• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are attracted to the INTJ? Romantically speaking.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Male or female, which types seem to be the most attracted to the INTJ romantically? I'm talking a modest INTJ, not a full-social-retard/narcissist/elitist like some of us are. But do any of you remember feeling attracted to an INTJ at all? If so why? Also, if not, why?

Daenera

Rogue heart
As a straight girl I'd totally go for my intj female friend if I weren't straight haha (as to why I'd do it:

Other than that I rarely come across them IRL for some reason.:unsure:

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I also only personally know INTJ females who are my friends. I don't know if I'd be attracted to them though tbh, they're really great as friends but I'm not sure about romantic relationships. None of the people I've been attracted to have been INTJs either. Tbh like Daenera said I don't come across them that often.

As for the reason why not, Idk, I think I'm more attracted to people who have something new to offer me in terms of how they see life and whatnot, for example I'm quite attracted to people who are comfortable with expressing their emotions where I'm not, so that would be some feelers, and occasionally to sensors who are so active and practical because they intrigue me. I've never been in a relationship before though so the things I'm attracted to may not be good for a relationship.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In theory, ENFPs are supposed to be attracted to us, and some are. I suspect tin reality, though, it is individuals who are attracted to us, not types.* There is much about us that is not attractive to the average person. It takes someone who is willing to look beyond that to see our positive qualities. That suggests a non-average person, and these can be found within any type.

*May very well be true for all types

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As for the reason why not, Idk, I think I'm more attracted to people who have something new to offer me in terms of how they see life and whatnot, for example I'm quite attracted to people who are comfortable with expressing their emotions where I'm not, so that would be some feelers, and occasionally to sensors who are so active and practical because they intrigue me. I've never been in a relationship before though so the things I'm attracted to may not be good for a relationship.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. But that might make me strange, because I'm an INTJ who loves talking about emotions/feelings. But that's because I take an different approach to some of INTJ buddies, if I am friends/care about someone, especially in a relationship, I need to know how they're feeling and why they're feeling that way in order to make decisions etc. And I express how I feel very well, seeing as I'm primarily a writer, I guess I get a lot of practice at it. But yeah, I've heard many times that INTJ's are good as close friends or in close relationships, but not so good in terms of our attraction to others, takes a lot for us to break the ice.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In theory, ENFPs are supposed to be attracted to us, and some are. I suspect tin reality, though, it is individuals who are attracted to us, not types.* There is much about us that is not attractive to the average person. It takes someone who is willing to look beyond that to see our positive qualities. That suggests a non-average person, and these can be found within any type.

*May very well be true for all types

That is a good point, but I guess I'm asking about the theoretical typology synergy rather than a practical one-on-one scenario. Yeah I have heard that ENFP's and ISFP's are supposed to be attracted to us, I for one find ISFP women to be gorgeous in terms of their character, but in terms of a relationship? I don't know.

ironlily

MBTI Type
enfp
I can vouche as one data point for enfps.
The idealists find the sense of purpose, deep thought and passion highly intruiging. Intjs are also amazingly complementary for the enfp what-if questions they love to ask.
An intelligent enfp can speak the same language as an intj while bringing life to those well thought intj ideas.
Essentially, once we're hooked, we absorb your thoughts and ideas, take up your crusades, and can help make them a reality. Think of us like a Riker to your Picard.

Cygnus

ENFP is your mirage, ESFP is your dual. Go for the dual. If you're not picky, the mirage can work.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENFP is your mirage, ESFP is your dual. Go for the dual. If you're not picky, the mirage can work.

Lol! I read this as....intj doesn't like to clean his room so he needs an esfj to back up the logistics. With an enfp it's all fun and games till the oven burns the house down.

Just my quirky interpretation.

Cygnus

Lol! I read this as....intj doesn't like to clean his room so he needs an esfj to back up the logistics. With an enfp it's all fun and games till the oven burns the house down.

Just my quirky interpretation.
MBTI INTJ and ESFP are duals, INTJ and ESFJ are conflictors.

In Socionics, the INTJ becomes INTp and INTP becomes INTj so you'd actually be referring to INTP-ESFJ duality. Socionics INTj and ESFp are also conflictors (that is, MBTI INTP and ESFP).

J/P dichotomy is switched for the Introverts in Socionics.
You're getting all this because Duality is actually a concept from Soc and not MBTI.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't speak for others of my type (INFJ), but my best relationships have been with xNTJ types. There are other men of other types who are also appealing, but as far as attraction and most fulfilling relationships go, it's all on the xNTJ's so far in my life.

In the end, though.. type doesn't matter. There are plenty of unappealing folks of every type. Factor in the type to better understand the person you're attracted to, but don't use mbti as a measure or standard for a partner.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can vouche as one data point for enfps.
The idealists find the sense of purpose, deep thought and passion highly intruiging. Intjs are also amazingly complementary for the enfp what-if questions they love to ask.
An intelligent enfp can speak the same language as an intj while bringing life to those well thought intj ideas.
Essentially, once we're hooked, we absorb your thoughts and ideas, take up your crusades, and can help make them a reality. Think of us like a Riker to your Picard.

Yeah, I find ENFP to be a really attractive type in a girl actually, I find the types compliment each other well, just like you've said.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't speak for others of my type (INFJ), but my best relationships have been with xNTJ types. There are other men of other types who are also appealing, but as far as attraction and most fulfilling relationships go, it's all on the xNTJ's so far in my life.

In the end, though.. type doesn't matter. There are plenty of unappealing folks of every type. Factor in the type to better understand the person you're attracted to, but don't use mbti as a measure or standard for a partner.

INFJ's are very appealing, my most meaningful relationship was with one, I love how abstract and imaginative they tend to be.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

You said our love was forever :cry:

I guess you're not coming back to see the kids anytime soon then?:dry:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Male or female, which types seem to be the most attracted to the INTJ romantically? I'm talking a modest INTJ, not a full-social-retard/narcissist/elitist like some of us are. But do any of you remember feeling attracted to an INTJ at all? If so why? Also, if not, why?

Those who simply don't know any better. :doh:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I believe the following are more likely - ENFP, INFP, INFJ, ISFJ, and ISFPs.

ESFJ and ENFJ seem like possibilities but I see challenges with that working out in the long run

Least likely seem like ESTJ, ENTJ, ISTJ, ESFP, ISTP, INTJ, ESTP

INTP and ENTP - I just don't know

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You said our love was forever :cry:

I guess you're not coming back to see the kids anytime soon then?:dry:

I gave you a pack of cinnamon gum 4 years ago.. that was for the kids!
You ate it all, didn't you.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My best friend is an INTJ. We have terrible/terribly awesome conversations and arguments. He goes for NFP type chicks though.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP-INTJ is maybe the most common MBTI romantic pairing i see. as an INFP i'm kinda jealous because my type doesn't really have that overall electric match

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP-INTJ is maybe the most common MBTI romantic pairing i see. as an INFP i'm kinda jealous because my type doesn't really have that overall electric match

You only need ONE person who is specially made for you though. Not a whole type. :)