• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] relationship between tritype and MBTI?

teothebest

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've seen a lot of theories on the net about tritype, MBTI and stuff, and since psychology isn't really my stong point, I have some things I'd like to ask.

1) first, let's compare my MBTI (INTJ) with my tritype (583, in this order). does it make sense in accordance with your experience and theory? I'm asking this because some people have infered that I may have mistyped myself and would like to seek a certain confirm, the more so my socionics tests showcased an higher Te>Ni, which should not correspond to INTJ but rather to ENTJ. my main enneagram is 5w6 anyway, if that matters.
btw, don't get started with super-hard and long psycho-theory. just tell me the gist please :D

2) since I noticed many INTJs seem to have an approach to success and career that doesn't quite match mine, I think it woulc be interesting if INTJs told me their tritype. of course other NTs may answer as well.
lastly, if you have some data about tritype/MBTI correlation, especially about INTJs, that would be delightful :D
remember, the more data, the better :D

thanks a lot in advance for your help :D

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm 5w6, with a tritype of 5-1-4 near as I can tell. Sorry - can't offer much more than that, as my enneagram expertise is limited. I think [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] had some data on correlations at one point, and I suspect simply knows more about the relationship between the systems.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Type 5 is much more common for INTJ than ENTJ. I don't think the other two types in a tritype correlate quite as much with MBTI type. Type one is probably the most likely gut fix for INTJ though, and 3 or 4 the most likely heart fix.

I'm ISTJ 594

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm 5w6, with a tritype of 5-1-4 near as I can tell. Sorry - can't offer much more than that, as my enneagram expertise is limited. I think [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] had some data on correlations at one point, and I suspect simply knows more about the relationship between the systems.

I don't have anything on tritype specifically but did come across this. It is most to least common for each of the MBTI types. Stats from another forum I believe.

mbtiandtypes.png

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This happened to be the random image on the home page, credited to [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]:

attachment.php

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have a much easier time imagining an INTJ 5 than an ENTJ 5. I think ENTJs are often 8s, 1s, or 6s.

teothebest

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
well it looks like there is not consistent data, but I want to thank you nevertheless for your efforts :D [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] 's data seems interesting though. although 5 is more common among INTJs than ENTJs, my other two numbers of the tritype ranked top in the ENTJ list (8 and 3) in the exact same order. yet, chances are that my typing was indeed correct.
on a side note, my mother, whom I typed as ISFJ, showed a 629 tritype, whose numbers are exactly the first three most likely for that type. it looks like I was very precise :D
I think that no definitive conclusion can be drawn at time, still it was interesting :D thank you guys :D