User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 439

  1. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    So Ive noticed in some of my interactions with (immature) ENTPs that the nicer I am the more abrasive and shocking they appear to be but once I get a little nasty they respect what Im saying and are more co-operative, is this the case?

    What is the best way to make an ENTP stop and reassess their actions when they are out of line?
    The reaction is venomous. Not me, from me you will just get vitriol (put you in barrel and dissolve you in acid), but then I am a reasonable introvert.
    Freud is 80% fraud, all except the E for Ego
    The difference between the Psi Cops (psychiatrists)
    and the Psi Corps (psychologists) is the R for Relationship.


    Perseus

  2. #72
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    You are a nasty heap of shit!
    My roommate would so warp that.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #73
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I'd have to be careful with it though; he's one of those people who believe in prophetic dreams. I do too, but I'm not as quick to identify a dream as one.
    omg, that's perfect then. i'd say as long as no one dies in 'the dream', you're okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    By the way, you really have a habit of finding avatars that make a guy hot under the collar :steam:
    i choose to take this as a compliment, so thank you.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  4. #74
    Senior Member Fuent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i'm glad that we're on the same page. i hear and read that a lot. that "ENTPs just want to get a reaction because they NEED others' attention" bit, and it bugs the hell out of me.

    the statement couldn't be more false, and it makes us sound like pathetic attention whores when i'd become a recluse before i'd sink that low.
    Never said it was because entps needed attention. Your way of information gathering can just be so damn annoying and invasive sometimes. At least that's what I've experienced from my entp friends.

    Saying things that might piss me off just to see if I get annoyed isn't pleasant, even if you are only joking. That's how people get shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    INTP... I think not.

  5. #75
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Trinity the ENTP's that I've met here are all so different. One of them I've set straight several times and each time they've complied, another is just too annoying to bother trying to get through to, and one I relate to (oddly) well. Just because someone is a certain type, doesn't mean they will behave similarly. Some INTP's I like and others I can't relate to on any level same with fellow NF's.

    As for hugging, I'm not much of a hugger, but there are some people who are hug worthy and there are plenty of people I know who are smack worthy.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  6. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    So Ive noticed in some of my interactions with (immature) ENTPs that the nicer I am the more abrasive and shocking they appear to be but once I get a little nasty they respect what Im saying and are more co-operative, is this the case?

    What is the best way to make an ENTP stop and reassess their actions when they are out of line?
    Only a ENTJ would ask a question, unless it is a ESTJ asking by proxy?
    Freud is 80% fraud, all except the E for Ego
    The difference between the Psi Cops (psychiatrists)
    and the Psi Corps (psychologists) is the R for Relationship.


    Perseus

  7. #77
    Senior Member Fuent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Only a ENTJ would ask a question, unless it is a ESTJ asking by proxy?
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Please explain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    INTP... I think not.

  8. #78
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Yeah, um for the record Hit or Hug is metaphorically speaking, I plan on never doing either

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    1) Don't bullshit me.
    2) The Place of Argument.
    Thanks for the response, I found your post helpful. It's true about the ad hominem attacks, even though ENTPs can be confrontational I've rarely seen a direct attack against an individual that wasn't supposed to be a joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    See, this is why I said INTJ's are the type that scare me, though not in a genuinely afraid, bad way but rather in a thrilling, addictive 'gimme more!' way.
    It scared me too.

    If you say I'm just trying to get a reaction i won't deny it (but I used to! lol). But I will deny that I'm doing it for attention, which I know is what you're implying. I'm not. I'm trying to get reactions so I can figure out the universe around me. If you can and will explain your reaction rather than just 'have' it and leave me to guess what about what I did was wrong and how to adapt, you're like gold dust to me.
    Gold dust eh.

    So I think it comes back to having a logical, non-personal response, sticking to the facts and not getting emotional?

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    that's where we differ, sub. 90% of the time, i don't consciously try to get reactions. it may be what i'm doing, but it's not usually done with forethought. i don't think to myself, "i'm going to poke this person and see what they do. 'cause i'm all into 'shock value'!" it just... happens. (and that'd seem really stupid if done just for that reason. i'd feel like the guy in class who tries to be funny (but isn't) just to get attention, and then i'd kill myself out of principle).
    This is what I see, it's semi-conscious but mostly auto-pilot. I don't fully understand the motivations, sometimes they appear to be counterproductive to the ENTPs end goals but I don't think it's about upsetting others, rather its testing boundaries and loyalties.

    i don't care what a person's type is. if someone says "i know what you're doing/thinking/etc.", then what was most probably a problem that could have very easily been solved by just mentioning it would turn into an entirely new and much more real problem.
    I totally get that cause I'd personally find it patronising if someone else claimed to know my intentions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Trinity the ENTP's that I've met here are all so different. One of them I've set straight several times and each time they've complied, another is just too annoying to bother trying to get through to, and one I relate to (oddly) well. Just because someone is a certain type, doesn't mean they will behave similarly. Some INTP's I like and others I can't relate to on any level same with fellow NF's.
    Yeah, I guess understanding the thought process of an ENTP here may help me understand another although they won't be the same. I'm looking closer to the second senario "just too annoying to bother trying to get through to"

    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Iirrelevant input x 2
    Thanks

  9. #79
    Senior Member Argus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Yeah, there really is no such thing as out of line, unless he's a Christian and you show it to him in the Bible. (done that a few times...)


    This is true...
    It took my I*FJ friend a long time to realize this.

    Now our conversations usually go: Philosophical, theoretical, philosophical, practical.

    Strange things happen when a bible believing ENTP is confronted with biblical clarity.

  10. #80
    Wonderer Samuel De Mazarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    I'm a firm believer in having forums where one can say anything... no matter how conventionally taboo... as long as all members are open to it.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

    Realize us, Madman!

    I razed a slum, Amen.

    ...............................................

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Do ENTPs Often Lie or Stretch the Truth?
    By Ginkgo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 07:52 AM
  2. [ENTP] Seeking a real female ENTP to talk to
    By murkrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 11:51 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 10:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO