• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Reading People

Paris34

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Hmmm, very different from me, I guess it isn't apathy then... It's feigned apathy, I pretend to not notice them, because they know what they did hurt me and haven't apologised, they don't deserve my attention ;) Well, they don't deserve to perceive it XD Hmmm, see I know exactly what makes me jealous, and I can't seem to stop it, it's one of the rare things in my emotions that I can't suppress entirely, which is a shame, because I hate being jealous. But don't worry, I am trying to work on it as best as I can, I guess the main problem is that my jealousy is imagined... Weird isn't it, I never get jealous in real life, I get jealous by imagined futures, which is a thing I do, I consider future scenarios in certain contexts and some of them make me sincerely jealous, such a strange thing. Haha screw that man, saltine crackers and chairs are clearly the alike XD Yeah they're a funny thing, partly why I started to identify with existentialism, also because I see it to make a lot of sense.

Yeah I can tell now, I now say things with a shrug, in a higher more suggestive rather than critical pitch, seems to make all the difference in those circumstances. Haha you sounds exactly like someone I know by the way you dress, yeah nowadays (my ex was really into fashion) I dress a lot better, I wear nice button-up shirts, black jeans and black shoes out, with some squarish black glasses if I want to look like the geek I am, and bam, I go from a solid 1/10, to a fantastic 2 :) Bickering can be fun, I like bickering with someone that I can make subtle references to common interests with.

Yeah I find they fall into those 2 as well, although you come across as much more civil in your descriptions ;) I guess type 2 are the ones we have a problem with, hey are truly annoying, I try my best not to confront them now, it's never productive, and it isn't fun or thought provoking either. Those Christians are the worst; if they're going to condemn homosexuality by citing Leviticus, I better bloody well not catch them wearing mixed fabrics, or growing two crops in the same field XD Man those rules are stupid, even in the context they were supposed to be enforced in. Yeah if I had to live in the US Bible Belt, well, I would have dug myself a nice bunker, collected all the books I wanted to read had myself a nice time :) Sounds like an awesome friend :) And yeah, I learnt the hard way, but it's better than not learning I think XD

Yeah I obey some laws because I agree (ie, murder is bad XD), and I don't do drugs because I have no desire to, but it's mostly because of the fear of punishment, or hurting others. But censorship laws... Like not selling a certain game (referencing one called Hatred in particular) because it's "too violent" is just stupid. Haha I was so similar! I was the weird quiet kid in the corner, with one or two friends, that always read books and followed the rules, but at home, I told my mum that I can bloody well play with my Hotwheels after 8pm if I so please ;)

No, you don't sound crazy at all, in fact you sound like an Ni user. Thats half of what my INFJ's problems are caused by, and it takes a lot of talking to him and convincing that those things haven't actually happened yet, so try not to get too upset/worried by them. And I guess when I say root of jealousy, for me, I get jealous of my friends spending time with others because I part of me belives that they will find someone who is more capable of loving them...yeah, being told by parents that you're weird and a difficult as child can do strange things to you... Although frankly at the time i didn't give a damn, I was the one who avoided the other kids...xD

And I don't suppose, if you know of existentialism, do you know of Sartre or Nietzsche? We ended up discussing them in my French Film class this past semester xD

Haha, yeah, I guess my other standard is my hair pulled back in medium high pony-tail. And you sound pretty well dressed to me ;) Haha yeah bickering is fun, and apparently its entertaining to others present. My RA commented that my INFJ friend and I are like an old married couple arguing over who cleans the bathroom better... lol xD and the subtle references are the best.

Haha... yeah my thoughts exactly. Two songs that just hit home for me "Same Love" - Macklemore, it takes a lot not to tear up with that one and "Take me to Church" - Hozier, the video in particular makes my skin crawl. (both beautiful songs, though very political. I think Hozier stated that his song was in response to the things happening in Russia) I haven't had much personal experience with the fundamentalists christians, for me I've dealt with more people who want everything to be the 'norm'... unfortunately my mom was one of those, but she's come around after a few months, but still, a daughter who likes spending time alone, obsesses over MBTI theory, cosmology, and hates shopping isn't exactly the 'norm' either... and ... Yeah he is :) And I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way, and be around people like that. No one deserves to be lied to.

