User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I have an ISTP son.
    He is so opposite from me that I had to work hard at appreciating him for who he is
    (not like my mom who tried to make me like her).
    I think my son is charming and clever and good with his hands,
    and he brings a lot of fun to our household.

(Sorry you don't have your mom any more.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Default I spy with my little I something beginning with I

I spy with my little I
    Something beginning with...

Private, aloof, arrogant a touch
    Spouting, ideas, connections and such
    Where will it end, where will it stop?

Analytical, logical take me to bits
    I don't need your solutions or easy fix
    Process me, think through me, put it to bed
    Left with the meanings trapped in your head
    Next step, next thought, next conversation has led...

to the INTJ at the end of the thread

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I have an ISTP son.
    He is so opposite from me that I had to work hard at appreciating him for who he is
    (not like my mom who tried to make me like her).
    I think my son is charming and clever and good with his hands,
    and he brings a lot of fun to our household.
    For whatever reason forums such as this have an arduous time getting past the steortypes of Keirsey and Myers-Briggs, when Myers-Briggs in her own words from "Gifts Differing" allude to their being two types of ISTPs, one who is technically and mechanically inclined (the one most focus on) and the other who is accomplished at organizing unorganized data. I have only witnessed the latter, who has more in common with INTJ than the average SP. In fact, I will attempt to locate the description that describes this type of ISTP as loathing the SP behavior usually alluded to.

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    My ancient western political theory class just recently started discussing a similar topic that really got me thinking. It was basically over Socrates asking people, "Why do you do what you do?," rather than, "How do you do what you do?" It seems like an easy question on the outside but it really isn't.
    Question is: "Why do you do what you do?"

Answer: "Because I cannot do nothing"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    For whatever reason forums such as this have an arduous time getting past the stereotypes of Keirsey and Myers-Briggs, when Myers-Briggs in her own words from "Gifts Differing" allude to their being two types of ISTPs, one who is technically and mechanically inclined (the one most focus on) and the other who is accomplished at organizing unorganized data. I have only witnessed the latter, who has more in common with INTJ than the average SP. In fact, I will attempt to locate the description that describes this type of ISTP as loathing the SP behavior usually alluded to.
    I have never heard of it before.
    Are there two kinds of ALL the types?

MBTI
    IXTJ

I find other people's views of me interesting, really. I am referred to as a 'Bitch', 'Smart-Ass', 'Arrogant' and 'Satanist'. These names probably have something to do with my hateful, unemotional and angsty behaviour towards others. A couple of the names come from my constant ranting.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I get edgy, brave, and in the same sense, stupid.
    Mostly because if there is a Sargent who is telling me to do something pointless/the wrong way, I will generally tell them "That's the dumbest idea I have ever heard and I'm not doing that". Or, if I'm getting my ass chewed for something and I know I was in the right, I'll start to bring up regulations and operating instructions that prove that I was in the right. (Instead of taking it like a sheep and then bitching about it later) This usually gets me in more trouble than it's worth, but I cant really help it, and I don't care. In the military doing what you are told is more important that doing the "right/most efficient/sensible" action. Most just think I'm an asshole, though.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My INTJ daughter doesn't show much emotion and she isn't very open about what she thinks of feels. I just figure still waters run deep and she'll share when and if she feels like it. I don't think my INFP daughter is any deeper because, to me, her feelings seem more fleeting. Feelings that are not sustained seem shallow to me. So for whatever that's worth.

Edit: Oh. Sorry. I'm not an INTJ.
    hmmm.
    "still waters run deep" is the quote Jung used to describe introverted feeling.
    INFP feelings are not fleeting (just have to say it). At best=Ghandi.

(wouldn't an INTJ be very willing to say what they think?)
    A feeling preference doesn't neccessarily mean 'emotive'.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I stand by my assertion that Roslin is an INTJ. It's a fallacy to attribute her mystic leanings to Fe; that's all Ni. Something I think that the rational types have difficulty understanding is that even for we introverted intuitives with thinking as our secondary function, our overall experience of life is extremely, well, mystical. (For lack of a better term.) Why do you think we're so driven?
    Well, diagnosing someone else..? but introverted intuition types usually experience thier intuition as normal (this IS true, don't listen to Kiersey)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I've read all the "right" responses to this question... but I'm asking more of a one-on-one, "this is how someone said they see me" question.

My mom thinks I need too much privacy; that I can't let anyone see me fail and I like to be seen as tough.

She thinks my soul is superficial. She actually said that. I'm not offended but I do wonder how much of this is her ISFJ not-able-to-seeness.

(She said my INFP brother (and btw she hates myers-briggs so this was not related in that way, we just used words) has the deepest soul. I told her he is more feeling-ly; she said that my "conceptual and theoretical" soul is not deep b/c I don't share myself.)

I am so baffled. Different does not mean "less than" or "greater than" it simply means different.

But it made me think: how do you see INTJs? What do you think of their abstract ideas and depth of soul? What do you think about INTJs and feeling?
    I understand, since I have an ISFJ mother as well. She thinks I'm extreme because when I debate with her, I usually don't let emotions dominate it, whereas she tend to focus more on interpersonal relations more than anything. She frowned upon my expressed desire not to comform to social norms should I think them wrong. She thinks she knows me better than I know myself.:steam: and that I have schizoid personality disorder (In fact, I'm closer to narcissistic/obssessive-compulsive than anything). She's very traditional. Too 's' for my taste, in fact, and whenever I question tradition, we would get into a fight. I think she hates my disdain for wasteful spiritual habits more than anything, and as much as she claims to be disciplined, she dislikes my attitude towards emotional indulgence, and states that 'we're only human'. She constantly put words into my mouth, too.

My friends view me as smart, out-going with a dry and perhaps cynical sense of humor. Those who truly knows me would know that behind the aloof facade, I'm actually passionate and assertive, and I don't back down from confrontations.
    I: 78% N: 88% T: 66% J: 44%
    Enneagram: The Reformer/The Investigator
    Global 5:RCOEI