First 123 Last

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah. What Night said. I mean, he totally stole my answer, I was so about to say that.
    Hehehe. That made me laugh out loud.

Night, did people copy off of you in high school?

Sorry to be off topic. Here let me say something semi on topic:

Sometimes I prefer calm. Sometimes I prefer intensity of feeling.

This thread is kind of interesting.

ThatGirl

I am not sure if this is what you are referring to or not but I understand the not thinking thing in my own way. I am often reminded of the saying in the bible that says something along the lines of "you have come to know and believe in me because you have seen me. Blessed are they who have not seen who have not known and still believe." Again this is not a direct quote. I think that sometimes the ability to strip away the silver lining is an intense weakness for NT and it has been a goal of mine to control the thought process. I can't help but think that there is a world outside of the truth that could be beneficial to connect to. I, however, become controlled by my thoughts in which this is far from reality. At the same time when my thoughts are dulled, it can be increasingly frustrating to watch opportunity no matter how insignificant pass by without being mentally quick enough to grab it. Inevitably I find myself wanting to keep the NT character without being compelled by the over analytical ramblings. I question however if that can exist. Is the goal ultimate certainty?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I am not sure if this is what you are referring to or not but I understand the not thinking thing in my own way. I am often reminded of the saying in the bible that says something along the lines of "you have come to know and believe in me because you have seen me. Blessed are they who have not seen who have not known and still believe." Again this is not a direct quote. I think that sometimes the ability to strip away the silver lining is an intense weakness for NT and it has been a goal of mine to control the thought process. I can't help but think that there is a world outside of the truth that could be beneficial to connect to. I, however, become controlled by my thoughts in which this is far from reality. At the same time when my thoughts are dulled, it can be increasingly frustrating to watch opportunity no matter how insignificant pass by without being mentally quick enough to grab it. Inevitably I find myself wanting to keep the NT character without being compelled by the over analytical ramblings. I question however if that can exist. Is the goal ultimate certainty?
    I think the goal has more to do with awareness than certainty. Certainty seems pretty selfish and we can only be truly calm when we forget the self.

Forget might be the wrong word, destroy? abolish?
    wails from the crypt.

ThatGirl

What does certainty have to do with the self? I would think it would pretain more to truth. Although on a side note the only thing anyone can speak about with utmost certainty is the self. hmmm.....

MBTI
    INTJ

No, there is no self to be certain of.
    wails from the crypt.

ThatGirl

then there would be no selfishness.

MBTI
    INTJ

When you accept there is no self, that is correct.
    wails from the crypt.

ThatGirl

So you believe that certainty is relative?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

"It doesn't matter...It doesn't matter why they're dressed as a tiger! Have they got my leg?!"

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    No, there is no self to be certain of.
    Are you suggesting that people can't be certain of things which do not exist? I think that there are very many people who would contradict that claim.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.