First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Everywhere I go, every profile I read, it is said that INTJ's don't like affection, and that we have a bubble of "personal space"... If this is true for every INTJ but me, maybe I'm not one... I love affection, it dominates my Love Languages test scores every time, seconded by Words of Affirmation. Do any other NT's feel like they are unfairly stereotyped as being robotic and cold in terms of physical affection? Because I sure do...
    All of my INTJ exes and former love interests are probably the most affectionate (and devoted) touchy-feely romantics that I've ever met. The heart-of-stone-INTJ is an unfortunate stereotype and I don't agree with it. You guys are the best!
    joharinohari
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by velveteen View Post
    All of my INTJ exes and former love interests are probably the most affectionate (and devoted) touchy-feely romantics that I've ever met. The heart-of-stone-INTJ is an unfortunate stereotype and I don't agree with it. You guys are the best!
    That's very interesting! The fact that you've had experience with INTJ's like that, and yeah I think there's some link to be made between INTJ's and loyalty, I don't know how that fits into the MBTI though... Anywho thanks! My ex is an INFJ, and she was one of the most caring people I've ever met, most INFJ's give of that vibe, so right back at you
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Everywhere I go, every profile I read, it is said that INTJ's don't like affection, and that we have a bubble of "personal space"... If this is true for every INTJ but me, maybe I'm not one... I love affection, it dominates my Love Languages test scores every time, seconded by Words of Affirmation. Do any other NT's feel like they are unfairly stereotyped as being robotic and cold in terms of physical affection? Because I sure do...

Affection isn't necessarily "Physical Touch". If you cuddle with your partner your appealing to her "quality time" love language since its uninterrupted time. So if an INTJ's love language is "quality time" she will enjoy cuddling which would be mutually beneficial to you if you enjoy physical touch. If the INTJ's love language is neither quality time or physical touch than she will appear not to like affection.

My ex fiance was an INTJ, and she made it mandatory that we cuddled everyday. Her love language was mostly quality time, than acts of service.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ None

Personally I love hugs, I find that sort of thing more intimate than sex sometimes (not to be graphic or anything). I don't really feel as if I know someone until they let me hug them.

Of course, I think I have been taught to express affection in a healthy manner. My mother is an ISFJ and was all about hugs, kisses, physical affection (sometimes for no reason whatsoever, just because she wanted my brother and I to know how much she loved us). I found that it felt really good to be appreciated like this as a child and if I ever had a child I would make sure that child knew how much I cared through physical and verbal affection.

I also had a friend like this in high school, an ENFP. She always hugged friends when she greeted them or said goodbye. I found the action baffling, but it made me realize how stiff and disconnected I was from everyone. It made me want to aspire to be more affectionate.

I also make sure I show this in my romantic relationships as well. Sometimes I miss a text or forget to call, but when I do I will apologize and let your know how much I appreciate you.

Unhealthy INTJs need to learn this and likely never have.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Felix5 View Post
    also make sure I show this in my romantic relationships as well. Sometimes I miss a text or forget to call, but when I do I will apologize and let your know how much I appreciate you.
    I agree with this. It is important to make the effort to maintain relationships, and to apologize when we fall short or miss something important. As for hugs, though, no thanks. Unless you are my SO or my mother, keep your distance.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ None

I agree with this. It is important to make the effort to maintain relationships, and to apologize when we fall short or miss something important. As for hugs, though, no thanks. Unless you are my SO or my mother, keep your distance.
    I certainly don't want hugs from strangers, but I definitely expect them from my best friends.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

We are a very cuddly family and the NTs among us have been no exeption. I never noted my INTJ sister to be particularly un-affectionate though some family members are a bit cuddlier.

Nor do I have complaints about my SO in that regard though obvsly my standards are not everyone else's standards. He actually seems to be even more into "cuddling under a blanked while falling asleep" than I am in the sense that he'd like to do it slightly more often than we presently do but I absolutely enjoy it as well.

Although I do suppose I wouldn't necessarily know when the appropiate time to hug a friend in conversation is nor would I probably be thinking of that when I'm reacting to whatever the conversation topic is, but, hugs are welcome?

In the end many of those descriptions are misunderstandings, oversimplifications or in the case of many tumblr posts comically exagerated.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ None

In the end many of those descriptions are misunderstandings, oversimplifications or in the case of many tumblr posts comically exagerated.
    I'm kind of tired of this sort of thing, it gives NTs a bad name. Especially INTJs.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I have an INTJ husband. He generally thinks of himself as not super affectionate. However, in our relationship he is the one who definitely needs and craves more affection and attention. He's the touchy feely one, lol.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by dark unicorn View Post
    I have an INTJ husband. He generally thinks of himself as not super affectionate. However, in our relationship he is the one who definitely needs and craves more affection and attention. He's the touchy feely one, lol.
    FWIW my INTP is much more interested in physical affection than I am. I think it's his first love language, while quality time is mine. We also do alot of cuddling.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...