First 18262728293038 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Ted Bundy was a great example of an ENTP.

A master strategist.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I like ENTP's. They're a blast.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I can see how you guys might be a tad, what's that word, yup, condescending, and, well, let's face it, sensitivity is not your forte, though immediately Blackmail! and someone like Synarch stick out as being exceptions to this particular rule.

You guys are like "cool" intellectuals, and I dig that.
    I love you.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    It helped to show that I am not easily offended. Some of the abrasiveness from these students was not intended as being out of line, but their minds were going so fast and they had such energy, that stuff just got blurted out.

More than being nice or nasty, I think being direct, reasonable, and non-controlling are the key to gaining most anyone's respect, but especially in this case perhaps?
    Agree.

Think Ive decided on of the keys is respect. If an immature ENTP thinks they're being disrespected they seem to act up, being direct, reasonable, hard to offend and non-controlling while showing respect seems to get them on-side.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Agree.

Think Ive decided on of the keys is respect. If an immature ENTP thinks they're being disrespected they seem to act up, being direct, reasonable, hard to offend and non-controlling while showing respect seems to get them on-side.
    How do you define respect? Usually, everyone has their own ideas of what respect means in real interaction.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I've never been told I'm earthy before...

Oh wait, I'm a PIMP for now.

Maybe I'll actually be an ESFJ after the holidays. Then I'll seem more approachable and I can gain more friend requests which I can deny!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    How do you define respect? Usually, everyone has their own ideas of what respect means in real interaction.
    I mean allowing them to have their own opinion without passing judgement against them personally even if you disagree. Listening to what is said without rushing to conclusions. Entertaining the possibility their message could be correct even if the delivery is off. I think that shows respect to an ENTP.

Getting personal because you disagree with what they are saying, informing them of what they are trying to say or disregarding because of the way it's said instead of the actual message seems to result in some form of offence or at least lack of respect on their behalf, than they're happy just to offend in return.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well...ENTPs.

Most of the ones I meet are neat. They tend to be pretty fun. There's this other thing, where they have a tendency to totally exasperate me though.

For example, I have an ENTP sister. Last year, while watching Smallville, I said that Kristin Kreuk was pretty. Then she asked me if I was shallow. I told her that my calling a girl pretty doesn't mean I'm shallow, so she asked if I would marry a girl who never shaved their legs and whose legs were really hairy. And then I told her no, but then she changed the rules and said that I was already married to her, and that if I divorced her she would kill herself. Then I said I would get her to cheat on me, but she said that if I divorced her the universe would blow up.

At that point I thought: "I can NOT believe I am having this conversation."

And that has happened with a bunch of ENTPs I've met. They know I can follow those weird tangents yet play around with my straight-man tendencies as an INTJ.

I still like them.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FallsPioneer View Post
    At that point I thought: "I can NOT believe I am having this conversation."

And that has happened with a bunch of ENTPs I've met. They know I can follow those weird tangents yet play around with my straight-man tendencies as an INTJ.
    ENTPs should be sent to their rooms.... but don't forget to install a video monitor.

A dialog my son shared with me when he was 4 or 5:

"People shouldn't use the word 'sh*t' because 'sh*t' is a bad word. If my friends say 'sh*t' I tell them not to say 'sh*t' because saying 'sh*t' isn't nice."

Yeah. Sure. Now wipe that smug smile off your face, finish your cookie and go play in traffic.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

To hit.

Why?

It might be fun.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]