123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Typical NT music?

What music genres are the most popular among NT's? If you have no idea, what are your favourite music genres if you are an NT?

Mine are; Prog/Black/Death/Sludge/Groove/Alt Metal, Indie rock, Underground rap (as long as it is somewhat intellectual), Grunge, Punk, Comedy, Classical, Rock and some others that I can't think of right now.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I like a little bit of everything. Classic British rock (The Beatles, Queen, The Stones, Led Zeppelin), indie rock, '90s punk, '80s New Wave (Oingo Boingo is my jam), classical, trip-hop, swing/big band, Irish traditional, Jewish-white-boy-rap (aka Beastie Boys), some electronica, mo-town... Probably more genres, I'm just forgetting at the moment.

My mp3 player looks like it belongs to someone with multiple personality disorder.
    Likes Obsidius liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Jack White, White Stripes
    Elliot Smith
    Anything from the Grunge Era
    New Age ish
    Oriental Ish
    Folk
    Grass roots ish...liek shaman music and the Red Buddha...
    All classic rock and music and shit like that...

Blues...shit that hits the soul hard...know what I mean G?

Like even rap music with soul and shit.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I don't necessarily like Mongolian throat singing... but it kind of fascinates me. I mean, how the crap can they do that with their voices?
    Likes Obsidius, grey_beard liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I don't necessarily like Mongolian throat singing... but it kind of fascinates me. I mean, how the crap can they do that with their voices?
    I think I can change your mind with this video....do you not see the magnificence of this throat power? Look at them emerge from the horizon like western cowboy heroes.

And the spruce on the table! My goodness...look at that spruce...it's filled with good luck and a blessing for fertility - copious amounts of food stuff.
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Like BadOctopus, a little bit o' everything. I have a pandora station with everything from Paul Simon to Melissa Etheridge to Hans Zimmer to...I can't even remember them all. The only thing that I consistently don't like is stuff that's meant to be blasted; hard rock, metal, and probably some of the stuff in the OP. Sorry, Obsidius.

The one exception is Bear McCreary's rendition of All Along the Watchtower, which I can listen to over and over again!

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    For a long time, I thought that that distinctive high pitched Indian music was made by an instrument rather than someone's voice. Then I saw an Indian woman singing it on film and was like !!!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I like mostly classical, some new age and folk, some show tunes, occasional rock but not much, and a handful of random oddball stuff (sorry for the poor video quality; the better version is no longer on youtube):

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

(post removed)

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I like mostly classical, some new age and folk, some show tunes, occasional rock but not much, and a handful of random oddball stuff (sorry for the poor video quality; the better version is no longer on youtube):

I broadcast this music video over snap chat when I'm bored.... it's not on youtube anymore?
    it was open
    -the end"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I dont really care for genres(altho i had phases in my youth where i did follow different genres), i would say that there is good music in every genre.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes laterlazer liked this post