User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Thread: N v. S

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    Stereotyping is required for efficiency. Always basing opinions on individuals is inefficient and illogical.
    Well, then I'm finished with talking about type with you, the OP, and everyone else like you both. Stereotyping is only "efficient" if you don't mind being wrong most of the time, and it's stupid and illogical to hold on to bigoted beliefs that only serve to temporarily make you feel good about yourself and that that have nothing to do with the real world.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    Stereotyping is required for efficiency. Always basing opinions on individuals is inefficient and illogical.

Stereotyping is logical? Sorry???? How??????
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    Stereotyping is logical? Sorry???? How??????
    Think it was a joke.

Either way, have to hold my nose due to the politically correct stench that has wafted over this thread.

If you want to rant because you think someone said intuitives can't see, touch, hear, taste, or smell, or that sensors are biologically unable to understand Voltaire, then go ahead if it makes you feel better, but it takes all the substance out of an interesting discussion and turns it into an after school special.

Also, everyone who's ever written about Jung and MBTI in terms of goal setting, connecting with others, and job selection has also talked about the importance of development of each function, regardless of what 4 letters you use to describe yourself. Let's not be silly and reduce everything to absurd arguments in order to sound holier than everyone else.

MBTI
    INFP

"After school special!" Good one.

Once again. In spite of our desire for one correct answer, the answer is usually not either/or, and more commonly in the world of people, both/and.

*The tired old, English teacher says, "It's more a case of compare and contrast."*

Hey! THAT'S why you were asked to do all those blasted essays. Snap!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Actually, I DO think people have psyched themselves into believing that. Sometimes I feel like distancing myself from not only this board but from psychological type itself, given the stupidity of the comments about Sensing. Do you have any idea what it's like to be permanently pissed off at what's written about your type? Or do you just pretend all of this doesn't exist?

Let me guess -- you just pretend it doesn't exist, or you pretend you're dumb (when you're clearly not) in order to amuse people.
    Mayb s really stands for sensitive! J/k. Look I read your rants on the artist thread or maybe it was this one, and while perfectly legitimate I have to say who gives a shit. isfp's not artists, obviously thats a laugh as they are more likely to be artisitic than any other type imo. But thats the point it is all opinion. Be comfortable enough in knowing who you are that you don't have to convince others of it who differ in OPINION.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Mayb s really stands for sensitive! J/k. Look I read your rants on the artist thread or maybe it was this one, and while perfectly legitimate I have to say who gives a shit. isfp's not artists, obviously thats a laugh as they are more likely to be artisitic than any other type imo. But thats the point it is all opinion. Be comfortable enough in knowing who you are that you don't have to convince others of it who differ in OPINION.
    I thought Sarah was expressing an opinion.
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    I thought Sarah was expressing an opinion.
    Yeah, apparently, only those opinions that can't in any way be dismissed just being "politically correct rants" are okay.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

There's a person I've talked to lately about something that's somewhat abstract, and I'm not sure if Sensors would struggle with it or not. This person tested as S, and figuring this out might tell me whether they really are, or are just a rather depressed N of some kind.

What I talked about is how people's potential is limited mostly by the values they accept, and that most of those choices are motivated by either fear or desire. We even talked about how guilt is just another form of fear of being disliked. I told them that the major difference between us, since she was an ISFJ and I was an INFJ, should be that she sees things in terms of how they have been, and I see them in terms of how they will be. She agreed, but said that it might have something to do with the fact that she had no future to look forward to, being at the point of life she's at (39 years old).

She actually asked, "If you don't use your past and what you've been as a frame of reference, what do you use?" I responded "I use where I'm going as my frame of reference. The future." She seemed to understand that response, and agreed that it was a difference.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

The whole point of this place is to understand each other better, not gouge eyes.

And furthermore, I don't get the argument that Ss and Ns don't have common ground. No one deserves bigoted contempt.

However, there *are* going to be some unpopular opinions here. ENFJs were the Big Red Devil when I first arrived, but I'm glad I stayed. I've met a lot of interesting people.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    The whole point of this place is to understand each other better, not gouge eyes.

And furthermore, I don't get the argument that Ss and Ns don't have common ground. No one deserves bigoted contempt.

However, there *are* going to be some unpopular opinions here. ENFJs were the Big Red Devil when I first arrived, but I'm glad I stayed. I've met a lot of interesting people.

I can't understand how anyone could dislike ENFJs or have issues with them because they are so good at diplomacy and genuine empathy. But maybe it's just that I find them irresistable.

I consider myself lucky to be married to one.