User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I see your point about the honesty, but doesn't it seem like he could've told me some kind of believable half truth, like being busy at work, and then we could have remained in the friendship holding pattern? It seems to me that confessing to me caused him a lot more trouble than keeping it to himself.
    Indeed. I refer you to murkow's point about the possibility of taking him from her.

MBTI
    INTJ

This whole thing is just his Ni going haywire.

He knows where he'll go if he keeps talking to you, and his hubris makes him think he knows better than his intuitions.

He needs a good kick in the head.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post

Could you elaborate on that a bit more? Shouldn't loyalty and commitment have prevented him from confessing to me in the first place? And, isn't what he's doing now technically disloyal?

Could be a more E thing vs myself as I'm an I, as I might just keep it inside in respect to all. Confessing though can get a lot of your chest, problem is I don't think it did the trick as he is obviously conflicted with his NTJ to his current SO towards possibly a much stronger N attraction to you.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Indeed. I refer you to murkow's point about the possibility of taking him from her.
    So is THAT what he's doing? Putting a shot across my bow? I'm not sure how he expects me to accomplish that, knowing that I'm sick.

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    This whole thing is just his Ni going haywire.

He knows where he'll go if he keeps talking to you, and his hubris makes him think he knows better than his intuitions.

He needs a good kick in the head.
    Ahhh. So he perceives himself to be walking through a minefield by speaking to me, only a minefield he thinks he might be able to navigate? I have to wonder why I'm such a pitfall if his situation is as he had it planned. Unless I wasn't part of the plan, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    Could be a more E thing vs myself as I'm an I, as I might just keep it inside in respect to all. Confessing though can get a lot off your chest, problem is I don't think it did the trick as he is obviously conflicted with his NTJ to his current SO towards possibly a much stronger N attraction to you.
    This is very clarifying. I have an INTJ guy friend, and sometimes I can see him internally exploding, but saying very little. He's so transparent to me, though. I can tell when he's upset even when he's stony faced.