• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: To hug or hit?

S

Sniffles

I have to confess to being an ENTP wannabe on many levels. :blush: Many of my great heroes have been of this type.

They're such a joy to be around. When presenting their ideas and arguments: they're so lively, entertaining, and readable.

And their sense of humour....oh my I just can't stop laughing.

Seriously, if I could be any type besides INFJ, I would seriously pick ENTP.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have to confess to being an ENTP wannabe on many levels. :blush: Many of my great heroes have been of this type.

They're such a joy to be around. When presenting their ideas and arguments: they're so lively, entertaining, and readable.

INFJ see things in same way as ENTP in many respects.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

Not long ago, i realised two of my favorite buddies were INTJs, you guys really do have the greatest dry humor ever. Entps are often too much 'into it', so on a bad day I'd basically talk shit until my brain decides to kick in.

The laid back intj humor seems to be less of a stallion to get a grip on. Anyway, ur my favorite NTs, so , cheer up!!

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Please no answers from ENTPs themselves--I want the outside world's view looking in.

:offtopic:

Now: I've met 3 different ENTPs, and 2 of them have a habitual instinct to bullshit their way through life, fabricating false facts and claiming them true, even about the dumbest things. Now, I understand that its the more immature ENTPs who fall into this temptation of not being able to be wrong, and that making things up is their vice to not outwardly show their imperfection. I also understand that everybody lies, and that its a common flaw of more than one personality type. But damn, are the ENTPs just the ones that suck at covering their tracks when it comes to lying? And it makes me second guess anything else these people will tell me because I can't put 100% faith in their words.

On the flipside: If I want to have a deep intellectual conversation to go on for hours, ENTPs are my main men/women. This thread asked for brutally honest though.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel.. The ENTP would be great to have a pillow fight with. :D

Ohh yeah, especially if you have chemistry with him as it is :devil:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
INFJ see things in same way as ENTP in many respects.

On the chessboard of madness, ENTPs and INFJs are two kind of extremes. But as you know, extremes often concur in their own way...

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I feel.. The ENTP would be great to have a pillow fight with. :D
ur asking for it !
635.x600.around.pillowfight.jpg

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
And it makes me second guess anything else these people will tell me because I can't put 100% faith in their words.

You're right. You should never put 100% faith into our words because even us, we can't (even when we'd like to).
Honesty is a kind of circling paradox.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mmmm *gets paranoid about all the compliments she had from ENTPs!*

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Love ENTPs.... I only wish I was somehow able to keep their attention because they're great to have around

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Mmmm *gets paranoid about all the compliments she had from ENTPs!*
Mulder, THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY!
Now go burn that classified folder for me.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
rule Definition
rule (ro̵̅o̅l)

noun

transitive verb overrated -·rat′ed, overrating -·rat′·ing

to rate, assess, or estimate too highly
:hug:
As a part of the whole thread, i'd like to state that THATGIRL convinced me of the entps extreme openmindedness, charm and awesomness.

I, of course, am in no case biased in my judgement nor have been paid a ridiculously large sum of money (hidden in my left pocket.)

Please sign below.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, at least now we know what xNxPs think of us. I do tend to like most xNxPs as well, but...I really wish we had some data from some S types here.

Look at the breakdown of responses...of about 20 people who responded, 0 are Ss and maybe like 3 are Js? Since S and J are the types we clash most with, I think we need some data from them (as well as SPs and NFs) to really balance out the responses here.

Please remember that all N types together comprise only about 30% of the overall population, and xNxP types only about 19%. The data is thus far inconclusive; even about half of the NP types had some distinctly negative things to say, along with the positive. (And NPs are the ones we're supposed to get along with best!)

Thanks to everybody who participated though. Where are the Sensors and what do they think?