User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I have found, and also read, that what often appear to be gender differences are really T/F differences.
    Is that why I never thought you were a male when you joined the forum?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Isnt the whole idea of giving up to social pressure(i didnt say about customs, but people requiring something from you in a social setting), doing something you might not want to do, but doing it anyways because its something that needs to be done so that the situation doesent turn against you in some way?
    When I think of social pressure and hear it discussed, it generally involves people who do what is socially expected because either they see doing so as a good in and of itself, or they want to be accepted and fit into the group for its own sake. People who give in to social pressure do it as a habit, a reflex, even, and generally do so consistently unless/until some significant value or boundary is threatened. Doing what is socially expected to achieve some specific end is much more premediated and deliberate, and often lasts just long enough to reach that end since otherwise it has no value. Following social expectations for their own sake or just to feel part of the group are not important.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    What comes to women being more F than men, its basically because men are physically stronger and women had to adjust to this since stone ages. I think that evolution has made it that women are more prone to being F types, but also to T type women there are social pressures(in this case its also more about customs) to act more F like, so its more about persona requirements for women to act more F.
    Any link between brute force physical strength and T/F is tenuous at best. Remember - F refers to subjective judgment and values, not to being an emotional basket case. T likewise refers to objective and rational judgment, not to being cold and unemotional. To go with the ancient stereotypes, women who did not think rationally and objectively probably had less success keeping their children safe and alive. Men hunting the wooly mammoth or protecting their family probably got all fired up and had a very strong sense of values and priorities. If there is an evolutionary bias, I suspect it was more along the lines of T personality traits being bred out of women as humanity became more "civilized", though this is pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Is that why I never thought you were a male when you joined the forum?
    I would not presume to explain how you draw conclusions about such matters, though I would certainly be interested in learning.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFJ

Any link between brute force physical strength and T/F is tenuous at best. Remember - F refers to subjective judgment and values, not to being an emotional basket case. T likewise refers to objective and rational judgment, not to being cold and unemotional. To go with the ancient stereotypes, women who did not think rationally and objectively probably had less success keeping their children safe and alive. Men hunting the wooly mammoth or protecting their family probably got all fired up and had a very strong sense of values and priorities. If there is an evolutionary bias, I suspect it was more along the lines of T personality traits being bred out of women as humanity became more "civilized", though this is pure speculation.
    Yeah, I would think men being more physical and women being more social, if true, is independent of type.

I had thought that women tended to be F because it meant they would be more caring towards their child, or something like that. That may not be true.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

When I think of social pressure and hear it discussed, it generally involves people who do what is socially expected because either they see doing so as a good in and of itself, or they want to be accepted and fit into the group for its own sake. People who give in to social pressure do it as a habit, a reflex, even, and generally do so consistently unless/until some significant value or boundary is threatened. Doing what is socially expected to achieve some specific end is much more premediated and deliberate, and often lasts just long enough to reach that end since otherwise it has no value. Following social expectations for their own sake or just to feel part of the group are not important.

I would not presume to explain how you draw conclusions about such matters, though I would certainly be interested in learning.
    I didnt say that the "masculine" way of using brute force was related to T(its more about S and maybe some T in its concrete form = thinking directly related to sensations), i just said that the "feminine" way is related to F.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

I've been most attracted to ESTJ, ISTJ, ENFP, INTP
    I usually dislike INFJ, ESTP, ESFP, ENTP
    People who pursue me tend to be ENFP, ESTP, INTP, ISTJ
    People who tend to dislike me INFJ, ENTP, ESTJ, ESFJ

I like to be taken care of in thoughtful ways - my favourite dinner ready for me, making me tea, bringing me an interesting book, in very pleasant and subtle ways.
    I like to be another persons rock and give them stability, support and confidence.
    I do not like consistent irrational emotions or overwhelming neediness.
    Ideally the right person for me would be someone who always has a plan, likes daily routine and efficiency, and has the same interests and life direction as myself.

My attraction to people is gender neutral. Intelligence is the most powerful attractant.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Relationships I've had have included ISFP, ESFJ, ENFJ, ENFP and ISFJ. The two big ones were ISFP and ISFJ. i think I was the one who initiated in all cases. There is a lot of potential between Ni doms being in a relationship together but that happens pretty rarely because of how uncommon they are and the fact that they are attracted to opposite types when younger.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Obsidius, grey_beard liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Relationships I've had have included ISFP, ESFJ, ENFJ, ENFP and ISFJ. The two big ones were ISFP and ISFJ. i think I was the one who initiated in all cases. There is a lot of potential between Ni doms being in a relationship together but that happens pretty rarely because of how uncommon they are and the fact that they are attracted to opposite types when younger.
    Interesting you mentioned the main ones being ISFx. As of late I've recognised a fairly prominent affinity between me and IxFx's, particularly IxFJ's. My opinion is kind of irrelevant now though, seeing as I've retyped.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    xxxx Ne

INFPs like INTJs too.
    Likes grey_beard, Enygmatic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nonchalant View Post
    INFPs like INTJs too.
    I do remember that I dated an INFP a couple times. I forgot about that. We really got along well and I loved talking to her. She invited me to a dance. There wasn't enough physical attraction though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@highlander So you've never dated a Thinking type? I haven't, either. Which isn't intentional, as I'm certainly attracted to them. In fact, I think I might be more compatible with them.

Is there any reason why you haven't dated any Ts? Or is it just coincidental?