User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Ni.. this is an unconscious long range knowing of people and events unfolding, Intentions etc
    Ni as a first process lets you see very deeply into people.. immediately liking/disliking without being able to describe exactly why.
    Over time, able to get right to the heart of it bluntly.

Ne... is a conscious in the moment process people places and things, connecting circumstances in the moment
    Ne as a first process connects in the moment and can determine authenticity,
    Describing bluntly exactly why, Objectively

My best friend is ENFP.. she operates first through Ne

I am INFJ.. I operate first through Ni
    No.. Ne is unconscious also(MBTI 101), rest isnt right either.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes LunaLuminosity liked this post

the vowels
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes LunaLuminosity liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by chado View Post
    wait are you telling me than an np or intp or entp can actualy use ni?????

- - - Updated - - -

that an intp could actualy use ni side by side with your main function like it is a dominant function?
    Some systems that define functions(and pretty much the whole psyche) differently like socionics and beebean 8 function model says this, but not according to MBTI.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    infp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Default im confused???how does the shadow functions works??

ok lets take an intp how does shadow functions emerge? this is what wikipedia says ''Later personality researchers (notably Linda V. Berens)[18] added four additional functions to the descending hierarchy, the so-called "shadow" functions to which the individual is not naturally inclined but which can emerge when the person is under stress. For the INTP these shadow functions are (in order):te ni se fi
    now what does this mean?if an intp is under stress would he/she be using ni as a dominant function?to what degree would he be using ni if he is under stress thanks?
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Good summation. Only part I take issue with (for a summation) is Pi as introspection and Ji as making decisions alone. The Ti and Fi doms I know spend long periods mulling over . . . something . . . it isn't maybe quite the same as Ni or Si, whose introspection I can understand better, but I do think Ji does a lot of introspecting. INTPs are some of the most introspective types out there . . .

Perhaps you are defining introspection in a 'fuzzy' Pi way as opposed to a more rational and conscious Ji way?

Also curious about why you associate N and creativity; I tend to do that as well, although my empirical experience doesn't bear it out.
    Let me think about that.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Why is this labelled as INFJ and in the NF section??

And I'm not too clear on shadow functions myself but the first place I had a read on them was here.

Essentially we all have the 8 functions, just in diff orders and to different strengths.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by chado View Post
    ok lets take an intp how does shadow functions emerge? this is what wikipedia says ''Later personality researchers (notably Linda V. Berens)[18] added four additional functions to the descending hierarchy, the so-called "shadow" functions to which the individual is not naturally inclined but which can emerge when the person is under stress. For the INTP these shadow functions are (in order):te ni se fi
    now what does this mean?if an intp is under stress would he/she be using ni as a dominant function?to what degree would he be using ni if he is under stress thanks?
    there are a lot of different views on the shadow.
    there are so many we could fill 10,000 books literally. If you want to know more about how shadow and typology play out you might want to read Carl Jung's works. Don't take it all literally, be independent in your thought, but it's a good place to start.

Also realize there are no rules set in stone here. We might come to find out that our shadow is actually a series of other things and the word shadow is just used to describe the phenomenology initially of some amorphous experience we lack the words for.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

They dont work, they are just some theoretical new view on type that pretty much disregards much in older models to simplify things. Really that "Fi" in INTP for example is Ti trying to take over analysis that belongs to Fe(due to Ti being overrepresented by the ego and Fe being too unconscious to be used properly), which results in introverted processing of contents of Fe, but that processing is really based on principle of logic. The shadow function theory disregards this sort of thing and just calls it Fi. By doing so, it also drastically changes the whole definition of the functions.

This is something that happens constantly with functions that are not developed to be directed consciously, in other words are undifferentiated:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.nyaap.org/jung-lexicon/d/
    Differentiation

The separation of parts from a whole, necessary for conscious access to the psychological functions.

"So long as a function is still so fused with one or more other functions-thinking with feeling, feeling with sensation, etc.-that it is unable to operate on its own, it is in an archaic condition, i.e., not differentiated, not separated from the whole as a special part and existing by itself. Undifferentiated thinking is incapable of thinking apart from other functions; it is continually mixed up with sensations, feelings, intuitions, just as undifferentiated feeling is mixed up with sensations and fantasies."["Definitions," CW 6, par. 705.]

An undifferentiated function is characterized by ambivalence (every position entails its own negative), which leads to characteristic inhibitions in its use.

"Differentiation consists in the separation of the function from other functions, and in the separation of its individual parts from each other. Without differentiation direction is impossible, since the direction of a function towards a goal depends on the elimination of anything irrelevant. Fusion with the irrelevant precludes direction; only a differentiated function is capable of being directed."[ Ibid., par. 705.]
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Default im confused???how does the shadow functions works??

I hope some one takes the time to explain there understanding about the subject,

Good question.
    Last edited by KitchenFly; 02-13-2015 at 08:00 AM.