the OP, which specifically talks about INTJs and also about "regular INTJs" (the assumption is that they are convergent to start with), whereas bnova is suggesting that his mild schizophrenia leads him to be more "divergent."

So I then immediately ask (1) How are INTJs convergent, in bnova's view, if I want to define convergent for this discussion and (2) how would schizophrenia push an INTJ towards more divergent thinking and what would divergent mean in that context?

My take on that was that INTJs seem to have a sharp focus -- they have an internal vision that they then sharpen to very specific concrete ideas. Yes, that's in context of a Ni + Te mechanism. (this also could apply to Si + Te.)

Meanwhile, if you get Ti, you get a Ti + Pe setup (Ne or Se), which to me seems to more naturally radiate. Te seems to focus on very specific statements, it wants to crystalize things and moves from the general to the specific; Ti is looking for principles by nature, it moves from the specific to the general. That's where I think you are going with your suggestion here.

My mind is already racing on to see if even BROADER generalizations can be made though (such as with Fi and Fe).

So would it likely that:
    Ji + Pe = divergent in nature
    Pi + Je = convergent?

Still thinking, but that's where my process just went.

[And I guess my thought process, as you see, has trouble crystalizing into specifics: You can see that the more I think about it, the more I 'reach out' for more things to bring into a general concept, versus crystalizing into something very specific.]
    I commend you on your observational skills you seem like a truly unique individual in your own right,

this is going to be a rather simple explanation

How i view divergent thinking is how it connects to my mild schizophrenia while most INTJs seem to be narrowed to one train of thought and they just seem to not grasp concepts around what i say, my imaginative side and my visionary prowess= divergent thought thinking around a problem outside of the box but with no cage,it seems iv'e hit the quota where my explanation makes absolutely no sense though it makes sense to me,visualize thinking outside the box without a cage around you,the cage suggests that some INTJs are stuck in a smaller cycle of thought whilst I'm I dont have constraints in my thinking because i believe in the impossible made possible,most \intjs just accept things as they are,I think what i'm describing is more a psychological state, PsychologicaState=(Ni+Te)xRiskAptitude(Inspiration aptitude) I dont know if that made sense i kind of get the feeling this will put your thoughts in disarray,good luck