User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    You only need ONE person who is specially made for you though. Not a whole type.
    ha yes i am aware, can't help but notice the trends though... INFPs really don't seem to be the most raved about, sought after personalities

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Hmph. my bestie is an infp.

I think they are awesome!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

All the guys who have been attracted to me have been F types: ENFP, ISFP, ESFJ. They all think they can bring out my touchy-feely side.

They're all, "Ha-ha, I will draw out your inner child!"

And I'm all, "Ha-ha, no you won't, because I don't have one!"

Socionics
    ILI

Assumption: INTJ ~ ILI [ = Ni]

Intertype-Relations that have a higher percentage of spawning romantic attraction due to Super-Id stimulation:

Duality (SEE ~ ESFP)
    Activity (ESI ~ ISFP)
    Semi-Duality (SLE ~ ESTP)
    Benefactor* (LSI ~ ISTP)
    Mirage (IEE ~ ENFP)
    Mirror (LIE ~ ENTJ)

Intertype-Relations that a lower chance of spawning romantic attraction due to Super-Id under-stimulation:

Beneficiary (EII ~ INFP)
    Quasi-Identical (LII ~ INTP)
    Super-Ego (SEI ~ ISFJ)
    Conflicting Duality** (ESE ~ ESFJ)

*Although a sociotype often finds a Benefactor attractive, the Benefactor often does not find the Beneficiary attractive. This is because the Beneficiary has the Benefactor's Suggestive Element in the Vulnerable Position, meaning that the Beneficiary is devoid of the information aspect and element that the Benefactor craves and desires. The Beneficiary's Suggestive Element, however, is in the Benefactor's strong Creative Position, which means that the Beneficiary's Super-Id desires are more easily met than the Benefactor's.

**Conflicting Duality often provides a glimmer of attraction initially due to the opposing temperaments, but prolonged contact between two Conflicting types causes stress due to pressure placed on the Super-Ego block. Thus, relationships that do form from these often break quickly or quickly become unhealthy.

Side Note - I recall a study that was performed on Socionics types that was attempting to determine the inter-type relations between married couples. The results generally favored this order:

1. Duality
    2. Activity
    3. Mirror
    4. Identical
    5. Supervision/Supervisee
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    All the guys who have been attracted to me have been F types: ENFP, ISFP, ESFJ. They all think they can bring out my touchy-feely side.

They're all, "Ha-ha, I will draw out your inner child!"

And I'm all, "Ha-ha, no you won't, because I don't have one!"
    I'll see you and raise you one.

MY inner child has colic.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by lulabelle View Post
    ha yes i am aware, can't help but notice the trends though... INFPs really don't seem to be the most raved about, sought after personalities
    That's because INFPs are quiet. ENFPs are more likely to blab for ten hours straight about how wonderful their INTJ mate is.

Of the INFPs I've known, they've all been pretty great. So have the ENFPs, but for different reasons.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Male or female, which types seem to be the most attracted to the INTJ romantically? I'm talking a modest INTJ, not a full-social-retard/narcissist/elitist like some of us are. But do any of you remember feeling attracted to an INTJ at all? If so why? Also, if not, why?
    Depends.

ENFP women who are aware of their type seem to have a fetish about dating INTJ men, just look at all the threads about it. Personally I think any NF woman could be a good partner for an INTJ man. INTJ women will generally want somebody more like themselves (much like INFJ men). As tempting as it is to do, I feel it is unwise to ignore how sex can influence a personality.

I feel that Ni doms are unlikely to bond well with Sensors in a relationship, mainly because the cognitive differences are quite significant and a connection may be hard to establish.
    Likes Obsidius liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    As tempting as it is to do, I feel it is unwise to ignore how sex can influence a personality.
    In what ways do you think it does? And how does the influence, if any, depend on type? For example:

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I feel that Ni doms are unlikely to bond well with Sensors in a relationship, mainly because the cognitive differences are quite significant and a connection may be hard to establish.
    Do you see any sex-dependence in this? Is it easier to bridge the Ni-S divide when the S is male? or female? or when the partners are same-sex (which one, or does it matter)??

Will male and female of certain types be closer than m/f of other types?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Belle of Kilronan liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

ISTP's should find INTJ's attractive because of their Te.
    Likes free electron liked this post

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    In theory, ENFPs are supposed to be attracted to us, and some are. I suspect tin reality, though, it is individuals who are attracted to us, not types.* There is much about us that is not attractive to the average person. It takes someone who is willing to look beyond that to see our positive qualities. That suggests a non-average person, and these can be found within any type.

*May very well be true for all types
    I'm going put in my 2c as to why there is no specific type

because everyone seems to have a different interpretation of the "theory"

Jung's Compatibility theory INTJ and ENTP, ENFP
    Keirsey INTJ and ESFP
    Lenore Thomson INTJ and ENTJ, ESTJ, ENFJ
    Charles Martin INTJ and ESTJ, INTJ, ISTP, ENTJ

@Kullervo
    Alexander Avila says INTJ
    women: most compatible with INTJ, ESTJ
    men: most compatible with INTJ, INTP

source: Personality Types: Compatibility for Myers Briggs Types Part 1 - Enneagram and Myers Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    MBTI INTJ and ESFP are duals, INTJ and ESFJ are conflictors.

In Socionics, the INTJ becomes INTp and INTP becomes INTj so you'd actually be referring to INTP-ESFJ duality. Socionics INTj and ESFp are also conflictors (that is, MBTI INTP and ESFP).

J/P dichotomy is switched for the Introverts in Socionics.
    You're getting all this because Duality is actually a concept from Soc and not MBTI.
    What I find interesting is, that when you ask people to test themselves on Socionics, majority of INFPs will get INFp and same with INTJs will get INTj and INTPs will get INTp...

So I have to wonder about that.

If I map myself to Socionics I get INTp, where my match should be ESFp, if I map myself to MBTI from there to INTP, I should be with ENTJ...

Another side note, some MBTI experts say that, ESFP is good at first with the INTJ but then eventually the two gets "bored" (they of course used nicer words) with each other and they claim that the INTJ and ENFP will not get that "bored" with each other.

There's a whole bucket of 2c