• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are attracted to the INTJ? Romantically speaking.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=13440]Eluded_One[/MENTION] I am also interested to know which type you referred to as the INTJ's robotic counterpart. (Mostly because I've been called robotic quite a few times myself.)
Maybe it's your Tom Servo. :D

Daenera

Rogue heart
If I'm not wrong [MENTION=13440]Eluded_One[/MENTION] is referring to intj males, to whom society puts less pressure to conform to social graces.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I'm not wrong [MENTION=13440]Eluded_One[/MENTION] is referring to intj males, to whom society puts less pressure to conform to social graces.

I couldn't have said it any better

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has your experience confirmed this?

My experience is showing that people tend to go for the type with all letters switched.

In my experience, the INTJ-ENFP attraction mostly applies to Male INTJ's and Female ENFPs because of cultural gender archetypes, not necessarily because of actual functional compatibility.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
In my experience, the INTJ-ENFP attraction mostly applies to Male INTJ's and Female ENFPs because of cultural gender archetypes, not necessarily because of actual functional compatibility.

Functionally, the compatibility isn't that bad but is not ideal either.

There seemed to be the idea going around in MBTI that an intuitive fits best with another intuitive. This is false. It may stem from the idea that an intelligent person fits best with another intelligent person. This is a simplified idea that may or may not be true.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJs as a type tend to be quite resistant to social pressures.

This is partly simple statistics: there are more male than female INTJs, and more female than male ENFPs.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

My experience is showing that people tend to go for the type with all letters switched.

Absolutely yes.

An overwhelming majority of the girls that have ever shown interest in me are ExxP types.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is partly simple statistics: there are more male than female INTJs, and more female than male ENFPs.

Hmm, this is quite possibly why it appears gender related. But in my experience ENFP males aren't overwhelmingly attracted to INTJ females, which is by no means a comprehensive survey. I can't say much for INTJ females. I believe I've met a couple, but I didn't get to know them well enough to be able to get a sense of it.

Personally, I have no strong feelings about INTJs, but like I said, I haven't had much to inform my experience and I try not to really pay too much attention to type in these regards.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, this is quite possibly why it appears gender related. But in my experience ENFP males aren't overwhelmingly attracted to INTJ females, which is by no means a comprehensive survey. I can't say much for INTJ females. I believe I've met a couple, but I didn't get to know them well enough to be able to get a sense of it.

Personally, I have no strong feelings about INTJs, but like I said, I haven't had much to inform my experience and I try not to really pay too much attention to type in these regards.
I have found, and also read, that what often appear to be gender differences are really T/F differences. Because more women are F, we associate F-like behaviors with women, when they are more correctly associated with F types. Same for T. Women T's thus seem not like other women, when they really are just not like Fs, because they aren't Fs. Same for F men. I'm not discounting the influence of social pressures, just pointing out other factors involved.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Absolutely yes.

An overwhelming majority of the girls that have ever shown interest in me are ExxP types.

I was referring in particular to the "especially ENxPs" bit. Have these girls tended to be Ne dominant? Because it makes more sense to me for them to be Se dominant.

I'm ISTJ, and the majority of girls to show interest in me have been ENFP.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I find that it's every letter switched apart from the second one... That tends to make for the best pairings, but I could be wrong.

~ReggieRebel~

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w0
Instinctual Variant
sx
All the guys who have been attracted to me have been F types: ENFP, ISFP, ESFJ. They all think they can bring out my touchy-feely side.

They're all, "Ha-ha, I will draw out your inner child!"

And I'm all, "Ha-ha, no you won't, because I don't have one!"

I'll see you and raise you one.

MY inner child has colic. :D

MY inner child was never childish :p since when does inner child have to mean all touchy feely anyway hahaaa
come to think of it....my inner child isnt really all that inner.....its just underappriciated by the unenlightened...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I have found, and also read, that what often appear to be gender differences are really T/F differences.

But why are more women F types, and more men T types? Sex differences in personality. If there is a massive conspiracy to make women and men behave a certain way, I would like to be aware of it ;)

Because more women are F, we associate F-like behaviors with women, when they are more correctly associated with F types. Same for T. Women T's thus seem not like other women, when they really are just not like Fs, because they aren't Fs. Same for F men. I'm not discounting the influence of social pressures, just pointing out other factors involved.

:irked:

What will it take for people here to understand that the exception does not make the rule?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Where are you guys getting this robotic stuff from? They are just so wonderfully INDULGENT--all TJs seem like this to me. When they care, they care and there ain't no going back.

Attracted to an INTJ? Oh yeah...yeah...very much so. In lust with one once. It was like having some horrible disease. We both hated it. I really liked him a lot but he had been burned bad by some ESFP so...
I had a girlfriend that is INTJ and I was super-crazy about her. She was soooo freakin' good to me. We still keep in touch.
I was meeting an INTJ for coffee for a while that I was super attracted to but then this INFP smiled at me and one thing led to another and now I'm done with INTJs. :wubbie:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJs as a type tend to be quite resistant to social pressures.

Then they realize that resistance is futile. Then they try to resist again, get a headache and realize that resistance is futile. Then they try to resist, get a headache and.. I dont think its so much of being resistant to social pressures, than it is to not want to give in for social pressure, especially if its something that goes against their routines/ways of doing things or other stuff they value, like self profits.

Ps. in order to control an INTJ in social setting you need to make him realize that he gains more by going with the flow than resisting or that resisting only causes harm to self and others(that reflects back to them).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Where are you guys getting this robotic stuff from? They are just so wonderfully INDULGENT--all TJs seem like this to me. When they care, they care and there ain't no going back.

It's so nice to read this. My ENFJ often says this as well as - you're so good to me/you spoil me and I think...do I really? But I'm more likely to believe it when I hear others described TJ the same way.