Yep sounds like me. I even follow things like traffic signs as a pedestrian, even if the traffic is very light, because "what if some-one comes speeding by" ... haha yeah I can be a bit overly cautious at times... but the censorship laws I don't know how they are in (is it Australia?), but over here in the US, oh my god *face palms* I don't understand it... I tend to just ignore it for the most part though... but laws against marriage equality. I do not understand. Their is no logical argument I can think of why the US still hasn't made it a national freedom. *sarcastically laughs* so much for separation of church and state... And haha xD yeah, at school recess well I guess I was a 'rebel.' I would cross the red line, onto the rough asphalt near the AC vent and pick rocks out of the ground xD haha, and did you get to keep playing with your hot wheels? ;)

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, you don't sound crazy at all, in fact you sound like an Ni user. Thats half of what my INFJ's problems are caused by, and it takes a lot of talking to him and convincing that those things haven't actually happened yet, so try not to get too upset/worried by them. And I guess when I say root of jealousy, for me, I get jealous of my friends spending time with others because I part of me belives that they will find someone who is more capable of loving them...yeah, being told by parents that you're weird and a difficult as child can do strange things to you... Although frankly at the time i didn't give a damn, I was the one who avoided the other kids...xD

And I don't suppose, if you know of existentialism, do you know of Sartre or Nietzsche? We ended up discussing them in my French Film class this past semester xD

Haha, yeah, I guess my other standard is my hair pulled back in medium high pony-tail. And you sound pretty well dressed to me ;) Haha yeah bickering is fun, and apparently its entertaining to others present. My RA commented that my INFJ friend and I are like an old married couple arguing over who cleans the bathroom better... lol xD and the subtle references are the best.

Haha... yeah my thoughts exactly. Two songs that just hit home for me "Same Love" - Macklemore, it takes a lot not to tear up with that one and "Take me to Church" - Hozier, the video in particular makes my skin crawl. (both beautiful songs, though very political. I think Hozier stated that his song was in response to the things happening in Russia) I haven't had much personal experience with the fundamentalists christians, for me I've dealt with more people who want everything to be the 'norm'... unfortunately my mom was one of those, but she's come around after a few months, but still, a daughter who likes spending time alone, obsesses over MBTI theory, cosmology, and hates shopping isn't exactly the 'norm' either... and ... Yeah he is :) And I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way, and be around people like that. No one deserves to be lied to.

Yep sounds like me. I even follow things like traffic signs as a pedestrian, even if the traffic is very light, because "what if some-one comes speeding by" ... haha yeah I can be a bit overly cautious at times... but the censorship laws I don't know how they are in (is it Australia?), but over here in the US, oh my god *face palms* I don't understand it... I tend to just ignore it for the most part though... but laws against marriage equality. I do not understand. Their is no logical argument I can think of why the US still hasn't made it a national freedom. *sarcastically laughs* so much for separation of church and state... And haha xD yeah, at school recess well I guess I was a 'rebel.' I would cross the red line, onto the rough asphalt near the AC vent and pick rocks out of the ground xD haha, and did you get to keep playing with your hot wheels? ;)

Oh really? I thought I was sinking into some weird crazy/psycho habit that would ruin my life XD But yeah it's really hard to ground myself once I've done it for too long, almost like a begin to slowly distance myself from reality in my mind, and coming back can actually take a while. Oh, yeah my root of jealousy is very similar, except it's more of a "they have better friends than me" thing, which I guess is very similar, and it can be hard sometimes :3 Haha the strange kids were the only people I felt comfortable with XD

And yes! I love Nietzsche, Sartre was a very harsh but respectable man, they're both definitely interesting XD And French Film class? Strange place to discuss Nietzsche and Sarte for sure ;)

Haha work that up do! And thanksye XD Haha that's hilarious! And yeah I love them references, some people think me and my INTP friend are going to kill each other when we bicker, but we just end up laughing at each other after a while ;)

