User Tag List

First 123

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Ahh, okay, I see what you mean, I can understand but I can't relate... I'm into very mellow/dark music, but Pop Rock and Punk does have a place in my playlists, somewhere XD I can understand the Aesop Rock song not quite appealing very much, it's very melancholic, and as you've described, you like more upbeat music, which is cool, feel good music is fun
    Don't get me wrong, I do listen to some mellow/dark music, trip-hop being a genre that is typically quite mellow. But if a song is slow or mellow it has to be absolutely beautiful to me otherwise I won't waste my time. I generally hate slow music as a rule unless it's structured and sung to perfection imo. I think my love for feel good music is definitely related to escapism cos I do the same with tv shows/movies too, even though I value all genres of film/tv I generally favour the feel-good ones and can be quite biased to them lowering my standards where with other genres my standards would be much higher.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I do listen to some mellow/dark music, trip-hop being a genre that is typically quite mellow. But if a song is slow or mellow it has to be absolutely beautiful to me otherwise I won't waste my time. I generally hate slow music as a rule unless it's structured and sung to perfection imo. I think my love for feel good music is definitely related to escapism cos I do the same with tv shows/movies too, even though I value all genres of film/tv I generally favour the feel-good ones and can be quite biased to them lowering my standards where with other genres my standards would be much higher.
    Yeah I like some good trip-hop! But yeah I think it's where we differ... I think that the messy and imperfect nature of some mellow indie/metal music gives it a unique character. I really don't like clean-cut-and-dry vocals, or songs that sound extremely neat, there's charm in the mistakes and extra "fluff" in some music imo But yeah, I'm biased towards a lot of metal music, I know the feel XD But yeah, feel good stuff is a good break from how harsh reality can be, nothing like listening to some Neutral Milk Hotel (their happier stuff) when I'm feeling down
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
    Likes laterlazer liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I broadcast this music video over snap chat when I'm bored.... it's not on youtube anymore?
    This video is, obviously. There was a better one without the lead-in montage, begins at the around the 0:50 mark on this video and remains in the performance hall - no outside footage mixed in. Sound is about the same but the picture is much better. Alas, I haven't seen it up for a few months now.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

We're all wired to like Rush, right?

I enjoy all kinds, although the breadth is a gradual result of age and exposure. At work, I listen to ambient/soundscape almost exclusively. In the car, I flip between two classic/hard rock stations because, well, Zeppelin.

MBTI
    xNTJ

I'm into ambient, downtempo, IDM (I prefer to call it "braindance"), soul and technical jazz, experimental, and sometimes folk music. Not really a fan of vocalists, so I stick up with pure instrumentals.
    Likes Obsidius liked this post