• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: To hug or hit?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Don't you feel quite alone and isolated, even amongst ENTPs, simulatedworld? :hi:

I know you opened this thread for a single purpose. Unfortunately, the datas you gathered are not what you expected. So why argue?
I know I would not have to waste my time answering you long gibberish, since plain evidences are better for that than (biased) discourses.

You should have listened. But you know, young ENTPs are so narcissistic and impatient, I guessed you would contradict me just for the sake of it. But if you are able to maintain a rational composure, then I think it should be time you concede defeat, and don't ridicule yourself too much (again).

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Don't you feel quite alone and isolated, even amongst ENTPs, simulatedworld? :hi:
shh, i was trying to refrain from spamming further and respect Simul's wish for a more mixed thread.:cheese:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
On paper, or on LCD screen, as it were, ;), I must confess that I absolutely adore you guys. (Sorry, simulated, I know you want to collect data that suggests otherwise :/).

You guys are smart, quick, and earthy/real, and yes, you also certainly can be dicks and use your laser sharp intellect to hurt others.

I have been quite fortunate, on these boards, where I have had no negative encounters with you guys, and even though I do love a good fight, tbh, if I were to engage in one with y'all, where you guys truly viewed me as some sort of idiot, I'd be :horor:

I can see how you guys might be a tad, what's that word, yup, condescending, and, well, let's face it, sensitivity is not your forte, though immediately Blackmail! and someone like Synarch stick out as being exceptions to this particular rule.

You guys are like "cool" intellectuals, and I dig that.

simulatedworld, tbh, I could see how some people might perceive you as a dick, your level of intelligence *alone* is intimidating, but add to that your confidence and sarcastic and at times condescending delivery, and you officially become a force to be reckoned with.

We're friends, right? ..... Right?!?!?!?!?!?

;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

I know you opened this thread for a single purpose. Unfortunately, the datas you gathered are not what you expected. So why argue?
I know I would not have to waste my time answering you long gibberish
, since plain evidences are better for that than (biased) discourses.

You should have listened. But you know, young ENTPs are so narcissistic and impatient, I guessed you would contradict me just for the sake of it. But if you are able to maintain a rational composure, then I think it should be time you concede defeat, and don't ridicule yourself too much (again).
Blackmail!!!!!

You're supposed to be one of the *nice* ones!!!

:cry:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Blackmail!!!!!

You're supposed to be one of the *nice* ones!!!

:cry:

As a matter of fact, that's my Fe working here: I'm adapting to my interlocutor. I use the same tone, attitude and language (I.e. those of an arrogant, condescending jerk) in the hope he will better understand my point. :D
What matters to me is to reach an efficient communication style.

And don't say I'm exceedingly negative towards him, I still hope to redeem this young soul, somehow...

Besides he's supposed to be an ENTP, and we have thick skins. So I shouldn't worry too much about him.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
As a matter of fact, that's my Fe working here: I'm adapting to my interlocutor. I use the same tone, attitude and language in the hope he will better understand my point. :D
What matters to me is to reach an efficient communication style.

Besides he's supposed to be an ENTP, and we have thick skins. So I shouldn't worry too much about him.
Quite touching really
If i wasn't me i'd take that for a deep, selfless emotional insight in the human nature and heart.
Then we'd start making out in a gross fashion.

Trust me, it's all in the script

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
On paper, or on LCD screen, as it were, ;), I must confess that I absolutely adore you guys. (Sorry, simulated, I know you want to collect data that suggests otherwise :/).

You guys are smart, quick, and earthy/real, and yes, you also certainly can be dicks and use your laser sharp intellect to hurt others.

I have been quite fortunate, on these boards, where I have had no negative encounters with you guys, and even though I do love a good fight, tbh, if I were to engage in one with y'all, where you guys truly viewed me as some sort of idiot, I'd be :horor:

I can see how you guys might be a tad, what's that word, yup, condescending, and, well, let's face it, sensitivity is not your forte, though immediately Blackmail! and someone like Synarch stick out as being exceptions to this particular rule.

simulatedworld, tbh, I could see how some people might perceive you as a dick, your level of intelligence *alone* is intimidating, but add to that your confidence and sarcastic and at times condescending delivery, and you officially become a force to be reckoned with.

We're friends, right? ..... Right?!?!?!?!?!?

;)

No negative encounter ? I bet we two can change that ?!! :D (ah damnit that was a millhouse style own goal wasn't it ? :D)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP - the beginning and the end of the problem... :dry:

:D

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Merged with ENTP: to hug or hit? Also, moved to NT Rationale.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ted Bundy was a great example of an ENTP.

A master strategist.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like ENTP's. They're a blast.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

I love you.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It helped to show that I am not easily offended. Some of the abrasiveness from these students was not intended as being out of line, but their minds were going so fast and they had such energy, that stuff just got blurted out.

More than being nice or nasty, I think being direct, reasonable, and non-controlling are the key to gaining most anyone's respect, but especially in this case perhaps?

Agree.

Think I’ve decided on of the keys is respect. If an immature ENTP thinks they're being disrespected they seem to act up, being direct, reasonable, hard to offend and non-controlling while showing respect seems to get them on-side.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Agree.

Think I’ve decided on of the keys is respect. If an immature ENTP thinks they're being disrespected they seem to act up, being direct, reasonable, hard to offend and non-controlling while showing respect seems to get them on-side.

How do you define respect? Usually, everyone has their own ideas of what respect means in real interaction.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never been told I'm earthy before...

Oh wait, I'm a PIMP for now.

Maybe I'll actually be an ESFJ after the holidays. Then I'll seem more approachable and I can gain more friend requests which I can deny! :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How do you define respect? Usually, everyone has their own ideas of what respect means in real interaction.

I mean allowing them to have their own opinion without passing judgement against them personally even if you disagree. Listening to what is said without rushing to conclusions. Entertaining the possibility their message could be correct even if the delivery is off. I think that shows respect to an ENTP.

Getting personal because you disagree with what they are saying, informing them of what they are trying to say or disregarding because of the way it's said instead of the actual message seems to result in some form of offence or at least lack of respect on their behalf, than they're happy just to offend in return.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well...ENTPs. :)

Most of the ones I meet are neat. They tend to be pretty fun. There's this other thing, where they have a tendency to totally exasperate me though.

For example, I have an ENTP sister. Last year, while watching Smallville, I said that Kristin Kreuk was pretty. Then she asked me if I was shallow. I told her that my calling a girl pretty doesn't mean I'm shallow, so she asked if I would marry a girl who never shaved their legs and whose legs were really hairy. And then I told her no, but then she changed the rules and said that I was already married to her, and that if I divorced her she would kill herself. Then I said I would get her to cheat on me, but she said that if I divorced her the universe would blow up.

At that point I thought: "I can NOT believe I am having this conversation."

And that has happened with a bunch of ENTPs I've met. They know I can follow those weird tangents yet play around with my straight-man tendencies as an INTJ.

I still like them. :D

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
At that point I thought: "I can NOT believe I am having this conversation."

And that has happened with a bunch of ENTPs I've met. They know I can follow those weird tangents yet play around with my straight-man tendencies as an INTJ.

ENTPs should be sent to their rooms.... but don't forget to install a video monitor.

A dialog my son shared with me when he was 4 or 5:

"People shouldn't use the word 'sh*t' because 'sh*t' is a bad word. If my friends say 'sh*t' I tell them not to say 'sh*t' because saying 'sh*t' isn't nice."

Yeah. Sure. Now wipe that smug smile off your face, finish your cookie and go play in traffic.