Oh, both of those are good songs! I got pretty passionate about the Macklemore, showed it to my mum, who obviously disagreed, but I'm pretty passionate about the LGBTQIA+ for a straight guy, which usually gets me called a "queer" or people get weirded out... But whatever, bigots will be bigots. And Hozier is really good as a popular artist. And Russia? I'm not very informed about what's happening over there, but I have heard some really horrific shit... Yeah I got forced to hang around them, bad experiences, none of them want to hear arguments or criticisms in concern with their ideas, they can be very ignorant. But I'm glad your mum has come around recently! Haha you sound like me, my mum has to actually force me to go to parties sometimes, because I'd rather be researching different nebulas or psychological phenomena XD And yeah, it was shitty, but I guess I'm glad that I now have a.. Liar-dar ;)

Yeah, I tend to do the same, I also think that the reason they are there is to maintain order... But then I realise how I'm not even particularly fond of order, stopping there is a good idea, don't want to become an anarchist ;) Australia has the worst censorship laws in the Western World. It's actually terrible, we've had music, movies, games, art etc either banned or severely altered. Even something as innocuous as Adventure Time has things cut out of it! Laws against marriage equality, I consider to be, completely retarded. And yeah I used to grind rocks into powder and throw it at other kids... I was an evil one ;) Haha but that's so funny! And hell yeah I did! I used to split them into teams and pretend that each had guns and ammo... Stereotypical kid XD

Paris34

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Oh really? I thought I was sinking into some weird crazy/psycho habit that would ruin my life XD But yeah it's really hard to ground myself once I've done it for too long, almost like a begin to slowly distance myself from reality in my mind, and coming back can actually take a while. Oh, yeah my root of jealousy is very similar, except it's more of a "they have better friends than me" thing, which I guess is very similar, and it can be hard sometimes :3 Haha the strange kids were the only people I felt comfortable with XD

And yes! I love Nietzsche, Sartre was a very harsh but respectable man, they're both definitely interesting XD And French Film class? Strange place to discuss Nietzsche and Sarte for sure ;)

Haha work that up do! And thanksye XD Haha that's hilarious! And yeah I love them references, some people think me and my INTP friend are going to kill each other when we bicker, but we just end up laughing at each other after a while ;)

Oh, both of those are good songs! I got pretty passionate about the Macklemore, showed it to my mum, who obviously disagreed, but I'm pretty passionate about the LGBTQIA+ for a straight guy, which usually gets me called a "queer" or people get weirded out... But whatever, bigots will be bigots. And Hozier is really good as a popular artist. And Russia? I'm not very informed about what's happening over there, but I have heard some really horrific shit... Yeah I got forced to hang around them, bad experiences, none of them want to hear arguments or criticisms in concern with their ideas, they can be very ignorant. But I'm glad your mum has come around recently! Haha you sound like me, my mum has to actually force me to go to parties sometimes, because I'd rather be researching different nebulas or psychological phenomena XD And yeah, it was shitty, but I guess I'm glad that I now have a.. Liar-dar ;)

Yeah, I tend to do the same, I also think that the reason they are there is to maintain order... But then I realise how I'm not even particularly fond of order, stopping there is a good idea, don't want to become an anarchist ;) Australia has the worst censorship laws in the Western World. It's actually terrible, we've had music, movies, games, art etc either banned or severely altered. Even something as innocuous as Adventure Time has things cut out of it! Laws against marriage equality, I consider to be, completely retarded. And yeah I used to grind rocks into powder and throw it at other kids... I was an evil one ;) Haha but that's so funny! And hell yeah I did! I used to split them into teams and pretend that each had guns and ammo... Stereotypical kid XD

Haha, nah don't fret ;) But I totally get the weird separation from reality. Its not so much though living in the future as it is living in my head, because I am more present minded, but its sometimes like my body is just this thing to carry my mind around in ... lol, maybe we're all 'crazy' xD. Yeah, jealousy is tricky, I even have a hard time sometimes as a queer person I'm always wondering "now is this friendship jealousy or do I like them?" haha lol, yeah welcome to my confusing mind xD

