First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    xxxx Ne

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I do remember that I dated an INFP a couple times. I forgot about that. We really got along well and I loved talking to her. She invited me to a dance. There wasn't enough physical attraction though.

Yes. I met several INTJs that I wasn't attracted to physically but then nevertheless I like their personalities. I think that INFPs and INTJs can get along really well.
    Likes grey_beard, Enygmatic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    @highlander So you've never dated a Thinking type? I haven't, either. Which isn't intentional, as I'm certainly attracted to them. In fact, I think I might be more compatible with them.

Is there any reason why you haven't dated any Ts? Or is it just coincidental?
    That's an interesting observation. It probably reflects my bias towards Fs. Now that I recall, there was one that was most definitely a T. She was probably an ISTJ. Accounting major. She was really attractive - maybe the best looking girl I ever went out with. We just didn't have the right interpersonal chemistry though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    xxxx Ne

I think that one of the difficulties with the INFP and INTJ pairing is that neither the type wants to make the first move.

And even if the INTJ does the INFP would not get it, speaking from a personal experience.

There were many occasions when the INTJs had asked me out but I didn't get it because they looked too serious I thought they meant casual going out and I didn't know they had a thing for me. I missed the signals all the time. Probably I just didn't understand Ni.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

In no order of chronology they've been ISTP, ISTP, ISTP, ISTP, ENTJ, ESFP, ????. Last person I don't know but I think they favored Fi-Te in some order. I've been/am friends with INFP, ENFP, ISTP?, likely ESFJ (ended horribly), ESFJ (also ended horribly but not nearly as horribly) ISTJ, INTJ, INTJ, INTJ, INTJ, INTJ, more INTJ?, INFJ, ESTP, ESFP, ESFP zzzzz. Probably more here, but my memory's getting short-fused. The best friendship I had was with the ESFP until she went kind of nuts (was suffering from a major depression among other things) and decided I wasn't a cool kid anymore and we should stop hang out.

In summary, ISTPs tend to like me a lot. I don't know why, as I am not nearly as fond of them as they are me, and I wish they could be a little bit more chasing by taking more initiative and keep up the intensity more. My longest and most successful relationship is with the ESFP, my current SO. She chased me long and hard though, LOL.

The two types I probably like the most are ESFP and INFP. ISFP have too high standards, I never seem to be able to impress them though more mature ones are cool (appreciate Ni more) and I seem to be invariably drawn to ESFPs wherever I come across them (a lot of my favorite fictive characters are ESFPs, even before I knew that they were). INFPs make good friends but they lack the decisiveness that I appreciate but I don't feel that they satisfy me nearly as much as ESFPs do. I think second to this, I would probably say INFJ. ESTP is kind of ok, but is so hit and miss I wouldn't bother with it most of the time. There's too much Fi-Fe clashing.

I never understood the INTJ-ENFP thing, personally... It's like people think this pairing is the second coming of Christ. The only other couple pairing that stands close to it in typology circles is the 4-8 pairing which I don't get either because the first ESFJ that I knew and was friends with was likely a 4 and she began to introject hard on me and when I realized I got so repulsed I ditched her. The other ESFJ was also a 4 and I couldn't stand how I felt I kept cultivating our friendship and I thought it meant something more than it apparently ever did; I felt betrayed and I ditched it. One of the INFPs I know is a 4, but we drifted apart and the ENFP 4 I know is driving me insane with his lack of Te logic and I feel like I have to become a Te dom around him and I don't even favor Te as a cognitive tool that much. So yeah, fuck 4s.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

I don't even know why the fuck people ask all these convoluted questions about MBTI relationships. Duality exists, google it, it's that simple.

Take your MBTI type, change all the letters to their opposite, and bingo, you've got your partner for life. Is it really that hard?

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    I don't even know why the fuck people ask all these convoluted questions about MBTI relationships. Duality exists, google it, it's that simple.

Take your MBTI type, change all the letters to their opposite, and bingo, you've got your partner for life. Is it really that hard?
    That would be Socionics duality, not Jung's version. ENTP is Jung's first choice for INTJ, with ENFP as a 2nd option.

I predict plenty of battle with INTJ/ENFP pairs. Even more so with INFP/INTJ. ENFP's Fi-Aux is going to battle INTJ's Te-Aux. F and T are polar opposites. Now imagine INTJ and INFP, it's going to be 10x worse because that Fi-Dom is going to battle INTJ's Te-Aux constantly. What's keeping the ENFP and the INTJ together while it lasts is Ne/Ni but that's about it.

ENTP's shadow will be ISFJ and the INTJ's shadow is ESFP. When both get mad, both will balance each other. ENFP's shadow is ISTJ and ... now you get ESFP's 2nd option (from the INTJ's shadow). So that could work but again... not first prize according to Jung's theory.

INFP's turn into ESTJs when they get angry, butchering people along the way, stubborn and unwilling to accept new input.

ENTPs and INTJs are both sides of the same coin, why Jung recommended that they will balance each other out.

The best match for INFP is ENFJ because again, they are both sides of the same coin. INFPs need that constant validation that an ENFJ can provide. ENFJs want to make people happy and INFPs need that. INTJs get cold don't give what that INFP craves.

ENFPs are kinda left out in the cold, but they can at least work with Ne/Ni.

Besides all of this, ENTPs and INTJs don't seem to last either because they probably get bored with each other. Maybe that's why INTJs and ENFPs are promoted on some sites, that battle between ENFP and INTJ keeps them interested in each other. (Just a speculation)
    Likes Eluded_One liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    The best match for INFP is ENFJ because again, they are both sides of the same coin. INFPs need that constant validation that an ENFJ can provide. ENFJs want to make people happy and INFPs need that. INTJs get cold don't give what that INFP craves.
    I suppose ENFJ would be a good match for me, if in particular, I wouldn't be feeling slaved to their FE.

I know of my deep rooted desire to be accepted through the display of physical affection and I highly doubt many INTJ would willingly follow up in this area. Forced behavior is a real turn off.

INFP's turn into ESTJs when they get angry, butchering people along the way, stubborn and unwilling to accept new input.
    For sure, you don't want to be around when I'm offended. That's when my internal instincts go, "fortify the walls, we can't let the enemy in!"
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    That would be Socionics duality, not Jung's version. ENTP is Jung's first choice for INTJ, with ENFP as a 2nd option.
    Source? Because if we go by the anima complex which Beebe structures his system around, then the ideal partner would be an Se dom.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    ENTJ

Smart people have the power of attraction not limited to their physical appearance. Of course, being smart would assume a level of personal appearance to promote attraction.

Intj persons are very attractive IMO. I love quirks and social weirdness. Very sexy!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

In theory, it would be types that are attractive to INTJ's functions

ENFP, and ENTP are the obvious ones.

ISFJ and ESFJ might be attractive to INTJ weaker function such as Fi and Se. ISTP's are attractive to INTJ's Te.