User Tag List

12311 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Default ENTP: To hug or hit?

So Iíve noticed in some of my interactions with (immature) ENTPs that the nicer I am the more abrasive and shocking they appear to be but once I get a little nasty they respect what Iím saying and are more co-operative, is this the case?

What is the best way to make an ENTP stop and reassess their actions when they are out of line?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Oh. Dear.

I've found duct tape and logging chain works pretty well.

SOMETIMES. O.o

Hug-hitting. Hit-hugging. Both?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

ThatGirl

Woah! I just flashed back to my high school days when I thought that "nobody is that nice" I loved to see people with guts because it easily weeded out those I would or would not interact with for various reasons.

As far as trying to make them do anything? Well you can give it to them straight and if it makes sense they will apply it. If it doesn't make sense to them you will be faced with more of what you are trying to correct.

Eventually they will grow out of it when they get bored and know all there is to gain from shock value.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post

What is the best way to make an ENTP stop and reassess their actions when they are out of line?
    If the ENTP is worth the time it takes to make him do that, it's impossible, because he knows that there's no such thing as out of line.

Sorry. You're stuck.
    we fukin won boys

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Gah! The answers are as I expected but I hoped for the unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    If the ENTP is worth the time it takes to make him do that, it's impossible, because he knows that there's no such thing as out of line.
    I'm talking about ENTPs that I have no personal relationship with and do not care about but need to work with. Not preferred but required.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl
    As far as trying to make them do anything? Well you can give it to them straight and if it makes sense they will apply it. If it doesn't make sense to them you will be faced with more of what you are trying to correct.
    That scares me. That's what I want to avoid.

Ok, so keeping in mind that Iím willing to be manipulative in order to achieve a desired end result, what kind of interaction appeases you ENTPs out there or gains your respect?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hit first, then hug.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Gah! The answers are as I expected but I hoped for the unexpected

I'm talking about ENTPs that I have no personal relationship with and do not care about but need to work with. Not preferred but required.

That scares me. That's what I want to avoid.

Ok, so keeping in mind that Iím willing to be manipulative in order to achieve a desired end result, what kind of interaction appeases you ENTPs out there or gains your respect?
    Keep in mind that ENTPs have excellent powers of perception. Trying to manipulate them is a bad idea. Perhaps knowing the full situation would help us to give better answers.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Hit first, then hug.
    This man may be a hideous foul awful horrible putrescent freak, but he's right.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    JIxT

Ask them to respect what you are saying and be cooperative.

I have no idea how that will work out.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    NeTi

In a casual setting, I've been known to come across as rude, offensive, and boisterous. If I'm playing a game of cards, I tend to get bored so I start talking smack. If they don't reciprocate, this bores me even more, so I have the urge to step things up a bit.
    Now, this could mean that in such situations I act immature, or that those around me don't understand my flavor of entertainment. I would prefer to play with people's minds than with a deck of cards.

ENTPs have a tendency to test those around them as a way of weeding out competency. If you're being a certain flavor of nice, they may try to make you stand up for yourself by being a little abrasive. Chances are, they don't have anything against you and are actually feeling a little like they are doing you a favor. If you are acting unkind and they start treating you nicer, it could be that they are sort of proud of you for standing up for yourself. But really, this is just conjecture based on flimsy explanations of the situations at hand.