• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTPs and ENFPs, How do you know...

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I wasn't in on the whole 'fashion argument' from the beginning. I only added onto what Jack Flack said. Sorry if I stepped on your toes, Digest.

And Rajah. Two guys helped you win a fashion argument? Yes, big victory.

it's okay, wyst. i forgive you. if i can forgive rajah's dream clothes, i can forgive anything.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Yeah, I was gonna say "2 NF dudes seriously know more about fashion than Digest?" :huh:

It's kinda funny. :D

And I have to say, the way you choose to dress yourself does say a lot about you. It's all signs and signals that your insides have to show the world. Not unlike the way you speak and your mannerisms.

Are they controlled, formal? Romantic, leisurely? Etc. Etc.

And kinda like what Rajah said, you can't bank your personality guesses just on that. People are trained and paid to express in certain ways -- especially lawyers! :laugh:

The way you are at work or in a classroom is very proscribed, though even in those contexts you can look for clues to what the person is 'really' like.

And for the record, DC is a very conservative dressing town. Nothing at all like NYC or LA where you at least get a lot more variety and especially fashion sense.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
Words are the window to the sole. My brother is an ENTP. ENTPs want to create an empire an conquer the world; ENFPs want to save the world.

ENFPs laugh, joke and smile all the time. ENTPs tend to fake feeling. ENTPs laugh and joke all the time, but not necessarily smile all the time.

I smile a lot. But I want to conquer the world too. :D
I am quite ambitious and I always have new creative ideas how to perfect a therapy in my work field. I am thinking on how to create a new one or a new material to use in speech therapy in a specific field, train people and make more money that way. I want to be innovative and have the right idea, so it takes time.... I am mad at having to wait 30 years loan to pay for a house. Im looking how I can make it happen quicker. But I have many, many ideas on business that could work well and that none think about. The only thing is that I am seldom (never even) able to put my ideas into practice and really concretly organise something. I need a catalyst for that. Also many people think, I am a comic and could write one woman show. I am starting writing some. I often find the funny illogical thing that happened when i tell a story.
Sometimes, though I want to save the world, but not very often... Like in autism. I'd like to stand up for the lack of specific cares in that area, the lack of training and knowlegde when I see how autist's parents have to fight to get anything done here in France. Their situation touches me a lot.
I am studying psychology and I am totally against freudian psycho-analysis, espcially because that's the major type of psychology therapists use in France and it doesn't bring much (in autism for example, I can't understand psychiatrists who make pparents feel guilty on the autism of their child). I am much more into neuropsychology and cognitive sciences. It's more scientific, more reliable than psycho-analysis. I think, it might say something on my type.
I am also not very good at expressing my feelings, but that might be a family thing. I come from an introverted family where we showed love by actions more than said sweet words.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
It depends. I play it by ear on a day to day basis. But if I'm going on a trip I like to have a plan.

Do you have a shopping list? Or do you just buy what you see and seems appealing to you?

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I smile a lot. But I want to conquer the world too. :D
I am quite ambitious and I always have new creative ideas how to perfect a therapy in my work field. I am thinking on how to create a new one or a new material to use in speech therapy in a specific field, train people and make more money that way. I want to be innovative and have the right idea, so it takes time.... I am mad at having to wait 30 years loan to pay for a house. Im looking how I can make it happen quicker. But I have many, many ideas on business that could work well and that none think about. The only thing is that I am seldom (never even) able to put my ideas into practice and really concretly organise something. I need a catalyst for that. Also many people think, I am a comic and could write one woman show. I am starting writing some. I often find the funny illogical thing that happened when i tell a story.
Sometimes, though I want to save the world, but not very often... Like in autism. I'd like to stand up for the lack of specific cares in that area, the lack of training and knowlegde when I see how autist's parents have to fight to get anything done here in France. Their situation touches me a lot.
I am studying psychology and I am totally against freudian psycho-analysis, espcially because that's the major type of psychology therapists use in France and it doesn't bring much (in autism for example, I can't understand psychiatrists who make pparents feel guilty on the autism of their child). I am much more into neuropsychology and cognitive sciences. It's more scientific, more reliable than psycho-analysis. I think, it might say something on my type.
I am also not very good at expressing my feelings, but that might be a family thing. I come from an introverted family where we showed love by actions more than said sweet words.

You sound like both an ENTP and an ENFP. You're a freak of nature, kind of like me. I am and INTP with well developed Fe and J.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
... so not the same.

The energy level and sheer randomness of both can confuse outsiders, especially if they're well-adjusted and balanced, but there's a fundamentally ruthless/pragmatic streak in ENTPs that ENFPs lack. The Thinker side of them cares more about ideas than relationships and thus can muster a much more "testing"/sarcastic edge than the more open and friendly ENFP wants. This doesn't mean that ENFPs can't be mean, because they can cut deep when pushed, but fundamentally it's a reaction mechanism.

I'm not sure I agree with this. ENFP's Fi gives them a highly individualized set of values and ethics which I've known my ENFP brother to use to enable him to feel justified in doing many a shady deed that I'd never even consider.

I could equally argue, thinking of differences between my brother and I, that it's often almost the complete opposite way round, his F making his own happiness/emotional comfort more important to him than my T, which makes my own emotional state irrelevant to me. So he's FAR more likely to fuck someone off with the kind of reasoning that says after the event "I just had to do that, for me", the sort of thing I'd never really be caught dead even thinking let alone saying. I'm WAY more dutiful than he is by a long, long, long way and he's a hell of a lot flakier than I am.

I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10 our mental health is probably about the same, around 7 or 8 which I reckon is around average for most people of our ages.

My T-based sense of honour that comes from detached sorta intellectual analysis will hold me back from doing an awful lot of things that his individualized value system will allow him to do without shame.

I don't mean to say by this that ENTP's are kind, honourable folks whilst ENFP's are selfish Machiavellians. I mean to say we can both be a bit of both, but the reasoning behind it is very different, behind why we would or wouldn't do or say something.

I'm afraid that if pushed to explain what I thought the difference was that enables one to tell ENTP's and ENFP's apart, I'd say that I can't really explain it. But I recognize it when I see it. Intuitively :D

Oh, and by the way, I've NEVER wanted to "create an empire and conquer the world". I think that's the ENTJ stereotype, n'est-ce pas? I couldn't give a rat's ass for power or control or achievement in that sense. But I have in the past been closely intertwined with xNTJ's that do, not because I want the power, but because I'm very happy to let them struggle for all that excellence and achievement and all the responsibility that goes with it, and ride along with them because their struggle produces so many exciting challenges, obstacles, set-backs and stuff that it keeps me sharp, entertained and engaged to put my mind to solving their problems and finding ways for them to do what they want to do.

P's - it's all about the method, the gameplay, the strategy. Not the result.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
if you are a feeler or a thinker? Both types are pretty much the same
LOL!!!!

The NT-NF divide is a W-I-D-E one, and granted both ENTPs and ENFPs both have primary Ne and are hence, usually and primarily, awesome, but the differences between the two types are quite obvious, to me, at least.

ENFPs are more kind and genuine of heart and a bit more charismatically zany.

ENTPs are more cold and distance of heart and a bit more characteristically brainy.

Both are passionate types though, very passionate.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
CC said:

ENTPs are more colder and distance of heart and a bit more characteristically brainy.

Both are passionate types though, very passionate.

It helps me to think "Is the majority of their passion orientated to the human element or to the objective?"

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the difference has been pretty well covered at this point, hasn't it?
Again people, I say look up the function order for ENTPs and ENFPS, and then look up descriptions of Fi and Ti, if you aren't happy with mine.

ENTPs are more cold and distance of heart and a bit more characteristically brainy.

But we certainly aren't looking at a cornering of the market, here. I find most ENTPs to be very charistmatic. One was my first object of infatuation. :wubbie:

She was also incredibly weird and energetic... so that might cover "zany" as well, though I've always found that to be a rather ambiguous word.