• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What types are attracted to the INTJ? Romantically speaking.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You only need ONE person who is specially made for you though. Not a whole type. :)

ha yes i am aware, can't help but notice the trends though... INFPs really don't seem to be the most raved about, sought after personalities

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmph. my bestie is an infp. :smile:

I think they are awesome!

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All the guys who have been attracted to me have been F types: ENFP, ISFP, ESFJ. They all think they can bring out my touchy-feely side.

They're all, "Ha-ha, I will draw out your inner child!"

And I'm all, "Ha-ha, no you won't, because I don't have one!"

Alea_iacta_est

Assumption: INTJ ~ ILI [:Ni: = Ni]

Intertype-Relations that have a higher percentage of spawning romantic attraction due to Super-Id stimulation:

Duality (SEE ~ ESFP)
Activity (ESI ~ ISFP)
Semi-Duality (SLE ~ ESTP)
Benefactor* (LSI ~ ISTP)
Mirage (IEE ~ ENFP)
Mirror (LIE ~ ENTJ)

Intertype-Relations that a lower chance of spawning romantic attraction due to Super-Id under-stimulation:

Beneficiary (EII ~ INFP)
Quasi-Identical (LII ~ INTP)
Super-Ego (SEI ~ ISFJ)
Conflicting Duality** (ESE ~ ESFJ)

*Although a sociotype often finds a Benefactor attractive, the Benefactor often does not find the Beneficiary attractive. This is because the Beneficiary has the Benefactor's Suggestive Element in the Vulnerable Position, meaning that the Beneficiary is devoid of the information aspect and element that the Benefactor craves and desires. The Beneficiary's Suggestive Element, however, is in the Benefactor's strong Creative Position, which means that the Beneficiary's Super-Id desires are more easily met than the Benefactor's.

**Conflicting Duality often provides a glimmer of attraction initially due to the opposing temperaments, but prolonged contact between two Conflicting types causes stress due to pressure placed on the Super-Ego block. Thus, relationships that do form from these often break quickly or quickly become unhealthy.

Side Note - I recall a study that was performed on Socionics types that was attempting to determine the inter-type relations between married couples. The results generally favored this order:

1. Duality
2. Activity
3. Mirror
4. Identical
5. Supervision/Supervisee

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All the guys who have been attracted to me have been F types: ENFP, ISFP, ESFJ. They all think they can bring out my touchy-feely side.

They're all, "Ha-ha, I will draw out your inner child!"

And I'm all, "Ha-ha, no you won't, because I don't have one!"

I'll see you and raise you one.

MY inner child has colic. :D

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ha yes i am aware, can't help but notice the trends though... INFPs really don't seem to be the most raved about, sought after personalities
That's because INFPs are quiet. ENFPs are more likely to blab for ten hours straight about how wonderful their INTJ mate is.

Of the INFPs I've known, they've all been pretty great. So have the ENFPs, but for different reasons.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Male or female, which types seem to be the most attracted to the INTJ romantically? I'm talking a modest INTJ, not a full-social-retard/narcissist/elitist like some of us are. But do any of you remember feeling attracted to an INTJ at all? If so why? Also, if not, why?

Depends.

ENFP women who are aware of their type seem to have a fetish about dating INTJ men, just look at all the threads about it. Personally I think any NF woman could be a good partner for an INTJ man. INTJ women will generally want somebody more like themselves (much like INFJ men). As tempting as it is to do, I feel it is unwise to ignore how sex can influence a personality.

I feel that Ni doms are unlikely to bond well with Sensors in a relationship, mainly because the cognitive differences are quite significant and a connection may be hard to establish.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As tempting as it is to do, I feel it is unwise to ignore how sex can influence a personality.
In what ways do you think it does? And how does the influence, if any, depend on type? For example:

I feel that Ni doms are unlikely to bond well with Sensors in a relationship, mainly because the cognitive differences are quite significant and a connection may be hard to establish.
Do you see any sex-dependence in this? Is it easier to bridge the Ni-S divide when the S is male? or female? or when the partners are same-sex (which one, or does it matter)??

Will male and female of certain types be closer than m/f of other types?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
ISTP's should find INTJ's attractive because of their Te.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In theory, ENFPs are supposed to be attracted to us, and some are. I suspect tin reality, though, it is individuals who are attracted to us, not types.* There is much about us that is not attractive to the average person. It takes someone who is willing to look beyond that to see our positive qualities. That suggests a non-average person, and these can be found within any type.

