User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Post What types are attracted to the INTJ? Romantically speaking.

Male or female, which types seem to be the most attracted to the INTJ romantically? I'm talking a modest INTJ, not a full-social-retard/narcissist/elitist like some of us are. But do any of you remember feeling attracted to an INTJ at all? If so why? Also, if not, why?

Rogue heart

As a straight girl I'd totally go for my intj female friend if I weren't straight haha (as to why I'd do it:

Other than that I rarely come across them IRL for some reason.
    Likes Passacaglia liked this post

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

I also only personally know INTJ females who are my friends. I don't know if I'd be attracted to them though tbh, they're really great as friends but I'm not sure about romantic relationships. None of the people I've been attracted to have been INTJs either. Tbh like Daenera said I don't come across them that often.

As for the reason why not, Idk, I think I'm more attracted to people who have something new to offer me in terms of how they see life and whatnot, for example I'm quite attracted to people who are comfortable with expressing their emotions where I'm not, so that would be some feelers, and occasionally to sensors who are so active and practical because they intrigue me. I've never been in a relationship before though so the things I'm attracted to may not be good for a relationship.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

In theory, ENFPs are supposed to be attracted to us, and some are. I suspect tin reality, though, it is individuals who are attracted to us, not types.* There is much about us that is not attractive to the average person. It takes someone who is willing to look beyond that to see our positive qualities. That suggests a non-average person, and these can be found within any type.

*May very well be true for all types
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    As for the reason why not, Idk, I think I'm more attracted to people who have something new to offer me in terms of how they see life and whatnot, for example I'm quite attracted to people who are comfortable with expressing their emotions where I'm not, so that would be some feelers, and occasionally to sensors who are so active and practical because they intrigue me. I've never been in a relationship before though so the things I'm attracted to may not be good for a relationship.
    Yeah, I understand what you mean. But that might make me strange, because I'm an INTJ who loves talking about emotions/feelings. But that's because I take an different approach to some of INTJ buddies, if I am friends/care about someone, especially in a relationship, I need to know how they're feeling and why they're feeling that way in order to make decisions etc. And I express how I feel very well, seeing as I'm primarily a writer, I guess I get a lot of practice at it. But yeah, I've heard many times that INTJ's are good as close friends or in close relationships, but not so good in terms of our attraction to others, takes a lot for us to break the ice.
    Likes laterlazer liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    In theory, ENFPs are supposed to be attracted to us, and some are. I suspect tin reality, though, it is individuals who are attracted to us, not types.* There is much about us that is not attractive to the average person. It takes someone who is willing to look beyond that to see our positive qualities. That suggests a non-average person, and these can be found within any type.

*May very well be true for all types

That is a good point, but I guess I'm asking about the theoretical typology synergy rather than a practical one-on-one scenario. Yeah I have heard that ENFP's and ISFP's are supposed to be attracted to us, I for one find ISFP women to be gorgeous in terms of their character, but in terms of a relationship? I don't know.

MBTI
    enfp

I can vouche as one data point for enfps.
    The idealists find the sense of purpose, deep thought and passion highly intruiging. Intjs are also amazingly complementary for the enfp what-if questions they love to ask.
    An intelligent enfp can speak the same language as an intj while bringing life to those well thought intj ideas.
    Essentially, once we're hooked, we absorb your thoughts and ideas, take up your crusades, and can help make them a reality. Think of us like a Riker to your Picard.

ENFP is your mirage, ESFP is your dual. Go for the dual. If you're not picky, the mirage can work.
    Likes DarkestSunlight, Entropic liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    ENFP is your mirage, ESFP is your dual. Go for the dual. If you're not picky, the mirage can work.
    Lol! I read this as....intj doesn't like to clean his room so he needs an esfj to back up the logistics. With an enfp it's all fun and games till the oven burns the house down.

Just my quirky interpretation.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes DarkestSunlight liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    Lol! I read this as....intj doesn't like to clean his room so he needs an esfj to back up the logistics. With an enfp it's all fun and games till the oven burns the house down.

Just my quirky interpretation.
    MBTI INTJ and ESFP are duals, INTJ and ESFJ are conflictors.

In Socionics, the INTJ becomes INTp and INTP becomes INTj so you'd actually be referring to INTP-ESFJ duality. Socionics INTj and ESFp are also conflictors (that is, MBTI INTP and ESFP).

J/P dichotomy is switched for the Introverts in Socionics.
    You're getting all this because Duality is actually a concept from Soc and not MBTI.