User Tag List

First 293738394041 Last

Results 381 to 390 of 439

  1. #381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    IME, the best way to shut up an ENTP is to hug them yes
    Oh geebuz, that's all I had to do? :re-consults ENTP manual:
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  2. #382
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Oh geebuz, that's all I had to do? :re-consults ENTP manual:
    <------ stands waiting patiently

  3. #383
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    The original post that bears repeating:


    This post was then followed by a cadre of silly and semi-informative posts that covered things like "golly heck fires" and "sexual abuse" --one of mine included, as well as substitute's >>

    So shall I be deliberately obtuse and interpret ^this literally as well? (I'd rather not.)


    Or, how about ^this show-stopper?

    Given that your asinine replies are just Ra-ra-ra'ing substitute's complaint about a tongue-in-cheek post (Did the hokey pictures not give it away guys? Were you wounded in the verbal volley?) several months old; all I can conclude is you got the excuse for the rant you clearly wanted by lumping truth with comedy, individuals with groups, and let the angerball fly.

    Not ranting you say?

    Everyone rants, just fess up instead of winding up. At least you weren't lambasting whole groups of people based on your negative experiences with a few...



    You guys are hilaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarious on the whole.
    Umm...I can't recall ever saying that I was above ranting, or that I wasn't ranting here. What's your point?

    I haven't even seen this thread you're referring to, and I don't have a clue what half of your post is about. What ridiculous assumptions are you making this time? Now suddenly I was "wounded in the verbal volley"? I don't even know what supposedly super-offensive post from months ago you're talking about.

    It probably goes without saying that you're proving my point, here. You think you can intuit everything you need to know about the actions of others and the emotional motivations for them, and it's so bad that you can't even recognize when you're doing it or make any attempt to stop.

    Ranting about how annoying that is? Guilty as charged.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #384
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    :rolli: Would you guys kiss and make up? She might be intuiting your feelings a bit, but you're putting words in her mouth, and intuiting her motivations just as much. Pot-kettle syndrom anyone?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #385
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    This thread is a very bad kisser. Too much tongue.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  6. #386
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Nah I've gotta be fair on xNFJ's - they are pretty good at divining people's emotional state. A few caveats though...

    1. Most crucially, knowing what someone's emotional state is and knowing what value they give to it are two very different things. My ENFJ sister is very good at knowing how I feel and often does even when I don't and I have to hand it to her, she's been very valuable to me for that reason amongst others, obviously. However, the biggest cause of arguments between us is invariably that she just doesn't accept that it takes a completely different place in my decision making process than it would in hers. IOW, she gives it too much significance when interpreting my behaviour and words.

    2. They're best at it face to face, and I think a lot of the non-verbal communication that happens between people is picked up on by them and to quite an extent they rely on it to make their divinations. Which are usually accurate - when face to face. When they try to do the same thing in writing, it all goes horribly wrong quite often. I know my sister as well as another ENFJ friend I know, they both say they have lost faith in email and text formats for communicating with people because they've got into too many rows that way, and they prefer face to face or at least telephone, so they can hear your tones of voice.

    3. Intuition is a function that's all about perceiving patterns and filling in the blanks, usually by prior experience with similar patterns. If it's a habit of a person to look for and hone in emotional and non-verbal communication, there's a very real risk IMO, that when those parts of the communication are not present, they're going to start filling in blanks. While this can be fine when it comes to letters from people you know well, when it comes to strangers on the net, it can be disastrous.

    4. Having said all of which, I'd have to say that ENFJ's are great friends for me when I've learned to keep it face to face and if I have to use text at all, make it very, very friendly - pepper it with non-verbal communication equivalents like smileys and "safe" phrases, to give it a clear emotional content, so they don't start making it up for themselves.

    5. INFJ's on the other hand can be trickier because I think the whole I/E thing interferes... introverts can have more time, simply, to give to individual people and sometimes take it amiss that a hyperactive ENTP with a huge social circle just doesn't have time to spend even one, really, let alone two or three whole afternoons with just them every week. And this leads to an ENTP finding themselves thinking of this song when they think of friendships/relationships with INFJ's... and shuddering big shudders!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  7. #387
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    ^Good points all! ( @ song. )

  8. #388
    in-game Gamine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Nah I've gotta be fair on xNFJ's - they are pretty good at divining people's emotional state. A few caveats though...

    1. Most crucially, knowing what someone's emotional state is and knowing what value they give to it are two very different things. My ENFJ sister is very good at knowing how I feel and often does even when I don't and I have to hand it to her, she's been very valuable to me for that reason amongst others, obviously. However, the biggest cause of arguments between us is invariably that she just doesn't accept that it takes a completely different place in my decision making process than it would in hers. IOW, she gives it too much significance when interpreting my behaviour and words.

    2. They're best at it face to face, and I think a lot of the non-verbal communication that happens between people is picked up on by them and to quite an extent they rely on it to make their divinations. Which are usually accurate - when face to face. When they try to do the same thing in writing, it all goes horribly wrong quite often. I know my sister as well as another ENFJ friend I know, they both say they have lost faith in email and text formats for communicating with people because they've got into too many rows that way, and they prefer face to face or at least telephone, so they can hear your tones of voice.

    3. Intuition is a function that's all about perceiving patterns and filling in the blanks, usually by prior experience with similar patterns. If it's a habit of a person to look for and hone in emotional and non-verbal communication, there's a very real risk IMO, that when those parts of the communication are not present, they're going to start filling in blanks. While this can be fine when it comes to letters from people you know well, when it comes to strangers on the net, it can be disastrous.

    4. Having said all of which, I'd have to say that ENFJ's are great friends for me when I've learned to keep it face to face and if I have to use text at all, make it very, very friendly - pepper it with non-verbal communication equivalents like smileys and "safe" phrases, to give it a clear emotional content, so they don't start making it up for themselves.

    5. INFJ's on the other hand can be trickier because I think the whole I/E thing interferes... introverts can have more time, simply, to give to individual people and sometimes take it amiss that a hyperactive ENTP with a huge social circle just doesn't have time to spend even one, really, let alone two or three whole afternoons with just them every week. And this leads to an ENTP finding themselves thinking of this song when they think of friendships/relationships with INFJ's... and shuddering big shudders!
    Thanks for adding to my paranoia/nightmare dreamscape.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

  9. #389
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    This thread is a very bad kisser. Too much tongue.
    I once didn't explain to a date that, where her tongue and kissing was concerned, "less was more." I would have said something, but couldn't bring myself to mention it.

  10. #390
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I once didn't explain to a date that, where her tongue and kissing was concerned, "less was more." I would have said something, but couldn't bring myself to mention it.
    Nah, a gentleman keeps those things in privacy
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Do ENTPs Often Lie or Stretch the Truth?
    By Ginkgo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 07:52 AM
  2. [ENTP] Seeking a real female ENTP to talk to
    By murkrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 11:51 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 10:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO