User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which of these do you like?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Covered With Bees

12 27.91%
  • The Swamp Men

2 4.65%
  • The Swamp Man Gathering

11 25.58%
  • The Woodland Bears (but I don't want to be identified as those gay "Bears")

1 2.33%
  • The Woodland Critters

2 4.65%
  • DopeWise

4 9.30%
  • Too Dope to Cope (this one is pretty stupid but i kinda like it)

0 0%
  • Sinister Grip

7 16.28%
  • The Smokes

6 13.95%
  • The Ultimate Dudes

4 9.30%
  • Death Noogie

8 18.60%
  • I have a new name that is better than all of these (I'm probably bullshitting you)

9 20.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Stoner rock you mean?
    wails from the crypt.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Stoner rock you mean?
    ehh that music is more about low octave sludge guitar with gritty bass and slow solid drumming, with a lot of repetition. Like Kyuss.

MBTI
    INFP

Default wasted

I wanted to name my band "Aural Fixation," but the other members found it inappropriate. It made perfect sense to me. You can borrow that name if you like it, since I never got to use it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    ehh that music is more about low octave sludge guitar with gritty bass and slow solid drumming, with a lot of repetition. Like Kyuss.
    I know what stoner rock is.

rock/psych/metal/jam are all aspects of stoner, I think.

the addition of funk and electronic sounds volatile.

I look forward to hearing this, I hope you have a solid front man because it sounds like you'll need it.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    I know what stoner rock is.

rock/psych/metal/jam are all aspects of stoner, I think.

the addition of funk and electronic sounds volatile.

I look forward to hearing this, I hope you have a solid front man because it sounds like you'll need it.
    Yes... I'm mentally hearing a fusion of Morcheeba and the more upbeat Radiohead numbers (like Idioteque and part of the Paranoid Android cycle).
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INFP

My personal theory is that the cooler the band name is, the lamer the band will be. Like they squander all their coolness allotment on their name.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    My personal theory is that the cooler the band name is, the lamer the band will be. Like they squander all their coolness allotment on their name.
    meh... there are too many counter-examples to ever establish your theory as even generally true...

(Guns n' Roses, Rage Against the Machine, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Who, The Dead Kennedys, The Grateful Dead, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Temptations, Led Zeppelin, The Band, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Misfits, Radiohead, Derek and the Dominoes, U2, Velvet Underground, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Stone Temple Pilots, Morcheeba)

______

although I'm not sure what to think of Spinal Tap... that is undoubtedly one of the coolest band names ever, and I'm not sure they're (even as a fictional band) that good... though one or two of their songs were really cool...

I'm caught between thinking names like Metallica and Def Leppard are pretty cool and super lame... the bands are obviously great bands...

And what to think of Cream?!?!?!??!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry JJJ, you got me thinking about this...

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    meh... there are too many counter-examples to ever establish your theory as even generally true...

(Guns n' Roses, Rage Against the Machine, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Who, The Dead Kennedys, The Grateful Dead, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Temptations, Led Zeppelin, The Band, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Misfits, Radiohead, Derek and the Dominoes, U2, Velvet Underground, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Stone Temple Pilots, Morcheeba)
    These were bands I specifically thought of as not having especially cool names. Add to that Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds The Tea Party, Arcade Fire and you see a an uninspiring, chosen-by-a-15yrold trend emerging. STP to me had a couple of good songs and not all that much else, contributing significantly to the formation of my band names theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    I'm caught between thinking names like Metallica and Def Leppard are pretty cool and super lame... the bands are obviously great bands...
    Having a name which is simultaneously pretty cool and super lame is absolutely necessary for metal bands imo. A name older people can choose to see as amusingly ironic, and young rebellious teens can inscribe on their pencil cases.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    These were bands I specifically thought of as not having especially cool names. Add to that Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds The Tea Party, Arcade Fire and you see a an uninspiring, chosen-by-a-15yrold trend emerging. STP to me had a couple of good songs and not all that much else, contributing significantly to the formation of my band names theory.

Having a name which is simultaneously pretty cool and super lame is absolutely necessary for metal bands imo. A name older people can choose to see as amusingly ironic, and young rebellious teens can inscribe on their pencil cases.
    The Doors, i.e. the doors of illusion? Well... I guess for people not in the know, it could sound a little stilted... but The Sex Pistols? Come on... oh well... subjective subjective I know....

I can't believe you don't think Nirvana is a cool name though... that's just awesome... particularly when held against the kind of grunge they played... it's the sort of brash, super-intense name that made me think, before I heard them, "you kidding me? you? NIRVANA?"... and they lived up to the name... almost... (no band can ever quite live up to enlightenment.... per se...)

Ah well...

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I really like the name 'Covered with Bees.'

Because then, if you get a gig, you get to announce 'Hey, we're Covered With Bees, and tonight we're performing...'
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge