• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTJ: How do others see you? (ISFJ mom's opinion of me)

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I swear I read everything before entering this, even though it neglects the past few pages of discussion:

Depending on your age and current profession, you're probably going to get extra-double-the-crap for being INTJ and female. However, INTJ women can be quite attractive. Admittedly, there aren't exactly a multitude of examples in popular media, but one comes quickly to mind.

For some reason we INTJs are portrayed almost exclusively as conniving, heartless heels and are almost always the bad guys. People seem to forget that "masterminding" refers to things other than murder and crime...

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I *knew* that was going to be a picture of President Roslin.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Roslin - who has mystic visions and believes in religious prophecy unquestioningly... is INTJ?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think she's an INFJ. Adama, though, is probably an INTJ or ENTJ.

Six is probably your prototype ESFP. Starbuck, your prototype ESTP. Boomer, prototype ISTP.

Ellen Ripley is also a heroic female INTJ that comes to mind.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Roslin is SO INFJ. Just because she's not histrionic doesn't make her T.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hmmp, I'd have guessed ESTJ.

I think on the surface he's SJ because he has to be, but there's definitely an N interior underneath the no-nonsense military exterior. And I think he's gotta be I. Maybe I just think that because of EJO's understated acting style-- but nah, I think I anyway, because he seems guarded and like there's a lot more going on under the surface. He deliberates before speaking.

I would say INTJ who has to express ESTJ in public life.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
My GF who gives these tests often says that the Military - Police - Institutions like that change who you are, make you conform and be very STJ like. I know my father, 33 year career in the military, was a textbook ESTJ until he retired. He's now an ENFJ.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I stand by my assertion that Roslin is an INTJ. It's a fallacy to attribute her mystic leanings to Fe; that's all Ni. Something I think that the rational types have difficulty understanding is that even for we introverted intuitives with thinking as our secondary function, our overall experience of life is extremely, well, mystical. (For lack of a better term.) Why do you think we're so driven?

Ms. M

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm another female INTJ, and I have been told that I "think I'm better than everyone else" and "talk down to people" by people who don't know me very well, or that I'm "approachable but intimidating," especially on a subject I'm familiar with. My close friends and family will often exasperatedly lament my fierce independence and perceived lack of tact, but accept it with begrudging amusement. I tend to run into the "tact" problems with my "F" friends and family most often.

Edit to add: I'm not sure how I managed to get into this three-month-old thread. :)

Last edited:

Usehername

On a mission
I'm another female INTJ, and I have been told that I "think I'm better than everyone else" and "talk down to people" by people who don't know me very well, or that I'm "approachable but intimidating," especially on a subject I'm familiar with. My close friends and family will often exasperatedly lament my fierce independence and perceived lack of tact, but accept it with begrudging amusement. I tend to run into the "tact" problems with my "F" friends and family most often.

Edit to add: I'm not sure how I managed to get into this three-month-old thread. :)

I don't know either, but thanks! I reread people's advice and gave it some thoughts to the updated versions of the same problems.
And points to Rivercrow & Jennifer for being so helpful! Man! people here in general have great thoughts.

This is what MBTI is about.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I laugh at the Holocaust videos all over YouTube. I also laugh when I read the comments about the Hilary Duff interpretation of The Diary of Anne Frank shown on Robot Chicken. Watching people suffer and get upset is just amusing to me...and I'm really not ashamed of it either. And the fact this kind of humor is upsetting to most people is part of the reason it's funny. You can say it, I'm a horrible person!

However, I also like slapstick humor like The Three Stooges or the first two Home Alone movies. I like everything from racial to sex humor, though I'm actually pretty bad at telling these jokes; I usually stutter.
This is a sensitive topic so I'll summarize my stance first: I may like some fictional humor on death, but I dont want for people to suffer in reality and I hate to see real suffering, but I'm able to watch some very disturbing material. I think that being used to seeing death in pictures helps people to stay calm in an emergency. Oh and I get disturbed from some violent movies, but not from others. I like sometimes like being shocked while watching a movie.

I like Futurama's humor on death, like the suicide booth in the first episode. I've probably browsed thru mostly all morbid material in rotten.com some years ago, and I've checked perhaps a few times again to see what is there. I liked the rotten.com for the educational value and the desensitizing experience. I've known that people die and looking at some pictures isn't going to change it, so there. I want to have encyclopedically wide knowledge base. The curiosity of having some kind of information available to me and not taking it in would have bothered me too much.

So I browsed through the pictures of autopsies, etc and felt repulsive and sorry for the people involved and getting huge emotional alert somewhere deep in my head, but I just did it. I didn't get traumas and didn't start to like people's suffering, but I got some educational value out of them. Wouldn't do it again now, I've seen enough of it already.

I think my motivation was in understanding how surgeons could stay calm while seeing human at such level as they do. I considered it a strength, as they required it for a job. I don't want people to suffer, and I dont want to see them suffer, so I thought that it would be ok to see the pictures. (If you think of backwards logic in here, it's not, ask me for details). I also wondered how soldiers might have felt of the stressfull situations of seeing their friends die.

Maintaining calmness in an emergency would be a good thing, so I want to be prepared. That's how I am, too. I am often first to react in an emergency and start acting, i.e. I've often been the first to call an ambulance or the police if I've walked to an emergency situation in my city. I've been the first to do first aid when friend has been injured, and arrange for car ride to the hospital or anything else they have needed. Still when a drunken friend hit one of my other friend for no reason, and he hit hard, I felt overwhelming sadness afterwards and I almost cried. Why did he break our harmony with such hostility? I am a conscious objector, btw. I will rather suffer myself rather than to inflict suffering to others. Countries should resolve their issues in other ways than violence, so I wont participate in war. If people on the other side would think in the same way, we would have no wars.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Roslin - who has mystic visions and believes in religious prophecy unquestioningly... is INTJ?

I'd say NT's believe less in "God" and more in science.

NT's may however believe in superior "lifeforms" but these would be aliens.

Urchin

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm dating an INTJ, and I think very highly of him. I feel like he's more observant and analytical than most people, and I like that in him. He's independent, which is important to me. I can't stand dependent people. Basically, I see him as "That smart, shy one who's obviously thinking harder than anyone else in the room." He fascinates me.

I'm also the daughter of an INTJ (don't go freudian on me!). I relate well to him, though at time he sees things as more black and white than they actually are. This may be his personality specifically, though.

Both of them share one trait that I really like: they both take direct, utilitarian approaches to things. "Will this conversation accomplish anything? If yes, have it. If no, don't." I'm this way, and I get annoyed when people don't operate this way.

Anyway, I'm sure that's enough INTx jabber for one post.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Once a woman at work said to me after I was talking about something ... that my mind was "scary".

After asking what was her definition of scary was (And hopefully not in a mass murdering way :D) she said that it was my perceptiveness of people and detailed analysis of how to put my objectives into play.

One thing that has been mentioned by a number of good friends of mine, (that when we talk about IQ) "That their IQ test when done was way off the scale". Do INTJ's gravitate towards the smartest and most perceptive people out??.... "to leech intellect to improve their understanding at the edge".