User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 23

  1. #1
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default Favourite Comedians for NT's?

    I tend to find that NT's enjoy a very similar sense of humour, well at least all the ones I know do.

    What are some of your favourite comedians? Or if you don't know many, comedy channels on YouTube or elsewhere?

    Mine would be; Bill Hicks, George Carlin and Louis CK

    YouTube Channels: Redlettermedia, FilthyFrank, and DrunkenPeasants (not really comedy but it makes me laugh).
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  2. #2
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    I love Jim Gaffigan. I identify with both his laziness and his weakness for food.

    I also really like Brian Regan. Occasionally he's too over-the-top, but most of the time his observations on the absurdity of life are hilarious. Like saying "You, too" when it's not even slightly applicable. I do that all the time, because I'm always so wrapped up in my thoughts that I don't pay attention to what people are saying. I actually did it the other day. A cashier said, "Thanks for shopping with us!" and I said, "You, too!" Moron.

    Louis C.K. is great, too. I really liked his guest appearances on Parks and Recreation.
    Likes Obsidius liked this post

  3. #3
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    I tend to find that NT's enjoy a very similar sense of humour, well at least all the ones I know do.

    What are some of your favourite comedians? Or if you don't know many, comedy channels on YouTube or elsewhere?

    Mine would be; Bill Hicks, George Carlin and Louis CK

    YouTube Channels: Redlettermedia, FilthyFrank, and DrunkenPeasants (not really comedy but it makes me laugh).
    I'd say those three with the added addition of some new people who's names i forget because I'm too busy thinking about work and practice, and exercise - lol...but yeah to be quite honest I love those three from the old school.

    But chea...
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes Obsidius liked this post

  4. #4
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I'd say those three with the added addition of some new people who's names i forget because I'm too busy thinking about work and practice, and exercise - lol...but yeah to be quite honest I love those three from the old school.

    But chea...
    Yeah, you can't go wrong with them dude! CK's "Chewed Up" is amazing!
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  5. #5
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I love Jim Gaffigan. I identify with both his laziness and his weakness for food.

    I also really like Brian Regan. Occasionally he's too over-the-top, but most of the time his observations on the absurdity of life are hilarious. Like saying "You, too" when it's not even slightly applicable. I do that all the time, because I'm always so wrapped up in my thoughts that I don't pay attention to what people are saying. I actually did it the other day. A cashier said, "Thanks for shopping with us!" and I said, "You, too!" Moron.

    Louis C.K. is great, too. I really liked his guest appearances on Parks and Recreation.
    You should check out Louis CK's sitcom Louie! It's magnificent, especially based upon what you've said, I think you'd relate to a lot of it XD Can be brilliantly philosophical at times too But I'll have to check the ones that you've suggested out!
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

  6. #6
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default


    Here's one of my favorite Brian Regan bits.
    Likes Obsidius liked this post

  7. #7

    Default

    I don't know how "NT" the appeal of any of these are, but they're my favorite standups:

    Bill Cosby
    Eddie Murphy
    Robert Schimmel
    Louis CK
    Mitch Hedberg
    Jim Gaffigan
    Amy Schumer
    Ron White
    Lewis Black

    Lots of NTs like George Carlin and Bill Hicks, but I intensely dislike the former and am fairly indifferent to the latter.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

  8. #8
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I don't know how "NT" the appeal of any of these are, but they're my favorite standups:

    Bill Cosby
    Eddie Murphy
    Robert Schimmel
    Louis CK
    Mitch Hedberg
    Jim Gaffigan
    Amy Schumer
    Ron White
    Lewis Black

    Lots of NTs like George Carlin and Bill Hicks, but I intensely dislike the former and am fairly indifferent to the latter.
    Those are definitely strange picks when referenced to other NT's I know! (Which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned) But really? Dislike George Carlin? I think some people dislike him because of how vulgar he can be, which is why I like him XD
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

  9. #9
    Chumped. Obsidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post

    Here's one of my favorite Brian Regan bits.

    Haha just got the chance to watch the full thing, was hilarious! I'll be watching more of it Even though I typically prefer comedy that makes social commentary, situational comedy is often very funny
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Those are definitely strange picks when referenced to other NT's I know! (Which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned) But really? Dislike George Carlin? I think some people dislike him because of how vulgar he can be, which is why I like him XD
    I don't dislike him because he's vulgar. Many of the comedians on my list are vulgar. I dislike him because he seems less of a comedian than a bitter, ranting misanthrope. He's so disgusted with people that he often forgets to be funny.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. Favourite Comedian
    By ed111 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 09:24 PM
  2. Favourite Sports for the Types?
    By nolla in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 03:39 PM
  3. [NT] Question for NTs...
    By The Ü™ in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 07:56 PM
  4. Plot for NT World Domination
    By MerkW in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 02:13 AM
  5. Help Stop the Plot For NT World Domination
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 02:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO