• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: To hug or hit?

lifeintechnicolor

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hit them. Hitting is the answer to everything.

Better yet, punching would be better. That's what I do when I'm irritated with an ENTP, I turn around and give them a bloody nose. Hugging doesn't every solve anything, in fact, hugging a person in general is one of the most annoying things you can do.

So the next time an ENTP taps your shoulder, turn around and break their face...it'll get 'em everytime, especially if you knock them out..then you won't have to deal with them..

is my sarcasm coming across?

:peepwall:

S

Sniffles

Better yet, punching would be better. That's what I do when I'm irritated with an ENTP, I turn around and give them a bloody nose. Hugging doesn't every solve anything, in fact, hugging a person in general is one of the most annoying things you can do.

So the next time an ENTP taps your shoulder, turn around and break their face...it'll get 'em everytime, especially if you knock them out..then you won't have to deal with them..

is my sarcasm coming across?

ROTFL! +1

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hug me.

Hard.

Harder.

OH BABY!!! *melts*

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I'm not a full E ntp but i can bust a nut from just a hug. Not from a relative or nothin, but more from a hug say like fresh off an AA meeting or something.

S

Sniffles

Yeah I know, it's not easy being an elderly man at the age of 25. :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Well now that I realise that I'm just as likely to be a 57 yo man called Rodg as I am an INTJ and accept I may be one of them difficult ENTP I bagged in the OP I would have to agree. Hit me, make it hard, make it sting but make it respectful and I'll respect you... of course I'd prefer it not to be a literal hit or I'll have to cripple you and I'd really rather not to see others rolling around on the ground in pain.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did it occur to you to give the benefit of the doubt, assume that this is a basically good person with whom there seems to just be a communication problem, be yourself and just level with them directly and just say what your problem is in plain English, and give them a chance to explain/apologize for unintentionally upsetting you, thereby potentially gaining a loyal and resourceful friend rather than pushing away someone you're wrongly assuming is "out to get you"?

Cos I can guarantee, that would work with 99% of ENTP's.

^ No, that's not the INFJ way.

Yeah I know - who needs simplicity and honesty when you can just play mind games? Don't tell the other person anything, just assume everyone's an asshole until proven otherwise - to do which, they have to pass your crazy little tests where they have to guess psychically what you want, like, think and feel, and get marked as to their worth as a person according to how well they guess. And then, if they fail the tests, just go psycho on them to punish them for failing the expectations you didn't tell them you had. Perfect solution!

:emot-emo:

Preaching to the choir here, bud. I get really irritated with INF types who expect you to be emotionally psychic. Even worse are the ones who think they're psychics themselves!

Grave-digging fellas? Can't believe I'm gonna say this to you lot, but stop being so emo.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At least : P s somebody could remember that long enough to post it.

May that knowledge help the next generation.

Or we could put it in a holy entp book of sorts and code it into something easy to remember such as :" Stay the hell away from the cat people!" :rules:

You mean like wildcat, blackcat and bananatrombones?

Grave-digging fellas? Can't believe I'm gonna say this to you lot, but stop being so emo.

We're not emo; we're just annoyed and complaining. Yet more proof that you can't read our emotions, but you think you can. ;)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Well now that I realise that I'm just as likely to be a 57 yo man called Rodg as I am an INTJ and accept I may be one of them difficult ENTP I bagged in the OP I would have to agree. Hit me, make it hard, make it sting but make it respectful and I'll respect you... of course I'd prefer it not to be a literal hit or I'll have to cripple you and I'd really rather not to see others rolling around on the ground in pain.

I respect that.

B

ByMySword

Did it occur to you to give the benefit of the doubt, assume that this is a basically good person with whom there seems to just be a communication problem, be yourself and just level with them directly and just say what your problem is in plain English, and give them a chance to explain/apologize for unintentionally upsetting you, thereby potentially gaining a loyal and resourceful friend rather than pushing away someone you're wrongly assuming is "out to get you"?

Cos I can guarantee, that would work with 99% of ENTP's.

I've tried that. Doesn't work. Because they don't reciprocate the gesture. :dont:

R

Riva

So I’ve noticed in some of my interactions with (immature) ENTPs that the nicer I am the more abrasive and shocking they appear to be but once I get a little nasty they respect what I’m saying and are more co-operative, is this the case?

What is the best way to make an ENTP stop and reassess their actions when they are out of line?

just show them who is boss by ignoring what they have to say, or dismissing it. if you keep on trying to relate to them they will send you on a wild goose chase. they have a way of making you want to relate to them. anyway if you have any doubt that they are trying to screw you up show them who is boss by just dismissing what they just said and show them that you wouldn't fall for their crap.

Qre:us

So I’ve noticed in some of my interactions with (immature) ENTPs that the nicer I am the more abrasive and shocking they appear to be but once I get a little nasty they respect what I’m saying and are more co-operative, is this the case?

What is the best way to make an ENTP stop and reassess their actions when they are out of line?

Immature ENTP? Out- do/smart/wit them, while seeming to play within the 'rules' of their game.

You bring it? I'll finish it.

R

Riva

Immature ENTP? Out- do/smart/wit them, while seeming to play within the 'rules' of their game.

You bring it? I'll finish it.

that is exactly what ENTPs do to others. play within the rule(appear to)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've tried that. Doesn't work. Because they don't reciprocate the gesture. :dont:

For that to be true, there's got to be some kind of exceptional circumstances going on there, cos I guarantee you, if you're frank and open with anything but the most unhealthy of ENTP's, they will reciprocate the gesture.

Could it be that you're not being actually direct, but just what counts as directness for you? I mean no offense, but I've known Fe types to be very "beat around the bush" and leaving things to be implied or whatever, not really saying anything definite or explicit, and then later claiming to have told me "explicitly"... and also I've known Fe types to take what is actually my attempts at openness and directness as "being mean" or personal criticisms, at which point they switch off and don't listen. I've had it so many, many times where I've been very carefully choosing my words to say exactly what I mean and no more or less, and yet the FJ seems to insist on "reading between the lines", mostly inaccurately.

Example:

INFJ: So I was thinking, perhaps it might be an idea if we do X instead of Y?
(subtitles: I really hate doing Y and it upsets me a lot, it'd mean a lot to me if we could do X instead because with all the problems I'm having at home at the mo I could do without the stress)
ENTP: Well, whyever do that? Y seems to be working so let's stick with it
(subtitles: why would you want to switch from something efficient to something less efficient? it just doesn't make sense, but if you have a reason then I'm listening...? Thinking: we're just talking about X and Y here, aren't we?)
INFJ: Well I don't really mind, it's up to you, but I'd rather do X
(subtitles: I know it's slightly less efficient but in doing X I have to deal with a person who's always rude and unpleasant to me and it really upsets me to deal with that every day. Thinking: you're just dismissing my suggestion because you think it's crap and you don't take me seriously)
ENTP: Well if you don't mind then I'd like to continue doing Y for the time being, unless there's a good reason to change, as it's more efficient for these reasons.... I mean if you're having trouble with getting the hang of Y then just say and I can run you through it again...?
INFJ: Well ok then, no it's alright, we'll stick with Y if that's what makes you happy. (thinks: oh great, now he thinks I'm stupid! he just doesn't give a shit how I feel does he? he doesn't think my feelings are a "good reason" for anything! I've tried to tell him my problem and he's just been critical and mean in return! It's nothing to do with Y or X or what's more efficient, it's about me being happy with my work and not adding to my stress load!)
ENTP: Well it's not about making me happy, I'm just thinking this gets the job done quicker... (thinks: oh hang on, she used the H word - is this not about the job in fact??) But if there's a problem for you with this, I mean we could easily switch to X I suppose and give it a go for a bit....?
INFJ: No, no, it's alright, I'll muddle through. (thinks: that's right you asshole, all you care about is getting the work done, you don't care who it hurts in the process do you?)
ENTP: Well, if you're sure? Just let me know if there's any problems... (thinks: shit, it was about something bothering her, but now she's gone into martyr mode and won't tell me anyway!)

That seem familiar to anyone? ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And you know what they say about people who assume that others are assuming?

They're annoying.

I don't need to assume that INFJs are assuming; they're too busy battering me with their emotional assumptions about my motivations for me to think it's anything else. Sound familiar?

In all seriousness, I know ENTPs do obnoxious things too, but this one particular INFJ behavior is borderline infuriating. Cut it out, ASAP. kthx