First 273536373839 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I started to answer this, but I found I just had more and more and more to say about it until the post would've taken up like two pages or something, and since I figure this forum's probably running short on patience for me with the long posts lately, I've decided to store what I would've posted on my blog. So, if you want to read it, go here.
    Thank you for your answer
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Thank you for your answer
    Does it help at all?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Does it help at all?
    It does, it sheds some light, and it shows me even more that ENFPs and ENTPs do things very similarly, with one big difference, so I'm very grateful for your contribution. And although I already knew what that difference was in theory, it's interesting to see concretely how it gets applied. FWIW, that's not what I meant with letting go, but I can see how you would interpret it that way.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP

It does, it sheds some light, and it shows me even more that ENFPs and ENTPs do things very similarly, with one big difference, so I'm very grateful for your contribution. And although I already knew what that difference was in theory, it's interesting to see concretely how it gets applied. FWIW, that's not what I meant with letting go, but I can see how you would interpret it that way.
    Well that's good - it kinda helped me actually to write it lol Helped crystalize some things in my head that I've been trying to think on more specifically lately

So, what did you mean?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

sooo?
    should we hug them then ?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Default Simulate a substitute

The original post that bears repeating:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    So Ive noticed in some of my interactions with (immature) ENTPs that the nicer I am the more abrasive and shocking they appear to be but once I get a little nasty they respect what Im saying and are more co-operative, is this the case?

What is the best way to make an ENTP stop and reassess their actions when they are out of line?
    This post was then followed by a cadre of silly and semi-informative posts that covered things like "golly heck fires" and "sexual abuse" --one of mine included, as well as substitute's >>
    Hit!!! Hit, hit, hit, hit!!! By the time you're done with your Mr Burns routine with your vitamin D defficient, translucent-blue arms, I'll be so paralyzed with laughter you'll be able to do ANYTHING with me!
    So shall I be deliberately obtuse and interpret ^this literally as well? (I'd rather not.)

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    OK guys, be brutally honest here. I'm not going to argue with you or get upset...(I'm used to it.)

What thoughts, words, descriptions and feelings come to mind when you think ENTP? Please no answers from ENTPs themselves--I want the outside world's view looking in.
    Or, how about ^this show-stopper?

Given that your asinine replies are just Ra-ra-ra'ing substitute's complaint about a tongue-in-cheek post (Did the hokey pictures not give it away guys? Were you wounded in the verbal volley?) several months old; all I can conclude is you got the excuse for the rant you clearly wanted by lumping truth with comedy, individuals with groups, and let the angerball fly.

Not ranting you say?

I don't need to assume that INFJs are assuming; they're too busy battering me with their emotional assumptions about my motivations for me to think it's anything else. Sound familiar?

In all seriousness, I know ENTPs do obnoxious things too, but this one particular INFJ behavior is borderline infuriating. Cut it out, ASAP. kthx
    You say "borderline infuriating" - is that a euphemism for "I'd rather bury myself in an anthill and smear strawberry jelly in my eyes than be subjected to another second of this"?
    Pretty much. Here comes some asshole INFJ to invent an entire emotional backstory for this minor expression of emotion and then swallow his (or HER...) own bathwater until he finally convinces himself it's true.

They're often reminiscent of INTJs, who can be sloppy in their search for technical efficiency and end up ignoring or prematurely dismissing legitimate alternate possibilities or explanations for logical problems...INFJs just do it with their reads on the emotional motivations of others instead.

In both cases it's a little disconcerting, but at least when INTJs do it they aren't flat out obnoxious. Can't say the same for their INFJ buddies, I'm afraid. And you thought ENTPs were arrogant!

(And this is coming from a guy who likes most INFJs!)
    Everyone rants, just fess up instead of winding up. At least you weren't lambasting whole groups of people based on your negative experiences with a few...

You guys are hilaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarious on the whole.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Everyone rants, just fess up instead of winding up. At least you weren't lambasting whole groups of people based on your negative experiences with a few...
    Sure, I was ranting. In the process, I was actually though, "lambasting" a style of behaviour and implicitly thereby, the people I've known who typify it. If you wish to extend that into implying that I'm also lambasting all those who display it, whether I've met them or not, then that's fine. And if you want to extend that further still into taking it personally, on behalf of your INFJ siblings-in-humanity - well. if the cap fits...

You guys are hilaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarious on the whole.
    We aim to amuse

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

IME, the best way to shut up an ENTP is to hug them yes
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Oberon

IME, the best way to shut up an ENTP is to hug them yes
    Works for me, pretty much every time.

Oberon

Mmm...I recognize a lot of this. I share your views on judging others and your dislike of being judged. It's maybe the detached part that confuses me with ENTPs. You never seem to relax and let go and put your faith in the other, who you say you consider your friend. Like you are indeed constantly aware that they might wrong you at some point. I've also known ENTPs that judge quite harshly, though granted, they were unhealthy ones, probably. Almost, as if they were to retaliate for being judged themselves by the world. A defense mechanism, if you will.
    Well, yes... but that's what enables us to be the self-sufficient MacGyvers of relationships. Even the healthy ENTPs know how to cut their losses and go with what works. ENTPs probably would make good drifters...