• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Which band name should my band choose?

Which of these do you like?

• Total voters

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Which of these do you like best? (the genre is funk/rock/psychedelic/electronic/metal/jam band):

Covered With Bees
The Swamp Men
The Swamp Man Gathering
The Woodland Bears (but I don't want to be identified as those gay "Bears")
The Woodland Critters
DopeWise
Too Dope to Cope (this one is pretty stupid but i kinda like it)
Sinister Grip
The Smokes
The Ultimate Dudes
Death Noogie

Feel free to offer your own suggestions too.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Covered with Bees
The Swamp Man Gathering

Suggestions : look at your lyrics and choose something from that

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
How about this: Supernova?

If you totally hate that, then I'll take DopeWise.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I voted for "The Swamp Men Gathering", but I would prefer the "the" cut.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Just throwing some other stuff out here... (I voted for Sinister Grip, though Swamp Men Gathering is cool too):

Wasted

A Damned Shame

Catharsis

Supersonic Death-Monkeys from Hell (heh heh)

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Swamp Men Gathering is a sick name.

What kind of music is it?

Snail

MBTI Type
INFP
wasted

I wanted to name my band "Aural Fixation," but the other members found it inappropriate. It made perfect sense to me. You can borrow that name if you like it, since I never got to use it. :(

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
ehh that music is more about low octave sludge guitar with gritty bass and slow solid drumming, with a lot of repetition. Like Kyuss.

I know what stoner rock is.

rock/psych/metal/jam are all aspects of stoner, I think.

the addition of funk and electronic sounds volatile.

I look forward to hearing this, I hope you have a solid front man because it sounds like you'll need it.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I know what stoner rock is.

rock/psych/metal/jam are all aspects of stoner, I think.

the addition of funk and electronic sounds volatile.

I look forward to hearing this, I hope you have a solid front man because it sounds like you'll need it.

Yes... I'm mentally hearing a fusion of Morcheeba and the more upbeat Radiohead numbers (like Idioteque and part of the Paranoid Android cycle).

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
My personal theory is that the cooler the band name is, the lamer the band will be. Like they squander all their coolness allotment on their name.

MBTI Type
ENTP
My personal theory is that the cooler the band name is, the lamer the band will be. Like they squander all their coolness allotment on their name.

meh... there are too many counter-examples to ever establish your theory as even generally true...

(Guns n' Roses, Rage Against the Machine, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Who, The Dead Kennedys, The Grateful Dead, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Temptations, Led Zeppelin, The Band, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Misfits, Radiohead, Derek and the Dominoes, U2, Velvet Underground, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Stone Temple Pilots, Morcheeba)

______

although I'm not sure what to think of Spinal Tap... that is undoubtedly one of the coolest band names ever, and I'm not sure they're (even as a fictional band) that good... though one or two of their songs were really cool...

I'm caught between thinking names like Metallica and Def Leppard are pretty cool and super lame... the bands are obviously great bands...

And what to think of Cream?!?!?!??!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry JJJ, you got me thinking about this... ;)

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
meh... there are too many counter-examples to ever establish your theory as even generally true...

(Guns n' Roses, Rage Against the Machine, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Who, The Dead Kennedys, The Grateful Dead, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Temptations, Led Zeppelin, The Band, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Misfits, Radiohead, Derek and the Dominoes, U2, Velvet Underground, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Stone Temple Pilots, Morcheeba)

These were bands I specifically thought of as not having especially cool names. Add to that Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds The Tea Party, Arcade Fire and you see a an uninspiring, chosen-by-a-15yrold trend emerging. STP to me had a couple of good songs and not all that much else, contributing significantly to the formation of my band names theory.

I'm caught between thinking names like Metallica and Def Leppard are pretty cool and super lame... the bands are obviously great bands...

Having a name which is simultaneously pretty cool and super lame is absolutely necessary for metal bands imo. A name older people can choose to see as amusingly ironic, and young rebellious teens can inscribe on their pencil cases.

MBTI Type
ENTP
These were bands I specifically thought of as not having especially cool names. Add to that Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds The Tea Party, Arcade Fire and you see a an uninspiring, chosen-by-a-15yrold trend emerging. STP to me had a couple of good songs and not all that much else, contributing significantly to the formation of my band names theory.

Having a name which is simultaneously pretty cool and super lame is absolutely necessary for metal bands imo. A name older people can choose to see as amusingly ironic, and young rebellious teens can inscribe on their pencil cases.

The Doors, i.e. the doors of illusion? Well... I guess for people not in the know, it could sound a little stilted... but The Sex Pistols? Come on... oh well... subjective subjective I know....

I can't believe you don't think Nirvana is a cool name though... that's just awesome... particularly when held against the kind of grunge they played... it's the sort of brash, super-intense name that made me think, before I heard them, "you kidding me? you? NIRVANA?"... and they lived up to the name... almost... (no band can ever quite live up to enlightenment.... per se...)

Ah well...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I really like the name 'Covered with Bees.'

Because then, if you get a gig, you get to announce 'Hey, we're Covered With Bees, and tonight we're performing...'