Haha yeah it is we watched a movie called "Le Placard" and used the "we are the sum of our acts" quote and Sartre's philosophies on judging others to discus the film. It was a fun class :)

Haha, and your welcomes :) Haha that sounds fantastic xD

Preach it! :D We need more allies like you ;) Yeah, Russia is passing a lot of anti-gay laws and there is a lot of violence and hatred against the queer community over there. The version of Take me to Church that I find most moving though is the one by Kiesza. And now I know she changed the pronouns, but the first 40sec where she acts like she was corrected to say he, thats almost unbearable for me. All I can picture when that happens is someone who wants to be out but has to lie to for their safety... Haha, but nebulas are so much more interesting than a party, maybe a nebula party with 5 people at an observatory looking at the heavenly bodies... that sounds like a party to me ;)

Yeah I totally I agree, and haha no that wouldn't be good xD God that sounds awful, its sort of funny I think New Zealand is pretty lax on their laws, I visited there a few years ago and watched an uncensored R rated film on the general TV stations...xD granted it was 10PM, but still... coming from the US where the word *shit* is censored on TV... it was an entertaining breath of fresh air. And the rocks, I'd save them and I think I made one a memorial to our neighbors cat that disappeared when they moved into the countryside...(probably got eaten by coyotes)...yeah i was the weird kid obsessed with cats... I even had books on different cat species xD Haha sounds like you had fun ;)

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Omfg.. You just described someone I know perfectly, and I literally hate them. I know I shouldn't, and I'm not using the word hate in that more modernised and fluffy way, I hate it (yes it XD). I do have to vent sometimes, I tend to do it to myself though, in my head, which is maybe the difference, I only do it externally if I'm really, really pissed off. And yes, they are Ebola XD

And yeah I feel shameful about it too, lying to manipulate is one of the things I feel most guilty about... And honesty is a very good trait to have, just in general, unfortunately it isn't often awarded, and some people get so used to their plastic worlds that honesty is seemingly alien to them...

Yeahhh, don't worry we've all done regrettable things out of jealousy, jealousy in itself is probably the most difficult emotion for me to deal with, mainly because it's so rare and potent... But I can relate to many of those things :)

That's an interesting approach, I tend to front as an edifice of granite, unflinching in the face of any issue or problem coming my way, but letting someone else see how scratched and broken the edifice has come to be over time, how it has withered under torrents of emotion, it can be edifying to say the least! I too see the value in laying your cards out on the table to those you trust, because what's the point in a friendship if they're not friends with you, but instead some culturally and socially appropriate mask? Or one that has remained undamaged and unrelenting? Letting people in like that can be a truly liberating experience, and it's sad, but I hadn't done than before, until last year.

I'm also sorry if this got lengthy! I'm known for my rambling and tangential spiels XD (Wrote this very quickly, I try to keep up with my stream of consciousness when writing, so may be a fair few spelling and grammar mistakes)

Agree with the bolded, [MENTION=23832]Obsidius[/MENTION]. [1]

5w4 INTJ *approved*.

[1] Given you have the Nietzsche pic in your .sig, I may perhaps be forgiven for suggesting your screen name sounds like a Sith Lord...

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, nah don't fret ;) But I totally get the weird separation from reality. Its not so much though living in the future as it is living in my head, because I am more present minded, but its sometimes like my body is just this thing to carry my mind around in ... lol, maybe we're all 'crazy' xD. Yeah, jealousy is tricky, I even have a hard time sometimes as a queer person I'm always wondering "now is this friendship jealousy or do I like them?" haha lol, yeah welcome to my confusing mind xD

Haha yeah it is we watched a movie called "Le Placard" and used the "we are the sum of our acts" quote and Sartre's philosophies on judging others to discus the film. It was a fun class :)

