Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    are cool and funny but that comes at a cost of vulgarity, crudeness, indiference to social norms and general offensiveness.

TRUST ME, I KNOW ONE REALLY WELL.
    FUCKING BASS TURDS.

The thing is, in my teenage years I used to pretend to be nice and try to stay away from coarse language. Now it doesn't matter anymore.

MBTI
    entp
    Socionics
    entp

out of line behaviour usually means entp is bored and needs stimulation..

we are like 5yr olds.. on speed.

either you distract us, or we distract ourselves... by being loud and silly and annoying and pushing your buttons and laughing at your serious face and not caring about your mood because we are happy la la la

if you want to manipulate, try being nice about it and manipulating with distractions... like SECRETS!! or anything we don't already know.

or if it is something really annoying tell them that someone you both know, who nobody likes does whatever it is that entp is doing that pisses you off... entp will think you haven't noticed they do it yet, and will consciously try to stop doing it!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    So Ive noticed in some of my interactions with (immature) ENTPs that the nicer I am the more abrasive and shocking they appear to be but once I get a little nasty they respect what Im saying and are more co-operative, is this the case?

What is the best way to make an ENTP stop and reassess their actions when they are out of line?
    I've had a couple of rather naughty students who I think were ENTPs (extreme versions of it in some cases). It helped to show that I am not easily offended. Some of the abrasiveness from these students was not intended as being out of line, but their minds were going so fast and they had such energy, that stuff just got blurted out.

I found that trying to control or box in such a person is a ridiculous waste of time. I give them the reigns to a large degree by asking them specifically what would enable them to get the best results. If the out of line behavior is limiting them from their goal, then that is worth pointing out. More than being nice or nasty, I think being direct, reasonable, and non-controlling are the key to gaining most anyone's respect, but especially in this case perhaps?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by poppy08 View Post
    out of line behaviour usually means entp is bored and needs stimulation..

we are like 5yr olds.. on speed.

either you distract us, or we distract ourselves... by being loud and silly and annoying and pushing your buttons and laughing at your serious face and not caring about your mood because we are happy la la la

if you want to manipulate, try being nice about it and manipulating with distractions... like SECRETS!! or anything we don't already know.

or if it is something really annoying tell them that someone you both know, who nobody likes does whatever it is that entp is doing that pisses you off... entp will think you haven't noticed they do it yet, and will consciously try to stop doing it!
    that's funny! i need some entp friends in my for real life...outside of this place...funny funny!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

Whenever I start to lose sight of things, someone telling it to me straight up is what I respect / listen to most. Even if I don't agree with you, I'll still modify my ways a bit to compensate for pissing you off. I can usually see where people are coming from, even if I disagree.

I'll admit though, like what was said in another post, if what you say just seems completely absurd to me, I'll probably go off on you

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Default How does everyone feel about ENTPs?

OK guys, be brutally honest here. I'm not going to argue with you or get upset...(I'm used to it.)

What thoughts, words, descriptions and feelings come to mind when you think ENTP? Please no answers from ENTPs themselves--I want the outside world's view looking in.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm new to this so...i'm not sure i know any outside of here...but i personally feel an instant familiarity with the ones i've met...i feel like we're a lot alike and i feel like we would be great friends and have this great confidant type relationship and be very supportive of one another but also really playful and fun.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Great to bounce ideas off of and really get plans going. Quick minded and scatter brained to the extreme but very almost synergistic minds in terms of the NTP dynamic. One of my old highschool friends was my favorite trouble partner, we would always dominate the class and sort of enforce our personality on it. Made for great lively and humorous classes. I wouldn't say I was a direct force but I definitely had an influence over him and his influence was much more diffusive than mine. The verbal acuity and mental agility were probably the things I valued the most it seemed like no matter what there was always something that could be overturned, overdone, and overemphasized. Constant one upsmanship. They have a way of always being open to discussions and games. Bringing things out in others.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Balanced ones: love bouncing ideas of them and infecting each other with enthousiasm. Always ready for just about anything, no matter how crazy, can shed light on confusing issues for me (T vs F), can occasionally be very blunt, and won't mind if I am too, tend to be very honest which I can thoroughly appreciate. Love their intensity but don't wanna be the one they point all of that energy at when they disagree with something.

Unbalanced ones (haven't met that many and the ones I know are not confirmed ENTP's): Can be blunt and even cruel in their quest to make people react and for sheer shock vallue. Much like a child pokes a cat to get a reaction, they'll do the same with people and rub salt in emotional wounds they happen to have discovered. And even worse, some of them will then tell you that they do this out of the goodness of their heart as they feel you need to toughen up in order to face the world, aka guilttripping you for calling them on it and asking them to stop.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's the ENTP's starting the most threads that ask "How does everybody feel about ENTPs"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]