*May very well be true for all types

I'm going put in my 2c as to why there is no specific type

because everyone seems to have a different interpretation of the "theory"

Jung's Compatibility theory INTJ and ENTP, ENFP
Keirsey INTJ and ESFP
Lenore Thomson INTJ and ENTJ, ESTJ, ENFJ
Charles Martin INTJ and ESTJ, INTJ, ISTP, ENTJ

[MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION]
Alexander Avila says INTJ
women: most compatible with INTJ, ESTJ
men: most compatible with INTJ, INTP

source: Personality Types: Compatibility for Myers Briggs Types Part 1 - Enneagram and Myers Briggs
MBTI INTJ and ESFP are duals, INTJ and ESFJ are conflictors.

In Socionics, the INTJ becomes INTp and INTP becomes INTj so you'd actually be referring to INTP-ESFJ duality. Socionics INTj and ESFp are also conflictors (that is, MBTI INTP and ESFP).

J/P dichotomy is switched for the Introverts in Socionics.
You're getting all this because Duality is actually a concept from Soc and not MBTI.

What I find interesting is, that when you ask people to test themselves on Socionics, majority of INFPs will get INFp and same with INTJs will get INTj and INTPs will get INTp...

So I have to wonder about that.

If I map myself to Socionics I get INTp, where my match should be ESFp, if I map myself to MBTI from there to INTP, I should be with ENTJ...

Another side note, some MBTI experts say that, ESFP is good at first with the INTJ but then eventually the two gets "bored" (they of course used nicer words) with each other and they claim that the INTJ and ENFP will not get that "bored" with each other.

There's a whole bucket of 2c :dry:

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Although INTJ women are fairly more emotionally balanced than their robotic counterpart, the only issue I would have is how they deal with vulnerability. Every type has a certain signature on how they keep themselves guarded. I can't foresee an INTJ taking emotionally expressive initiative, whether it be physically or verbally, unless, the particular INTJ has advanced in certain areas than the average.

They have excellent characteristics that are highly attracted to, dare I say it, all types; such as loyalty, purpose, stability, and integrity. But if they can't accept love as a cat and mouse game, the other party will lose interest. Keep in mind that I'm not speaking about all INTJ's.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Although INTJ women are fairly more emotionally balanced than their robotic counterpart, the only issue I would have is how they deal with vulnerability. Every type has a certain signature on how they keep themselves guarded. I can't foresee an INTJ taking emotionally expressive initiative, whether it be physically or verbally, unless, the particular INTJ has advanced in certain areas than the average.

They have excellent characteristics that are highly attracted to, dare I say it, all types; such as loyalty, purpose, stability, and integrity. But if they can't accept love as a cat and mouse game, the other party will lose interest. Keep in mind that I'm not speaking about all INTJ's.
Who are you considering to be "their robotic counterpart", and on what are you basing your claim that INTJ women are more emotionally balanced than whoever this counterpart is?

All I can say is that if someone thinks love is a cat and mouse game, they would do well to move on.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
My vote is yes. After a few years of research, the INTJ gentleman I found is endlessly fascinating and awesome.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Who are you considering to be "their robotic counterpart", and on what are you basing your claim that INTJ women are more emotionally balanced than whoever this counterpart is?

All I can say is that if someone thinks love is a cat and mouse game, they would do well to move on.

I'm not asserting anything as truth (claim). If you don't agree with it, it doesn't make it an assertion.

Definition of "Claim" taken from google:
verb
state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.

noun
an assertion of the truth of something, typically one that is disputed or in doubt.

a demand or request for something considered one's due.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not asserting anything as truth (claim). If you don't agree with it, it doesn't make it an assertion.
You are right - it is an assertion simply because you assert it, regardless of how it is received by myself or anyone else. You still have furnished no evidence for the statement "INTJ women are fairly more emotionally balanced than their robotic counterpart", nor clarified what you mean by this counterpart. Are you interested in being understood and getting some point across, or do you have some other purpose?

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's because INFPs are quiet. ENFPs are more likely to blab for ten hours straight about how wonderful their INTJ mate is.

Of the INFPs I've known, they've all been pretty great. So have the ENFPs, but for different reasons.

what do you like about the INFPs you know? are you friends with them?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Anyone who happens to like what that particular INTJ has to offer.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Anyone who happens to like what that particular INTJ has to offer.

I understand that it is individualistic, but there are obviously general synergies between certain types.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13440]Eluded_One[/MENTION] I am also interested to know which type you referred to as the INTJ's robotic counterpart. (Mostly because I've been called robotic quite a few times myself.)