Haha, and your welcomes :) Haha that sounds fantastic xD

Preach it! :D We need more allies like you ;) Yeah, Russia is passing a lot of anti-gay laws and there is a lot of violence and hatred against the queer community over there. The version of Take me to Church that I find most moving though is the one by Kiesza. And now I know she changed the pronouns, but the first 40sec where she acts like she was corrected to say he, thats almost unbearable for me. All I can picture when that happens is someone who wants to be out but has to lie to for their safety... Haha, but nebulas are so much more interesting than a party, maybe a nebula party with 5 people at an observatory looking at the heavenly bodies... that sounds like a party to me ;)

Yeah I totally I agree, and haha no that wouldn't be good xD God that sounds awful, its sort of funny I think New Zealand is pretty lax on their laws, I visited there a few years ago and watched an uncensored R rated film on the general TV stations...xD granted it was 10PM, but still... coming from the US where the word *shit* is censored on TV... it was an entertaining breath of fresh air. And the rocks, I'd save them and I think I made one a memorial to our neighbors cat that disappeared when they moved into the countryside...(probably got eaten by coyotes)...yeah i was the weird kid obsessed with cats... I even had books on different cat species xD Haha sounds like you had fun ;)

I wish I was present minded so badly! And well, your body is kind of something carries your mind around haha, but yeah we're probably crazy... Haha jealousy or liking? I could see how those could be confused... I often forget how convoluted emotions are... We're labelling something so random and arbitrary XD

That sounds like an amazing class! I would pay to sit through that and learn about it XD Always wanted to do some art-y stuff :)

Yes it was!

Haha yeah I'm openly for the whole LGBTQA+ community, gets me in trouble sometimes, but I love confrontation :) And really, oh yeahhh, I heard about how crazy Putin has gotten, and I'll be sure to look it up! Awh :( It sounds moving. Yeah I've often seen people who are obviously uncomfortable as a complete hetero, but don't want to say anything about it. Haha yes! Nebula party! Can even make nebula cake :)

Haha yeah, I've heard about that too, I love how uncensored some countries are XD Yeah in Australia many things are censored, especially swearing XD haha save the rocks XD And awh :( Poor cat :( I was obsessed with dogs when I was young, still am XD And that's awesome :) I sure did ;)

Paris34

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I wish I was present minded so badly! And well, your body is kind of something carries your mind around haha, but yeah we're probably crazy... Haha jealousy or liking? I could see how those could be confused... I often forget how convoluted emotions are... We're labelling something so random and arbitrary XD

That sounds like an amazing class! I would pay to sit through that and learn about it XD Always wanted to do some art-y stuff :)

Yes it was!

Haha yeah I'm openly for the whole LGBTQA+ community, gets me in trouble sometimes, but I love confrontation :) And really, oh yeahhh, I heard about how crazy Putin has gotten, and I'll be sure to look it up! Awh :( It sounds moving. Yeah I've often seen people who are obviously uncomfortable as a complete hetero, but don't want to say anything about it. Haha yes! Nebula party! Can even make nebula cake :)

Haha yeah, I've heard about that too, I love how uncensored some countries are XD Yeah in Australia many things are censored, especially swearing XD haha save the rocks XD And awh :( Poor cat :( I was obsessed with dogs when I was young, still am XD And that's awesome :) I sure did ;)

Yeah it can be nice at times, but other times I wish I could tune out my surroundings more easily...There's pluses and minuses to both :) Haha, yeah I guess it is... I think thats a pretty enneagram 5 thing to think though xD Yes! Emotions are so convoluted and nuanced I don't know how anyone makes any sense of them... it takes me so long to figure out why I'm really feeling a certain way, but tend to push through because I want to know... ha, I tend to think of my feelings as a puzzle xD

Yeah, and the professor is amazing, he's this little middle aged French man who loves poking fun at everyone and he tells the most random stories in class xD

Glad to hear we've got good allies :) and Yes! Nebula cake at the nebula party .... ooh it could have either maybe the sugary network things that are on those fancy desserts to look like nebula...or could have cotton candy on top...

haha yeah, it was pretty great... but wow that's really intense .... save the rocks! unfortunately the box they were in got thrown away.. they kind of looked like dirt at first glance xD Dogs are cool too, I love golden retrievers and Australian shepherds, they're both so adorable. And the shepherds are really smart too.