• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: To hug or hit?

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
HA! ENTPs are always "Mind Fucking" people around them. I find that they are fun to get drunk with.

How do ENTPs usually act when they get drunk, in your experience? I've found that I'm just more friendly, still lucid, and can't walk in a straight line.

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
How do ENTPs usually act when they get drunk, in your experience? I've found that I'm just more friendly, still lucid, and can't walk in a straight line.

From my umm... limited experience, I'd describe myself as the life of the party when I'm a bit tipsy. I tend to be more outgoing, and will start up random conversations with any new strangers that I meet. My Ne becomes completely unbrideled and I tend to go off on a string of random tangents, much to the amusement of onlookers (and myself! I love an audience, lol).

Yeah, so all the usual stuff, lol.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
i dont want a gf til i get married.

"buddies" are good for now lol

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP

:yes:

Never been a violent/angry/amorous drunk - just still me, but even sillier :)

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
Way before I ever heard of MBTI, I remember telling someone, "I want to be able to say what I think and still have everyone love me anyway." I think that is classic ENTP.

When I blurt out something like "Bananas are disgusting." I 99% believe it and assume I must be right. However, I am very open to the idea that there's a possibility I'm not. My comment is an unconscious invitation to you to tell me something new and fascinating that I didn't know about bananas that will interest me or change my mind, like "Bananas actually caused the French Revolution," with back up facts, of course.

As I got older, I realized that this is a unique communication style and not universally loved. So I now try to be more aware of the group I'm with and think before I blurt out something. Still, sometimes I forget and blurt out "Bananas are disgusting." People who know me well know I'm really saying "Right now, bananas are disgusting to me."

Even now, I would easily engage in a spirited debate about bananas with you because to me it would be a fun, intellectual tennis match. But, here's the thing. Any ENTP believes that he will win any debate, ruthlessly, if necessary. A good way to end off the debate would be "You have not convinced me, but I will think about what you have said." That response is respectful to give and receive.

You can always learn more about ENTP strengths and put your focus there, looking for ways to bring out the best in your ENTP. Some martial arts teach practioners to use the attacker's own strength against him. I am not saying to use their strengths to thwart them, but to move the relationship away from being irritating to you. If a colleague came up to me and said, "Hey you're good at this and I need help with it." I would be inordinately pleased -- and actually respect them more for realizing it.

Often ENTPs have a vision; what is his vision? Can you help him see how he can utilize your strengths to help him achieve that vision.

These options are more work for you, but will guide the ENTP toward maturity and balance.

Bottom line: hit them with a hug

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
Almost forgot. Drunk: love the world and everybody in it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What about hit-hugging? Hug-hitting?

booya moon

MBTI Type
ENTP
Way before I ever heard of MBTI, I remember telling someone, "I want to be able to say what I think and still have everyone love me anyway." I think that is classic ENTP.

When I blurt out something like "Bananas are disgusting." I 99% believe it and assume I must be right. However, I am very open to the idea that there's a possibility I'm not. My comment is an unconscious invitation to you to tell me something new and fascinating that I didn't know about bananas that will interest me or change my mind, like "Bananas actually caused the French Revolution," with back up facts, of course.

As I got older, I realized that this is a unique communication style and not universally loved. So I now try to be more aware of the group I'm with and think before I blurt out something. Still, sometimes I forget and blurt out "Bananas are disgusting." People who know me well know I'm really saying "Right now, bananas are disgusting to me."

Even now, I would easily engage in a spirited debate about bananas with you because to me it would be a fun, intellectual tennis match. But, here's the thing. Any ENTP believes that he will win any debate, ruthlessly, if necessary. A good way to end off the debate would be "You have not convinced me, but I will think about what you have said." That response is respectful to give and receive.

You can always learn more about ENTP strengths and put your focus there, looking for ways to bring out the best in your ENTP. Some martial arts teach practioners to use the attacker's own strength against him. I am not saying to use their strengths to thwart them, but to move the relationship away from being irritating to you. If a colleague came up to me and said, "Hey you're good at this and I need help with it." I would be inordinately pleased -- and actually respect them more for realizing it.

Often ENTPs have a vision; what is his vision? Can you help him see how he can utilize your strengths to help him achieve that vision.

These options are more work for you, but will guide the ENTP toward maturity and balance.

Bottom line: hit them with a hug

Totally agree with that.:yes:

I need a hug :hug:

sade

*Runs from around the corner and glomps ENTPs, runs away before they notice who it was.*

:whistling:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*hits all the ENTPs*