User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: N v. S

Enneagram
    1w2

This thread is going nowhere fast.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    This thread is going nowhere fast.
    You're right. We should do some roleplay or some crap. One of you N's whining about not being able to have a convo with S's, post your conversation starter and I'll respond, and let's see if we can have a conversation.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Enneagram
    1w2

Also, please start it off with the cadence of a nursery rhyme so it'll be easier to figure out.

Thanks!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon View Post
    I have an ISTJ friend who is a bookworm like me and very intellectual. We both like things like Psychology and History.
    For a second, I was like WTF, I better stay away from this person, because I read history as histology for some wierd reason, and all I could think was, who the fuck likes reading things about histology.

MBTI
    ENFP

Jeffster, if you think about it, If God is dead, then there exists no reason for us to act in a civil manner when we can get away with it.

What do you think... I am just role playing.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Jeffster, if you think about it, If God is dead, then there exists no reason for us to act in a civil manner when we can get away with it.

But you know what's interesting? People always use religion as being a go-to "deep and philosophical" topic. It's like impossible to find something abstract in talking about the weather.

It has occurred to me that they often state facts but don't really wonder much about why things are the way the are.
    Huge generalization or it's just specific to your friends. I think I'm done with this thread because it's really based on egotistical assumptions ---again.

MBTI
    ENFP

But you know what's interesting? People always use religion as being a go-to "deep and philosophical" topic. It's like impossible to find something abstract in talking about the weather.
    What on earth makes the winds shift the way they do? It is just amazing, we know that clouds shading an area can cause the air to cool down and an unshaded area may be heated causing a local pressure system to develop, but what on earth started all these shifts in the winds?

MBTI
    ENFP

Well by nature, a deep and philosophical topic is usually a discussion of an untangible or abstract thing, Religion fits this criteria. On the contrary, You can find many stimulating discussions about the wheather, they don't have to be philosophical, they can be scientific and still intuitive.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post

But God isn't dead.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel