• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Dogs for Rationals

Bylackbre

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hey, I'm new here and I have a question for everyone: What dog breeds would be best for each of the four rational types? Also which dog breeds would be a horrific choice for the Rationals?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm just spitballing here.

Best:
ENTJ- German shepherd dog
ENTP- Alaskan Malamute
INTJ- Great Dane
INTP- Weimaraner

Worst:
ENTJ- Pug
ENTP- Pug
INTJ- Pug
INTP- Pug

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION], I agree with your INTJ suggestion. I love Great Danes, as well as Irish wolfhounds. Really, just big, sedate, lugubrious-looking dogs in general.

I also concur with your assessment of pugs. They're cute as hell, but way too hyper, and dumber than a bag of hammers. My mom's pug doesn't respond to her name, doesn't seem able to learn any commands, and still isn't house-broken. I can usually teach just about any dog to shake hands within ten minutes, but this pug just can't seem to get it. She also eats rocks.

I can see Jack Russell terriers as ENTP dogs. They're highly intelligent and curious, as well as energetic and outgoing.

rav3n

Shep's my favourite dog where I can't stand pugs, so great choice!

Empressc

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess German shepherd, Belgian malinois, Doberman, Leonberger, Collies... The usual guide dogs.

Add Shih tzus along side pugs. They're cute and cuddly, but most of 'em can be hyper, clingy, and a nightmare to train. I have 2 of them, and it's a good thing that they're smarter than others but we still had some trouble training one of the two.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Someone kill me please.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm just spitballing here.

Best:
ENTJ- German shepherd dog
ENTP- Alaskan Malamute
INTJ- Great Dane
INTP- Weimaraner

Worst:
ENTJ- Pug
ENTP- Pug
INTJ- Pug
INTP- Pug

Haha

We had a Newfoundland when I was a kid. I don't think I could go back to having one now, even though we live in the perfect environment, a Newfie would thrive here. I just couldn't deal with the hair or the slobber or the mess at this point. They are wonderful, wonderful dogs but they must have a job and purpose or they become terribly unhappy.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
my favorite kind of dog...
View attachment 12903
hqdefault.jpg

the one I took care of for a while thought he was a cat. He was so gentle. He would literally act like a cat. I would wrestle him and stick my hand in his mouth and people thought I was crazy not realizing that he thought he was a cat.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd actually rather a St Bernard or Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retreaver over any of these. I also love pugs. Is it weird for an INTJ to love pugs?

analyticalnonsense

MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My family owns a German Shepherd, and I gotta say, I love her. Highly intelligent for a dog, and also very loyal. I took about a month to housetrain her fully, and she learns very fast and doesn't forget anything. She's also very calm, and barely barks or begs for attention, and can be content with just being on her own. She's basically a huge teddy bear to people that she's familiar with, but with strangers and other dogs, she becomes very protective and openly hostile to the intruder until she's reassured that they're not a threat to her family. Very observant and alert to every threatening bird or leaf that dares to pass the house. It's easy to see why Shepherds are used as guard dogs, because she's pure strength on four legs that could probably kill someone if they were a big enough threat. While she doesn't bark much, when she does, it's loud and deep and has scared quite a few mailmen away from the house :newwink: She can be pretty goofy and eccentric at times, too. Almost like a cat, but 50 pounds bigger. She's great with kids, too. A perfect family dog, in my opinion, and definitely makes your house feel more safe, haha :D It could be a good breed for NT's as well, because of their intelligence and loyalty. Maybe a better fit for xNTJs, but I'm an INTP and I love German Shepherds, so I guess it really all depends on what one is looking for in a dog. :rly???:

rmrf

If you could approximate MBTI for Dogs, Border Collies would be 'INTP'. Curious, Quiet, Intelligent, Chilled

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd think T types would like Shiba Inus, which are independent, smart and a little aloof.
Also, any member of the working dog family or the terriers, which are very focused types.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't want to own a dog. I like parrots, cats, and fish.
Dogs do a lot of bad things. But I don't mind playing with someone else's dog if it's nice to me.
Maybe I'd own a dog if I lived in a rural area.