User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    hmmm.
    "still waters run deep" is the quote Jung used to describe introverted feeling.
    INFP feelings are not fleeting (just have to say it).

I agree here.
    Definitely not fleeting. ^^
    I think its because only the lesser feelings, or things she does not feel so deeply, are the only ones obvious or at least detectable to you. If that makes any sense?
    Introverted: 100%
    INtuition: 95%
    Feeling: 58%
    Perceiving: 89%

5w4 sp/sx

INFP.gc

MBTI
    INTJ

Handful of things people have said:

-nice
    -smart. Oh wow. T_T
    -"I can't tell if you're shy or not. It's confusing."
    -opinionated
    -"you think too much." I scored a classic INT trait! =D
    -critical
    -caring
    -helpful
    -obsessive
    -stubborn
    -moody
    -"difficult." "you always have an answer to everything."
    -bold/crazy
    -anxious
    -"you...like jokes and laughing."
    -serious
    -not self conscious
    -"think everything is a conflict"

EDIT: I've also gotten "You think too damn much."

"It's like you don't even know I'm here." (I felt horrible after this one.)

"He seems to have a problem concentrating in class. Often when I look at him I can tell that, mentally, he is a million miles away." (I'm getting better at these hardcore intuition daydreaming sprees though.)

"unique"

"really sarcastic" (toned that down)

"intimidating"
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

[QUOTE=Usehername;19799]

"She thinks my soul is superficial. She actually said that. I'm not offended but I do wonder how much of this is her ISFJ not-able-to-seeness."

That's strange . . . I have an ISFJ daughter and I have to bite my tongue not to call her shallow/superficial all the time! If it doesn't revolve around the latest boy she thinks is cute then, well she's simply not interested.

To be fair she's 17 and beginning to realize there's more to the world than her feelings and desire to be loved. It's awfully hard for her in a family with an INTJ mom, ISTP dad and ENTP sister. She thinks we're all weird.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post

I am so baffled. Different does not mean "less than" or "greater than" it simply means different.
    Gees... womens ability to not understand NT women is absolutely phenominal.

Your bro is more feely... and you are more thinky... that doens't make him deep and you shallow, but your mum sounds like she is useing MBTI without using MBTI... she is describing what she sees, you think... but thinkign can be increadibly deep.... Not everything is emotional.

As a female, your mum is tryign to judge you by her values.......

I had a sister in law trying to understand my NT and NF nephews by S values... there was a weird conversation... I had to explain to her the difference between intuative and sensory...

Stick with yourself - you are a fine person, don't let you mum skew your perception of yourself.

The bottom line is how do you see yourself - because that is the question you need to answer

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post

Stick with yourself - you are a fine person, don't let you mum skew your perception of yourself.

The bottom line is how do you see yourself - because that is the question you need to answer

A very good point Tink! ; )

MBTI
    INTJ

I get a kick out of defying my parents. I used to make my ISTJ father furious by asking why and challenging his reasoning on everything.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think my cousin is INTJ (He's soooo quiet it's hard to say. I get a Te & intuitive vibe from him though). As a child he was very lovable and talkative (I've heard this of many INTJs....is this common?) and he became much more withdrawn with age. He's always been sharp and technologically creative. My aunt says that he hangs out with an artsy group and likes abstract stuff.

My SF family members just do not understand or like the poor kid. They've called him "cold, creepy, a jerk", etc. He's a quiet, smart, emotionally inexpressive teenager with an odd humor (often insults people unintentionally - or maybe not), and to them he "has no personality, is ungrateful, and rude". They roll their eyes at his academic achievement and call him pretentious and nerdy. These are the same people who go around proclaiming me and my INTP uncle as brilliant because of our N style of smarts.

My cousin can be all of those negative things they see him as, but I find them unwilling to see his positive qualities and to recognize that people have very different personalities and that doesn't mean there is anything "wrong" with them. When I was an adolescent and more withdrawn, I was accused of being cold (that's right, me, an NF). Now I'm sometimes told I am too dark, too deep, too idealistic....so I try and defend my cousin because I know what it's like to be misunderstood and judged unfairly by these family members. He's really a good kid for the most part. The SFs in my family just have a hard time grasping "different" personalities. I give them credit that they will really try when it comes to family and people they care about. I know they are trying in their own way to find something to like about my cousin.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Usually I find INTJs attractive as friends and I think it's because I see them interesting and mysterious. They're the kind of people which I can't read. I mean I can see why are they doing this or that, but I can never see what are they actually thinking or feeling at the moment. I see them confident maybe a bit arrogant, but quiet and in a way shy. They're usually smart, but also pretty stubborn and they're good at making strong arguments (which usually pisses my self-confidence off ). What's also nice, they usually have a good taste and I'm almost melting when I meet an NT person with good looks

Anyway, I find INTJ extremely attractive also as more than just friends, because the J part could push me to get things finally done. And actually, for me it really sucks that you're so f*ckin awesome and are one of the most appreciated type, cause there's a big competition for you guys and I feel that you are not that much into me than I'm into you.

And I'll give you an advice- don't listen to your mum! You guys are really awesome!
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Cranky, quirky, funny, sharp and quiet efficient at what they do.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

From my experience, people see INTJ's as very mysterious and hard to get to know.

I won't argue with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]