User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think my cousin is INTJ (He's soooo quiet it's hard to say. I get a Te & intuitive vibe from him though). As a child he was very lovable and talkative (I've heard this of many INTJs....is this common?) and he became much more withdrawn with age. He's always been sharp and technologically creative. My aunt says that he hangs out with an artsy group and likes abstract stuff.
    That sounds a lot like me. When I was a child I was always talking to anyone who would listen to my many wonderful insights about the world, but I could be alone a lot as well. I think adults indulge you by thinking it's cute, but as you get older they just don't get it. In high school I always hung out with artsy/abstract people and was surprised the first time someone said, "Hey, you're really funny!" I think I was a sophomore in High School.

I think your cousin withdrew because he was tired of all the judgement. A lot of times INTJs don't mean to be jerks, it's just that we don't usually get offended and we're always surprised when a family member (Usually a SF) asks us increduously, "Does ANYONE really find what you talk about even remotely interesting?" Or a co-worker says, "Geez! This is the break room! Give it a rest!" (Even though you weren't talking to them). We're just awfully bad at small talk it seems like a waste of time!

I have an ESFP friend who is really concerned about her 5 year old's lack of interest in friends . . . he just doesn't need them and that's okay. She doesn't understand it--at all! She's always been the life of the party. I told her to stop forcing him into extroverted situations and let him follow his dreams and more than anything let him know it's okay to be him!!!

I have been tempted to withdraw many times in my life, but thankfully I can't go more than 6 months before all those darn (sweet and adorable) NFs start calling me and dragging me out for coffee/hiking etc.

I've reached a point in my life where I am tired of judging and being judged!

I'm so glad your cousin has you!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by theaferist View Post
    And actually, for me it really sucks that you're so f*ckin awesome and are one of the most appreciated type, cause there's a big competition for you guys and I feel that you are not that much into me than I'm into you.
    I find that the irony is that most are attracted by our withdrawn, mysterious nature, yet that's the first thing they get frustrated with when they finally get us.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Doesn't pay attention to social dynamics or rules , deficit of warmth, has everything planned out even when it is not "visible" , impossible to completly figure out (words of my parents), self confidant, dangerous for people's belifs, convictions and plans , always sober , intelligent, scary (mostly to women), too abstract ,.... (and stuff like that)

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I've been told that I remind people of a long forgotten Pagan Goddess of beauty.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    I've been told that I remind people of a long forgotten Pagan Goddess of beauty.
    Were they hitting on you?

I've been told that I'm arrogant. It's really pissing me off. All that effort I'm trying to take to behave "nice", and still nothing? Maybe I shouldn't give a fuck about it, and then they'll know what arrogant is. Won't be a pleasant experience though.

I'm always trying to be polite and respectful, even if I think certain people do not deserve it. It's just not the "please let me lick your feet" - kind of politeness, which I despise. I even try to smile if possible, not trying to invade the personal 'aura' of anybody while still keeping contact, isn't that the basic rule for social interactions? That makes me aloof at best, but why is that impolite or arrogant? Heck, I'm very direct and teasing with my friends.

I've noticed that I walk straight and with my head held relatively high, but that's just what is convenient for me. I've heard it was "majestic" as a positive note, and "prideful" as a negative one. I'm not trying to be either, really, and I don't understand why this would be a sign of arrogance. What arrogance, what the fuck? Should I crawl? Does that makes me friendly and humble? I always say "thanks" even if there is nothing to be thankful for, and I always greet people from afar if I spoke with them once or twice, while they usually don't give two shits about me and don't even take the trouble to say "hello" if we're only acquainted. Still, they are the "nice" people, how come it's always me who's the "arrogant bastard"?

[/rant]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I've noticed that I walk straight and with my head held relatively high, but that's just what is convenient for me. I've heard it was "majestic" as a positive note, and "prideful" as a negative one. I'm not trying to be either, really, and I don't understand why this would be a sign of arrogance. What arrogance, what the fuck? Should I crawl? Does that makes me friendly and humble? I always say "thanks" even if there is nothing to be thankful for, and I always greet people from afar if I spoke with them once or twice, while they usually don't give two shits about me and don't even take the trouble to say "hello" if we're only acquainted. Still, they are the "nice" people, how come it's always me who's the "arrogant bastard"?

[/rant]
    Is it bad that I view "prideful" as a compliment?

I agree with you, people complaining over you having good posture seems pretty asinine on their part. In any case, you'll have more charisma and less back pain by maintaining your "prideful" stature. There really is no positive at all, in health or otherwise, to walking around like Quasimodo.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    I find that the irony is that most are attracted by our withdrawn, mysterious nature, yet that's the first thing they get frustrated with when they finally get us.
    Yes; its perplexing. They like us for it, yet want us not be. A confusing and occasionally damaging perspective.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by veins View Post
    Were they hitting on you?
    I doubt it, most pagan goddess seem to be rather fat.

My extroverted mother thinks I am in "a mood" when I withdraw from social interaction. She can't understand why I would shrink from things like dancing or boisterous conversations except on purpose to aggravate people and be a "fart". I don't think she or most of my family see social anxiety or introversion as real things, but rather as affectations that one could overcome if one cared to.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari