User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE Ni

Hmmm, I'm confused. I haven't really pondered MBTI in awhile, can you use Ni/Ne simultaneously? or use them almost balanced. because I feel as if I do
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    infp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinth_perhaps View Post
    Hmmm, I'm confused. I haven't really pondered MBTI in awhile, can you use Ni/Ne simultaneously? or use them almost balanced. because I feel as if I do
    wait are you telling me than an np or intp or entp can actualy use ni?????

- - - Updated - - -

that an intp could actualy use ni side by side with your main function like it is a dominant function?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Ni is insight.

Ne is creativity.
    Likes oneandonly liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

N is creativity, and to a lesser extent, awareness of ideas (Ne, Ni).
    S is practicality, and to a lesser extent, awareness of the physical world (Se, Si).
    F is emotion, and F types tend toward keeping emotional harmony with ___ (Fe, Fi).
    T is logic and truth-seeking, disregarding emotion and morals (Te, Ti).

Pe is exploration (Ne, Se).
    Pi is introspection (Ni, Si).
    Ji is decisions made alone (Fi, Ti).
    Je is decisions made with others (Fe, Te).

J-dom is decisive.
    P-dom is indecisive.

Doesn't get much harder than that.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes LonestarCowgirl, Kullervo, Such Irony liked this post

When Fe goes amiss it's "if you don't care, I don't care." For example, I was at a restaurant and asked the waiter to bring me the eating utensils. The waiter never brought them, my meal was getting cold, and my patience was gone. I literally took matters into my own hands and started eating with my hands. When I looked up and saw shocked faces of the party I was with I said, "welp, if they don't care, I don't care!" and continued eating.

If one uses their imagination, it fits here. I was tagged and had nothing else to add.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by chado View Post
    can someone tell me whats the difference between ni and ne intuition im confused someone help please??
    Ni can't really be assesed without thinking of SE. The two are required to be thought of in conjunction.

NI results when we memorize some basic objective facts from outside (SE) like doing routine homework as in math. We do the problems over and over agian. Finally we gain an understanding of the issue that comes if by magic. IT is like when you can't describe what you learned but you know it because you did so many problems and you are the best in the class at it. Somehow your brain is able to pick out what the relevant information is, because you've developed a good technique, and now you can just do it by skipping some steps.

NE works with SI. Ne results when we get deep sensory impressions from external objects or things and are able to combine these things to form something new. The way I think of SI is when someone is studying for hours, like an inventor, and can't solve an issue. He then goes and plays chess or basketball and a sensory impression surfaces for some reason while he is shooting the ball and he suddenly realizes that if he combines two random things a new third thing will exist.

Both NI and NE are used to bridge systems, come to new insights, and brainstorm.

Some consider brainstorming an NE thing but this is quite false. intuition, both extroverted and introverted are used in brainstorming. The difference is this: NE is leaned on in brainstorming for coming up with multiple solutions where as NI is used to pick the best one out of the bunch.

In truth no cognitive function is ever on its own. We use all 8 cognitive functions in everything we do. What the theory means is that we are aware of 3 and barely of a fourth and the other 8 are in the background deep in the unconscious.

I do not like to analyze the functions on their own because you can't without mentioning the opposite function because they work like a pendulum or a see saw. SE(objective facts) TE(how objective facts logically work together) FE(values from the group) FI(personal values) TI(leverage points in systems) SI(deep sensory impresions) NI(mostly associated with the image making function of the psyche as it pertains to SE observations not to be confused with imagination per se).

That's my five cents.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    N is creativity, and to a lesser extent, awareness of ideas (Ne, Ni).
    S is practicality, and to a lesser extent, awareness of the physical world (Se, Si).
    F is emotion, and F types tend toward keeping emotional harmony with ___ (Fe, Fi).
    T is logic and truth-seeking, disregarding emotion and morals (Te, Ti).

Pe is exploration (Ne, Se).
    Pi is introspection (Ni, Si).
    Ji is decisions made alone (Fi, Ti).
    Je is decisions made with others (Fe, Te).

J-dom is decisive.
    P-dom is indecisive.

Doesn't get much harder than that.
    Good summation. Only part I take issue with (for a summation) is Pi as introspection and Ji as making decisions alone. The Ti and Fi doms I know spend long periods mulling over . . . something . . . it isn't maybe quite the same as Ni or Si, whose introspection I can understand better, but I do think Ji does a lot of introspecting. INTPs are some of the most introspective types out there . . .

Perhaps you are defining introspection in a 'fuzzy' Pi way as opposed to a more rational and conscious Ji way?

Also curious about why you associate N and creativity; I tend to do that as well, although my empirical experience doesn't bear it out.
    Formerly Lion4!5
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Ni is basically a summation and combination of ideas function. Whatever input you pour into it, it will try to reduce it into one idea even if it actually isn't one idea. It's a synthesizer.
    Formerly Lion4!5
    Likes five sounds, LunaLuminosity liked this post

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Aaaand it has something to do with INFP?
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |
    Likes LunaLuminosity liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8

This may help. Introverted Intuition vs Extraverted Intuition (Ni vs Ne) - YouTube It's only a couple of minutes long. And here's another. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum....php?tubeid=89 @highlander has put together a collection of videos, aimed at explaining types, enneagrams, etc. Perhaps, this would be a good resource in helping you narrow it down
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes LonestarCowgirl, Fate liked this post